It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NLBS 3.03 - Wyoming Is Off Limits for Photos, Drawings, Images, Data Collection, and More

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
This means you cannot pick flowers from the side of the road anymore? Or pebbles from the river, since they can be considered "samples"?
Or you need a special authorization?
Well, no more painting the nature for Wyoming artists anymore.
Creepy, creepy times ahead...
edit on 14-10-2015 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I saw a picture of a postcard of the Wyoming landscape once. Technically, I collected data on Wyoming public lands. In fact, under this new law, if you simply google up some pictures or video of Wyoming "open land", you're technically collecting data.

Damn. Time to wipe the hard drive. I don't want to be extradited!

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Ignore it!

The laws are unconstitutional, meaning they are none and voided period.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I'm having a bad day so I'm going to try and be very brief.

If you link your YouTube video as well as embed it I wouldn't forget to like it for you. Please and thank you. I hope that gives others the idea to like your videos as well.

Thanks Joe

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

You will have to tell that to the judge though, that is the problem.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

It's not the governments land such that they have empowered themselves to pass laws regarding the land - that is not and never will be theirs in the first place - and here's why, as simply as I can put it:

When everyone associated with making the laws and enacting the laws and enforcing the laws is dead, the land will still be there to walk upon, paint, photograph, cultivate and graze.

Just like it's been since looooong before humans with pieces of paper with writing decided to have a "superiority complex moment in history" thinking their bits of paper (law) somehow trumps physics and reality.

Again, politicians, lobbyists and lawyers will be the downfall of the US and the propaganda behemoth hypnotic control over US citizens dwindling ability to think critically will ensure that the United Nations gets the red carpet rolled out to take over "so as to clean up the mess" that the political correction train-wreck left behind.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

The Devil's Tower is a tourist attraction.

Many areas have historical designation, such as Buffalo Run, Wild Bill Cody Museum, Jackson Hole Arch of Antlers,etc.

They encourage photographs. Evanston, Sundance, Albany, Thermopolis, to name a few.

I don't see how this is true.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Why can't citizens have fair use of the public lands their taxes maintain?

Government doing the bidding of Corporations? Orwell approves.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

The Devil's Tower is a tourist attraction.

Many areas have historical designation, such as Buffalo Run, Wild Bill Cody Museum, Jackson Hole Arch of Antlers,etc.

They encourage photographs. Evanston, Sundance, Albany, Thermopolis, to name a few.

I don't see how this is true.

You're correct. Senator Hicks has stated that they won't be enforcing this law that way.. However, the language is there.

Hicks said agrees the bill cannot apply to federal land, since state can’t tell private citizens they aren’t legally allowed to enter lands like Yellowstone.

“We don’t have the authority to tell you what you can or can’t do on federal lands, that’s not in our legislative purview,” Hicks said. “If you legally access federal lands, that doesn’t apply. You are not captured under this law. … As long as [Ratner] stays off private property he can do any damn thing he wants….” source

edit on 14-10-2015 by theNLBS because: Added Quote and Source

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

So the BLM strikes again, but this time they lack the brass to go at it directly and decide to go through their pals', the BIG ranchers, lobbyists?!

The desolation of the Mustangs in Nevada (and a handful of other states) wasn't enough?

spit...

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
This has to be BS!
the can not do this on public land
you have the constitution.
oh! obama made that illegal

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

How will they enforce the law if not to the letter? Why pass a law to enforce portions or none of it?

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Wild Bill Cody museum isn't Federal. I believe it is State. Quite a museum of firearms there....hmmmm....

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

How will they enforce the law if not to the letter? Why pass a law to enforce portions or none of it?

Due to patchwork of landownership it's kinda easy to speculate that a trespass has occurred. Which is what happened to Jonathan Ratner. Only in this case there was 14 other's to corroborate the trespass story.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
This kind of thing is way over the top. Freedom of speech and freedom of the press hold sway over all United States land, including its public parks, public lands, and are they saying that you can't even pick up a pen and put it to paper to note an observation? Making sense of this takes the mind out of the American experiment and into something commonplace before those intellectual freedom-loving men met in Philadelphia to do away with this kind of nonsense.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Wyoming is known for general utility easement rights due to their lack of water. Lack of water wells and high deposits of surface alkali everywhere across the state,
In most areas, you have to buy connection into the State's water service and they literally run a large white pipeline through many other properties to connect yours. Patchwork, maybe but when you go out to view properties to purchase, you drive right onto many others properties and are encouraged to take pictures.

Not sure what this law is trying to protect, once you really get into nitty gritty.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

Not sure what this law is trying to protect, once you really get into nitty gritty.

From what I gather it's to protect the ranchers and their cattle they don't want anyone to expose the truth about where the dirty water is coming from.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Yellowstone caldera. How about hiding data on that puppy?

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Wow, what a shame for such a beautiful state. It's AG Gag law-like. The bill which has been accepted in many places without protest. This off limits rule seems like a test for other areas or a sad prelude to the future that is coming soon enough nationally with pending bills.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Wyoming is REALLY going to have a hard time enforcing it because of this lil thing
First Amendment

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join