It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Learning Again to Love

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
One major benchmark of a culture exists in how its people typically react unto unusual situations.

Another exists in uncovering what situations most people find unusual.

Through ascertaining those things one can delineate much about the spiritual state of a society--learning how morally and ethically advanced that civilization has become over time, gaining a glimpse of the qualities and characteristics inherent unto its population.

Scrutinize hard this world in which you're living--examine under a microscope its various nuances and mores--and inevitably you'll find something disturbing. And that something is this:

Expressions of negativity, of scorn, of sarcasm and outright hate--these things are expected and even welcomed within this little sphere that forms our shared reality. This should be evident from the rude ways people interact with each other on the streets, the sidewalks, the parks and public places unto which we all have shared access, those ready venues where we most freely interact.

Indicia of this even exists within the strictures of corporate america and its attendant businesses, where numerous restaurant chains available throughout the nation pride themselves upon delivering intentionally rude service unto their customers.

So within this strange and backwards culture, rudeness is accepted, expected, and in some cases, encouraged.

But what of love?

Walk down the street and call some random stranger a mean name, and you might receive nothing more than a mean glare in return. And in some cases you could find yourself on the receiving end of zero reaction whatsoever, because cruelty is expected in part and absorbed as nothing more than the standard scenario one needs endure towards existing in this society.

Now walk down the same street and tell that identical person you love them--and put sincere meaning into those words--and you'll likely get a far stranger reaction. Unto that sentiment of endearment and on hearing those words of ultimate care, they might respond in completely paradoxical fashion: growing upset, aggrieved, or even frightened that some unknown individual would dare accost them with unrequested affection.

Seriously, how backwards is that? What kind of world have we created where unleashing torrents of hate upon another living being might earn nothing more than a set of shrugged shoulders, but expressing unprovoked endearment unto another instantly makes others see you as strange?

Seen through that lens of simplicity--stripping down unto the core of its being--that paradoxical situation expresses one of the fundamental roots of the wrongs assailing this society. And never will that situation improve until we start doing something about it.

So start right now. Resolve that from this moment forward you'll help normalize that expression in the minds of others.

Vow that you'll start helping individuals learn to love.

It doesn't take much time and it hardly requires scant effort. It needs nothing more than devoted discipline unto the cause--and an unwavering determination towards incorporating that sentiment of supreme affection back into the normal lexicon.

Simply start telling people you love them on a more regular basis, even if you only feel comfortable using that term when referring unto a third party.

Even saying something simple as: "yeah, I know him--I love that guy" when asked about another is enough to start restoring that phrase into a position of normality in society. Simply start slipping the idea of love into your ordinary lexicon and eventually you'll find yourself growing increasingly comfortable including it in everyday speech.

Soon thereafter, you can start expanding use of that term to inform your closest friends how you really feel. Just telling them you love them on a semi-regular basis will do wonders towards improving their outlook on life and cementing the solidity of your interpersonal relationships.

Then you can even expand that idea unto strangers, wielding those words in oblique ways that convey that same meaning without expressing the pointed delivery that would have others looking at you strange. Saying to your taxi driver, "thanks, I love how quick you got us here," or speaking to your stylist "I love how well you cut my hair" or telling your server at a restaurant "I love how friendly you are" is a simple way towards expressing obvious affection and appreciation without assailing someone with the full onslaught of those three powerful words.

There are endless ways towards expressing your love towards others on a regular basis--slipping that idea into conversations so your friends and family and other acquaintances know how you feel, and incorporating that idea into your lexicon towards normalizing it again for everyday use.

A society where its inhabitants never learned to love is a culture on the brink of implosion. And never will this reality recover until and unless people like yourself start making a concerted effort towards expressing that concept in consistent ways--and continuing that process until all grow comfortable with the idea of sharing openly our love with each other without considering it strange or perverse.

All change in society starts with changing the person in the mirror. So start changing your behavior today.

Start helping others learn to love. And start becoming more accepting if random people express unto you those same sentiments.

Not until we reintroduce the idea of shamelessly expressing selfless love into society can we ever convert this sphere from a world predominate in negativity into one where kindness prevails.

And not until we convert our own conception of love into something we can share freely with each other can we start changing this reality for the better--evolving it through positivity into new and loftier heights where instead of glancing askance at a stranger who expresses unto you affection, we can unabashedly look back into their eyes and say, "Thanks, I love you too."

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I LOVE YOU.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Trachel

Laugh and Smile more than frown.
Compliment rather than complain.

This not only inspires Love in the world but Joy.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blissful
I LOVE YOU.

Love you too, homes!

See, you can even soften it with slang and easily fit it into your normal conversation.

Spread the love!

top topics

join