It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Hardcore’ anti-Islam protester puts down banners after hug from Muslim (VIDEO)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
www.rt.com...

A recent protest at one of many Mosques across the U.S. has ended peacefully once again.

Following on from a protest at another Mosque earlier this year (around May time)...
We have more good news coming from a peaceful gathering against extremism.

An anti-Islam protest near a mosque in Ohio, US, finished almost before it started after a Muslim woman gave a hug to the only demonstrator who showed up. Both then went to a mosque, where they were greeted with cheers.

The lady (the sole protester) was invited into the Mosque by her counterpart and greeted by a parting congregation who applauded her.

The anti-Islam protester, identified by media as Annie, was in fact surrounded by a group of counter-protest participants, who tried to prove her wrong. The situation was becoming more and more tense, so here is what Cox de Boutinkhar did: “I just walked to her and I said, ‘Can I hug you?”

This helped: “I could feel her, kind of, relaxing.”

The protester was outnumbered, sadly. Would have been better if she had some support from what is, online at least, a very vocal community.

Now I have taken into consideration that this could all have been a set up, intended to go viral...
I still have reservations as to whether this was genuine or whether it was orchestrated...

I could imagine a community coming together to do that in many instances and just because this shows Islam in a good light, those doubts still linger in my skeptical mind.

So it's a two thronged discussion really...

On one hand we have a community outnumbering the "Islamophobe" and the Muslims feeling empathy for he woman encouraging her to have a change of heart without being malignant towards her...

Or more interestingly, we have a completely fabricated story created to ease tensions from what is rampantly becoming a population war between Muslims who feel under threat by certain rhetoric & non-Muslims who feel aggrieved by lack of assimilation.

I've yet to fully invest in either notion yet.

I had a feel good emotion at first, but I can't stop my suspicions just yet.

Feel free to feel however you do.

Salam.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Now turn the tables.. If an anti-Christian muslim had been protesting, he would have accepted a hug from a Christian, then once in full embrace - blown himself up.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: HighDesertPatriot

Gotta love comments like this, sad part is it will do well.
www.huffingtonpost.com...
www.christianpost.com...

Go to religonofpeace or Geller's webiste with that tripe.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Gotta love comments like this, sad part is it will do well.
www.huffingtonpost.com...
www.christianpost.com...

Go to religonofpeace or Geller's webiste with that tripe.

There is a fundamental difference in these two religions, regardless of your eagerness to ignore it.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: HighDesertPatriot
Now turn the tables.. If an anti-Christian muslim had been protesting, he would have accepted a hug from a Christian, then once in full embrace - blown himself up.

Do you seriously believe this or it was an attempt at humour ?

You can't make up idiotic comments like these.
Priceless.
edit on 15-10-2015 by Avicenne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

A difference they share, all the major religions say the others are false and all those that follow it are doomed.

Yet there is still peace between the majority of people, the ME is the obvious exception to that and news flash, the people killing over there are killing EVERYONE that doesn't follow their ways.
Did you even read the links?

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

smh ..

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Charlie, you are a very thoughtful person and despite my many disagreements with your politics, I have a great deal of respect for you personally. Let us hope that this is a real event and not some kind of staged propaganda.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
www.rt.com...

A recent protest at one of many Mosques across the U.S. has ended peacefully once again.

Following on from a protest at another Mosque earlier this year (around May time)...
We have more good news coming from a peaceful gathering against extremism.

An anti-Islam protest near a mosque in Ohio, US, finished almost before it started after a Muslim woman gave a hug to the only demonstrator who showed up. Both then went to a mosque, where they were greeted with cheers.

The lady (the sole protester) was invited into the Mosque by her counterpart and greeted by a parting congregation who applauded her.

The anti-Islam protester, identified by media as Annie, was in fact surrounded by a group of counter-protest participants, who tried to prove her wrong. The situation was becoming more and more tense, so here is what Cox de Boutinkhar did: “I just walked to her and I said, ‘Can I hug you?”

This helped: “I could feel her, kind of, relaxing.”

The protester was outnumbered, sadly. Would have been better if she had some support from what is, online at least, a very vocal community.

Now I have taken into consideration that this could all have been a set up, intended to go viral...
I still have reservations as to whether this was genuine or whether it was orchestrated...

I could imagine a community coming together to do that in many instances and just because this shows Islam in a good light, those doubts still linger in my skeptical mind.

So it's a two thronged discussion really...

On one hand we have a community outnumbering the "Islamophobe" and the Muslims feeling empathy for he woman encouraging her to have a change of heart without being malignant towards her...

Or more interestingly, we have a completely fabricated story created to ease tensions from what is rampantly becoming a population war between Muslims who feel under threat by certain rhetoric & non-Muslims who feel aggrieved by lack of assimilation.

I've yet to fully invest in either notion yet.

I had a feel good emotion at first, but I can't stop my suspicions just yet.

Feel free to feel however you do.

Salam.

It is my belief that these "Nice" Muslims are not following Islam literally. Thats is a good thing. That does not mean Islam is Compatible with Freedom, equality and democracy. It also does not mean Islam does not inspire extremism and terrorists.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

No religion is compatible with freedom unless you don't follow it literally, which really none of the modern followers of abrahamic religions due.
Well not the majority of them, we have fundies in all.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Now, now, lets not start a Holy War.

Oh, never mind.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

wow... libelous, presumptions, conjecture, ignorance....

thank god for thinly veiled anonymity of the Internet... SMH

a positive discussion turned to hog wash

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Most of these types of hatred comes from the fear of unknown. Once that fear is gone, so is the hatred,
edit on 15/10/15 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Nah, it was no setup or photo-op. I showed the full video in another thread. It was a 48 minute long video & the action happened in the last 10 minutes or so. (Found it while typing this!)

Also, the vocal crowd online doesn't represent many people in real life. The largest of these "anti-Islam" rallies only got about 120 people, and that was in Phoenix, Arizona (population 1.5 million).

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Great story, Charlie! What the world needs now...

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: HighDesertPatriot

I don't know what is more distasteful to me. Your bigoted opinion here or that you got all those stars...

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

wow... libelous, presumptions, conjecture, ignorance....

thank god for thinly veiled anonymity of the Internet... SMH

a positive discussion turned to hog wash

The religion of peace, right? Look what is happening in Europe. These people are not civilized as a group. You have one muslim giving hugs? Cool. I used to live next to an Afghani family, real nice people. That does not mean that they are not a threat to the western way of life that we enjoy. Wake up.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Now, now, lets not start a Holy War.

Oh, never mind.

Like last time? The muslims want a holy war, they will get one.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Like last time? The muslims want a holy war, they will get one.

Y'all started the damn war. But go on, blame the victims one more time.

edit on 16-10-2015 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

So in a thread about Muslims quelling bigotry against them peacefully, you come in and start antagonizing them and call them uncivilized. The way this all looks to me is that YOU are the one who is uncivilized, not them. You appear to be pretty pro-war with muslims too. Even said that you'd like to start a holy war. Are you sure you aren't a member of ISIS batting for Christians?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join