It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Jesus a Vegan?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

hmm I see your point.

But I am a huge fan of common sense
And I don't really care what ether of the books says specifically about his eating habits.

I think his main message is clear and common sense should tell us that he was primarily a vegan.

Don't take stuff to literal, especially the bible or any other spiritual or religious book. But rather try to absorb the meaning of the message and get to your own conclusions.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

lol... I can come at you from a few different angles on this...

For one, Jesus was raised a Jew... they weren't vegan, in fact I don't think vegans existed outside of Buddhism/Hinduism at that time.

Theres nothing that even suggests Jesus didn't eat meat in the gospels, and unfortunately they are the best source of info on Jesus we have anywhere...

Gnostic Jesus could have been a vegan... possibly... but all of those texts excluding Thomas are at least 100-400 years off of Jesus' actual life... and even Thomas is up for debate in scholarly circles

NOW... IF one takes into a account the fact that we have no info on Jesus in his early life... theres actually 17 years missing that we know nothing about... and the small possibility that HE actually traveled to Tibet and India in those years (which I actually do believe)... then it is very possible he was a Vegan...

And a couple threads about that subject for you good sir...

The lost years

Part II: The Life of Issa and the Gospels

bottom line is.... "Common sense" says Jesus was not Vegan... theres really nothing to suggest it at all

edit on 21-10-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   

nice replay!

but hey, even he had to grow up into a person he was. I bet as a kid he did many wrongs and sinned. I visualize him as a good natured kid with a lot of curiosity but kids do mischievous stuff and eat what is on the table. He was only human after all. And teenage years can be ... well we all know from own experience

Nice of you that you mentioned the lost years. I share the same belief about them as you do. And after that he was a teacher of love and compassion and then he surly avoid eating meat. I am sure of that 100%. I cannot prove it, but it should be clear to all of us. Because of his teachings....
edit on 14454127131031October3110313115 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Sigh... Well... lol

And after that he was a teacher of love and compassion and then he surly avoid eating meat. I am sure of that 100%.

This again depends on what one believes about Jesus... A Christian would tell you that "god" gave us the animals to use at our disposal as it says in the OT... We're to rule over them

Gen 9
Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

And Jesus would have obeyed everything in the OT to a Christian which could not make him vegan

Personally I do like this passage because it mentions green herb

but hey, even he had to grow up into a person he was. I bet as a kid he did many wrongs and sinned. He was only human after all. And teenage years can be ... well we all know from own experience

Possibly, in "the Infancy of Thomas" he actually killed a couple other kids in his youth...

The son of Annas the scholar, standing there with Jesus, took a willow branch and drained the water Jesus had collected. (2)Jesus, however, saw what had happened and became angry, saying to him, "Damn you, you irreverent fool! What harm did the ponds of water do to you? From this moment you, too, will dry up like a tree, and you'll never produce leaves or root or bear fruit."
(3) In an instant the boy had completely withered away. Then Jesus departed and left for the house of Joseph. (4)The parents of the boy who had withered away picked him up and were carrying him out, sad because he was so young. And they came to Joseph and accused him: "It's your fault - your boy did this."

4 Later he was going through the village again when a boy ran and bumped him on the shoulder. Jesus got angry and said to him, "You won't continue your journey." (2)And all of a sudden, he fell down and died.
(3)Some people saw what had happened and said, "Where has this boy come from? Everything he says happens instantly!"

Catholics still use this text in their version of the bible, though its not considered Canon, so this particular part is likely dismissed but I don't actually know...You'd have to ask a Catholic

In any case, regardless of his teachings... really... Nothing vegan lol

but its a nice thought, and anything is possible

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   
yes there are many different sources for Christian religion. Of them all I personally like the most what the Essen gospels have to say. At least those gospels are more in tune with true spirituality compared to bible which are just moral stories or not even that as you pointed it out. Without actual practical advice how to get closer to god. Just a set of rules and morals.

They actually teach to eat what is around you and eat alive - raw food (fruits, vegis,..) that God put you in your current location and what grows near you in nature is the best food for your mind and soul. They then actually teach how to clean yourself with meditation and how to focus on angel of air, water and fire and in general how to life spiritual life. I wish more Christians would read and abide by them instead of the popular bible, which is arguable written for manipulation of people to guide them by fear! As in must go to church or you go to hell. Must not be gay, or you go to hell, etc....

So at this point I would like to ask you. What do you think? Is the bible correct version of his life or are other books depicting more real picture about him if you take into account that he really was the messiah like Buddha and others in this category?

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   

It seems to me that you have a lot of thoughts on this subject...

I would suggest you write a thread, and I will respond there...

I've stated my position on the premise of this thread, so its best not to derail it more then we have already

sound good?

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   

hey, this sounds perfect and I am sorry for derailing the thread, but it is all somehow connected (at least in my silly head haha) so I think no big harm is done

carry on and I hope a lot more posters will share their views...

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: UniFinity
ask yourself this.

What did Jesus teach?
unlimited love and compassion

What did Jesus say about where is the Father aka. god?
within and outside me

by those answers alone he is teaching we should love as much as possible. Animals, plants, people. God is everywhere.

Animals and plants are alive. But the difference is that animals have feelings and are aware much more than plants. But they are animals, they do not have reason so they do their bast to survive. But we have reason and we should use it in a way that will bring love to all living beings or plants.

But we must all eat something so it depends on situation where we are, but in any case. Try to cause as little suffering as possible and be grateful for every meal.

This should be obvious to any religious person.
word up! I concou
r

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy
a reply to: Butterfinger

You have to prove he existed first before you ask if he preferred a restricted diet.

Just taking the written accounts into the debate, whether or not the person is fictitious or not.

Is Jon Snow a Targaryen?

Did Washington really chop down a cherry tree?

The question is the point of the thread, not the person's reality. It just doesn't need to be discussed per se

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: sekerofknowlege

Interesting read ...

Eating meat causes disease or sin if you like ... But if one does not know eating meat causes disease ... How can that be a sin.

The testament is archaic and I feel certain terms/meanings may be lost in translation

However today there are many people who do not eat meat for health reasons also ... but I do not know how many are Christian

<< 1  2  3   >>

join