It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THIS is what Russia is aiding and abetting

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Those who side with Russia - Iran - China in the Syrian issue ; if you are a westener then you are more confused then scoobie doo .

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

How come if you compare the USA's bombing campaign over the last year etc to the Russian one over the last few weeks one gets such a gobsmacking different result?

Because one is trying to not kill civilians fighting ISIS, whereas the other has no problem killing civilians while striking ISIS.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Do you have anything to back up the claim that civilians were killed by the Russians in Syria?
edit on 16-10-2015 by RogueWave because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Jihadist and extremest are on all sides, ALL side over there. There isn't a good side anywhere, just what level of extremism with all capable and doing the very same things in the video.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

This is what the American armed SOBs are leaving behind them and this is what the Russian army, Iran and Syria are trying to put an end to.

So it's not okay for the US to supply anti government forces, but now are you feeling the same way about Russia, as they are arming and training separatists to fight against government forces?

I challenge anyone to defend the Saudi / US position of arming rebel fighters after seeing this video.

Have to love good old RT/Kremlin video...I mean what else would you expect from them.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: RogueWave

Do you have anything to back up the claim that civilians were killed by the Russians in Syria?

Apparent Russian airstrikes on Talbiseh in northern Homs that killed at least 17 civilians should be investigated for possible violations of the laws of war. Two local media activists and two first responders said that the September 30, 2015 strikes hit a residential part of town at a distance from any apparent military targets and that no combatants were killed in the strike.

And before you start with apparent...they admit to the airstrikes.

According to a report by Russia 24, a state-owned news channel, Talbiseh was one of several towns in Homs struck by Russian forces on September 30.

www.hrw.org...

Not hard to find when you look.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h Russia were invited to Syria by Assad. not sure what Americas reason for being in a sovereign country is just yet?

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Lol at least you are not qouting Human Rights Obervatory anymore.

But, off course, still unconfirmed anonymous sources. Any credible big media source with more than anonymous hearsay?

I am sure that CNN would run a story if there was anything to it.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Russia were invited to Syria by Assad. not sure what Americas reason for being in a sovereign country is just yet?

Well one reason would be they are fighting terrorists that have killed American citizens while being in Syria would be one one of my guesses.

But did Syria ask Russia to kill it's people in airstrikes that aren't near rebel positions?

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

But did Syria ask Russia to kill it's people in airstrikes that aren't near rebel positions?

You have nothing but unconfimed hearsay by unnamed sources to back up this claim. It is bs.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Lol at least you are not qouting Human Rights Obervatory anymore.

Okay.

But, off course, still unconfirmed anonymous sources. Any credible big media source with more than anonymous hearsay?

So we have RUssian media admitting to the airstrikes in the place where civilian's were killed which btw was not near any rebels and it's hearsay...I understand actual facts don't matter as long as you can praise Russia and are willing to defend them any chance you can.

Can you refute it?

I mean you should be able to so since according to you it is all BS ?

I am sure that CNN would run a story if there was anything to it.

CNN....

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

You have nothing but unconfimed hearsay by unnamed sources to back up this claim. It is bs.

Russia admitted to bombing the same area those civilians died...no other planes were bombing that area and it was done well away from the actual rebels.

Now can you refute what is being report and corroborated, because I don't believe you can?

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Don't act dumb, I am not refuting that Russia bombed that area. I am asking you to show a credible source that says civilians got killed, that is not based on hearsay from unnamed sources.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: RogueWave

Don't act dumb, I am not refuting that Russia bombed that area. I am asking you to show a credible source that says civilians got killed, that is not based on hearsay from unnamed sources.

Cluster munitions and dumb bombs are pretty indiscriminate.

UK has only struck IS in Iraq by invitation, may have executed one UK terrorist in Syria by guided rocket, I still don't know what we support there financially or training wise.

I don't agree with arming Rebels but a few years ago they were all Syrians (not rebels or terrorists) who wanted Assad to go and he killed them for demanding that, labeled them terrorists and now those Syrians who wanted change are being killed for it.

Yes it's a mess and U.S. Foreign policy there may be creating the mess, but when the uprising happened, that was the will of the majority, they were the innocent Syrian civilians we were helping, now the poor buggers are being bombed by Russia for wanting a change.

