It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Jesus a Vegan?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: bluemooone2

How do you know that people were not just as progressive and forward thinking as the Man in question? I mean it's not like everyone at the time had there own biography aka the New Testament composed about them over the next few thousand year's.

What about people like Aristotle, Pythagoras or Plato? They appear to have had just as much of an influence regarding our world as Jesus seems to have had.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: sekerofknowlege

Sorry but theres nothing in the gospels that even remotely suggest he was vegan...

Pretty well all the verses posted by other members explain it pretty clearly...

On the other hand IF one believes the Essene or gnostic Jesus was actually the correct one... then its very possible

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Nice point there I admit. Without a time machine I guess we can not be sure , but whomever he was he did not much like lawyerly types and he disliked the status quo. And there is power shared through believing on him for many.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
No, he was a breatharian.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
did people back then have the luxury of such a strict diet?

not like they can run down to the local supermart for as many oreos and tofu squares as they want...

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I can say definitively No, He was not. Jesus never stopped in the middle of a sermon to point out he was a vegan. Or mentioned it to the Romans, or Pharisees, or Pilate. Or even to the two criminals on the other crosses.

So there you go.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Probably had quite a bit of cheese actually, and I am certain that fish was most likely part of the diet..

Lamb meat too..

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
I can say definitively No, He was not. Jesus never stopped in the middle of a sermon to point out he was a vegan. Or mentioned it to the Romans, or Pharisees, or Pilate. Or even to the two criminals on the other crosses.

So there you go.

There are those teachings nonetheless in Scripture, where one of the disciples does indeed state that it is better to be vegetarian..and to avoid the hubris created by eating meat..for modesty and humility better is vegetarianism..

Otherwise in another instance, there is the verse that states that little does it matter what enters the mouth, but rather what comes forth from it.. This is actually a very good verse since it helps all of us overlook dietary differences in search of the common brotherhood and brotherliness.. also, it helps one to be less judgemental towards people's eating choices and habits..

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
No, he was a breatharian.

...and a soy mochachino, double cream, twist of vanilla bean drinking hipster...

Å99

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   
do you see any real spiritual person today and is not vegan or eats meat in low amounts as possible?!

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I think he ate fish, meat was and actually is luxury.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I dunno?.

I tend to think about things more like....

....Did this fella ever even actually exist at all?....

And I'm sure the "You should have faith my son...." replies will be on their way soon....

Well, Ya Know?, I used to once when I was a child.
edit on 15-10-2015 by MyHappyDogShiner because: stupidassmofo

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
There's a good reason why there's only safe and important stuff chosen to be in the Bible and not every apocryphal gospel.
I think there had to be good reasons to burn witches at some time btw.
With only a few years left this is not the most important stuff to deal with.
Check the quote from the Gospel of Thomas:
"Jesus said: Blessed is the lion which the man eats, and the lion will become man; and cursed is the man whom the lion eats, and the lion will become man."
If Jesus is the creator then He certainly knew very well that a closed biosphere isn't able to function without death. (on this realm) Including the fact that a cow behaves in a different way than a cat. He most likely didn't eat any pork but it would cause no problem for Him either. You (we) on the other hand MAY become lazy from big fish or agressive from other meat. And behave like a pig from the pigmeat diet lol. Some vegetables can be powerful too btw. Too much of raw onion or garlic can make you angry while you'll be fine with moderate doses. Some yogis never eat any of those and still they could be unable to reach the level of some pork eating disciple of Jesus.
Meat and garlic are said to counter a demonic possessions. Now tell me what is good for you?

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Everything points to him eating fish regularly, and lamb on special occasions. The core group of his Apostles were fishermen.

But I have more interesting question, Jesus didn't know everything he knew in heaven until his baptism, I wonder if he cut back on his consumption of meat after that, he couldn't avoid the passover. But it would be a great insult to his hosts if they slaughtered their only fattened lamb especially for his visit, and he refused to eat any of it in.

My feeling is when alone he may have turned it down sticking with bread, dip, veggies and fruits of the middle east, he had a perfect body so not taking in meat wouldn't have harmed him at all. God allowed people to eat meat because of their progression away from perfection and poor weather conditions after the flood.

My personal opinion is that one day right here on earth when God blesses the land with perfect growth and weather we won't need to eat any meat anymore. We will have everything we need from a great variety of healthy fruits, vegetables, nuts and so on. And we won't need to kill a cow to get cheese and ice cream from it either.

I am not a vegetarian, but I see myself becoming one is the distant future.

edit on 15-10-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

It is possible Jesus was from VEGA, but he could be from so many star systems it would be impossible to pinpoint it.
edit on 15-10-2015 by soulpowertothendegree because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

My personal opinion is that one day right here on earth when God blesses the land with perfect growth and weather we won't need to eat any meat anymore.

Neither will the animals.

Isaiah 11:6
And the wolf will dwell with the lamb, And the leopard will lie down with the young goat, And the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; And a little boy will lead them. 7Also the cow and the bear will graze, Their young will lie down together, And the lion will eat straw like the ox

I'm always very suspicious of the scripture in Luke that has Jesus asking for "meat" after his resurrection, and being given broiled fish. I find it hard to believe that a resurrected messiah would require dead flesh for sustenance, and think that this scripture is an interpolation meant to discredit the early Christian cults that were vegans, like the Essene. Like this:

Roman 14:2
One person has faith that he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats vegetables only.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

You would think someone from Sirius B would have a much bigger problem that scripture is even considered to be factual at all.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Factual? No. A narrative to an allegorical story that pertains to the human condition? Yes.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

The point of him eating some fish on the sea shore after his resurrection is a good one, he certainly did not need it in anyway like you say. Maybe Jesus liked the taste, and knew this would be one of his last physical meals ever. Or he was being hospitable to his closest Apostles. He certainly didn't need to do it. But he wanted to do it.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

What was John the Baptist? He ate a regular diet of locusts and honey.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join