It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ‘cult’-like church whose members are accused of fatally beating a teen

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Pure unfounded speculation on my part.

I think the half sister made accusations against them.

Questioning could have been about their thoughts rather then actions.

Some fundamentalists consider thought of action the same as action itself, if not worse.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   
More charged in coming days???

Read More: Will Pastor Of Chadwicks Church Be Charged In Teen's Death? | wibx950.com...

The name ‘Pastor Tiffany’ was brought up in eye witness testimony from church member Daniel Irwin – the brother of one of the alleged assailants, Joseph Irwin – a felony exam in New Hartford Town Court last week. On Wednesday, one of the alleged victims, Christopher Leonard, said Pastor Tiffany was responsible for orchestrating the counseling session that got way out of control. While Christopher did not testify that he was struck by Tiffany, he did indicate she was present for the entirety of what authorities say was a multi-hour assault that saw the two brothers punched, kicked and whipped with a cord.

Read More: Will Pastor Of Chadwicks Church Be Charged In Teen's Death? | wibx950.com...

The pastor was there for over 10 hours watching as they beat one kid to death and put his brother into intensive care...
never went to find a phone and call for help,
never intervened,
wasn't present when they took him to the hospital...

heck, how about a RICO charge, ya know conspiracy to commit murder??? Along with negligent homicide, abuse of a minor, and probably a few more... any adult who knew this was going on and did nothing should be charged.

I posted a link to a chart that was kind of like a who's who within the church... there's been two pastors of this church since it's founding. The leonards are decended from the pastor who was there while the founder, the father of Tiffany Irwin left for awhile and was in Rochester, I believe. Only one of those charged, is outside of these two families.

Which is why I think there might have been a power struggle in the church that just got out of hand. These guys are the founders, and the trustees of the church. Hope the police is looking into the financial records and such to see if there is an underlying motive to this...

edit on 22-10-2015 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
pleas deals and guilty pleas.....

new information available...

All but two of the suspects accused in the brutal beatings at a church in New Hartford last month were offered plea deals from the district attorney's office in Oneida County Court this morning.

According to the Utica Observer-Dispatch, the details of the plea deals for seven of the defendants were discussed during a pre-trial conference in Judge Michael Dwyer's chambers and are not available at this time.

cnycentral.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar
OMG, this does not look like someone who is ashamed of what she has done

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

kind of like...ya, I got ten years knocked off my sentence!!!
this whole story makes me sick... but I will be happy if they manage to send all of those involved to jail for a time.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog

These people are Christian right? Nonviolent religion indeed...

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

well, the christians will just call it a cult...
I kind of think that maybe there was a power struggle in the church that got way out of hand and well, the result was beating the two kids and causing one to die....

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: SuperFrog

These people are Christian right? Nonviolent religion indeed...

Oh, no! They are not "true" Christians.

Because "true" Christians don't behave that way. It's a religion of love and peace.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: SuperFrog Not sure where thin line between cult and church isl

all churches are cult-like. all religions are cults. all are fantasy. religion of any kind is insane.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
LOL, did you just do True Scott would never do that with Krazysh0t??

From what we know, struggle and killing happened regarding kids wanting get out of church.

I hope those involved will get what they deserve...

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: Krazysh0t

well, the christians will just call it a cult...
I kind of think that maybe there was a power struggle in the church that got way out of hand and well, the result was beating the two kids and causing one to die....

Yea I know. It's fun pointing out hypocrisy though.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
All religions are cults. You mention a cult-like church in the title.

Christianity, Islam and Judaism , among most other religions are all death cults in that they seek reward in an afterlife after one becomes dead.

I don't want to wait for things to be better until after I am dead.

I guess I am just not as patient as most.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Read the bible and live by it, even the parts you don't particularly agree with.

You will understand the insanity of it when you find yourself in a courtroom defending your chopping off somebody's hand because they stole an apple off of you tree.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

Sorry EraserHead, didn't see your post here before I wrote just about exactly the same thing.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner

Read the bible and live by it, even the parts you don't particularly agree with.

You will understand the insanity of it when you find yourself in a courtroom defending your chopping off somebody's hand because they stole an apple off of you tree.

I was raised Christian.

I have read the bible with an open mind. It's really a disastrous book.

People tend to believe what they are told the bible says. And pick and choose.

I am atheist.
edit on 11-12-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
An update on this...

not much I'm afraid.
Mom got a plea deal and will serve 5 years in a state prison. Eight other defendants will return in mid-january to either accept or reject a plea deal themselves.

And well, there's a possibility that the church might get shut down, or lose it's tax exempt status...

Also, the Town of New Hartford is pursuing nuisance abatement proceedings against the church, something that ultimately could lead to its closure and imposition of fines. Additionally, the church’s tax-exempt status, something that has been in place since the congregation opened its doors in 1993, is under question after church leaders have failed for years to file the appropriate documents to support that status.

www.uticaod.com...

The rest of that article seems to be talking about a different case, just to avoid confusion.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Thanks Dawnstar.

Was just thinking today time to search for any updates in this case.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

ya, I have a few cases I am following, just to see how they turn out in the courts. Justice just isn't that swift, is it...guess I should be happy it's like that but by the time it finally comes I am afraid most of us might have forgotten about it. If you hear more, let us know?
In case I forget.....I suffer from CRS- Can't Remember S..... you might be aware of it's existance, it's when you get into the age where your memory just isn't what it used to be. ya know, you get up to go do something in another room and then find yourself in another room wonder why you are there?

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
*censored*
edit on 4-1-2016 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Nevermind
edit on 4-1-2016 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join