Shame on you.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Are your sources any more credible than this?

syrianfreepress.wordpress.com...

ACT OF WAR: U.S.-led coalition, instead of bombing Daesh’s positions, strikes with air raids Syrian infrastructure in residential areas, two power plants destroyed.

I have seen several reports like this where there are claims the US led coalition is actually striking civilian infrastructure rather than actually hitting ISIL targets.

abcnews.go.com...

US Strikes Oil Refinery in Syria

www.buzzfeed.com...

The U.S.-Led Fight Against ISIS Has Killed Far More Civilians Than It Admits

ISKENDERUN, Turkey — The little girl was home in northern Syria at around 8:30 on a recent summer night when the missile streaked down from the sky. Her uncle, 21-year-old Talha Amouri, was outside when the explosion ripped through the house, knocking him off his feet. He dug through the wreckage for hour after frantic hour, pulling out members of his family. He found five of his nieces — ages 8, 7, 6, 5, and 3 — dead. But the youngest, 2-year-old Nariman, clung to life, her arms locked around her mother, who had also survived. Nariman was rushed to a hospital across the nearby border with Turkey, in the seaside city of Iskenderun, where she now lies helpless beneath a web of tubes and bandages.

I,m absolutely sick of reading and seeing these kinds of news reports that all have one common thread. And deep down, even you know just who the guilty parties were, are, that started this human tragedy all for oil, or more to the point an oil pipeline. George Bush and his den of merciless criminals need to tried and hanged for crimes against humanity.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

now the poor buggers are being bombed by Russia for wanting a change.

What is your source for this?

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

originally posted by: boncho

This is what the American armed SOBs are leaving behind them and this is what the Russian army, Iran and Syria are trying to put an end to.

via Russian News aka: RT

We get it, lots of BS going on between US & Russia in Syria, don't believe lies on either side though...

Those dead men are not lies. Nor is the testimony of the villagers.

Dead man tell a story do they?? You have absolutely no idea who the dead people are, what they were doing, who they were fighting, who the Russians were bombing, who they are supporting, what their actions are.

You have a bunch of statements from Russian media, and you have propaganda from both governments. You want to make a big deal about US weapons getting in the hands of Al Nusra, guess what small arms every terrorist organization in the world uses? AK-47s...

There is no story in the video you provided, its just more media crap that doesnt tell a story, its a headline and that's it. If you want real reporting go look up something by Jeremy Scahill or investigative journalists that actually tell a story behind the headlines.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: boncho

guess what small arms every terrorist organization in the world uses? AK-47s...

Meaning what? US has supplied 100's of 1000's of AK's in the middle east. Also, AK's are produced by quite some countries.

Are you saying that because they were originally developed in Russia, that Russia supplied every AK in the world?

This is the third time this week that I see someone make such a comment.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: boncho
I do appreciate your post. The only descrepency is in the weapons you mention in that even the US covert entities provide AK weapons and ammunition to their surrogates, mainly to deflect suspicion fron the sources of their support. After all, it wouldn't look too good if ISIL's primary ground weapon happened to be an AR-15, would it?

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

via Russian News aka: RT

We get it, lots of BS going on between US & Russia in Syria, don't believe lies on either side though...

Those dead men are not lies. Nor is the testimony of the villagers.

Dead man tell a story do they?? You have absolutely no idea who the dead people are, what they were doing, who they were fighting, who the Russians were bombing, who they are supporting, what their actions are.

You have a bunch of statements from Russian media, and you have propaganda from both governments. You want to make a big deal about US weapons getting in the hands of Al Nusra, guess what small arms every terrorist organization in the world uses? AK-47s...

There is no story in the video you provided, its just more media crap that doesnt tell a story, its a headline and that's it. If you want real reporting go look up something by Jeremy Scahill or investigative journalists that actually tell a story behind the headlines.

CIA is that you?

C'mon stop putting up propagande smoke screens and admit that the villagers are telling the truth.

The American armed rebels went through their hamlet and massacred any men they could find, I've been in an active war zone and I've seen these sort of things for myself.

How about you?
edit on 16-10-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join