It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ‘cult’-like church whose members are accused of fatally beating a teen

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
It was reported on CBS earlier today that several more children were found in the building and turned over to CPS. Not sure how many and if they were injured too.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: maybee
It was reported on CBS earlier today that several more children were found in the building and turned over to CPS. Not sure how many and if they were injured too.

Seven children between the ages of 2 and 15 were removed from the church, Inserra said. The church doubled as residence for some members, including Irwin -- one of the people charged with assaulting Christopher Leonard.

www.syracuse.com...

They have pictures of the place posted online...it looks like an old school or something, but it looks huge. But it makes me wonder where a small group of wacky religious nuts managed to come up with the money to obtain that kind of building.

www.syracuse.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
atheism is looking pretty sane right now.....of course that takes critical-thinking skills, logic, and reason, rather than belief in a mythical being....

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: ngchunter

But some of us are dangerous...

And especially so when you become parents.

Your "guns" and "god" don't scare me. I know how to shoot back.

Don't worry, I'll let you take the first shot. I am a very dangerous parent though; you don't dare try to come between a parent and their child unless you want trouble. Unlike the cultists though, I am not dangerous to my child.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ngchunter

I hope not.
I have two children myself - you wanna talk about mama-bears, we can chat sometime.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
more news on this story...
there's a possibility that the great sin that these kids were beaten for was that they wanted to leave the church.

The fatal beating of Lucas Leonard in the sanctuary of Word of Life Christian Church came after the teenager had "expressed a desire to leave" the secretive upstate New York church, New Hartford Police Chief Michael Inserra said Friday.

That wish, according to Inserra, apparently prompted a counseling session on the spiritual state of Lucas and his younger brother. During the sessions, the teens were beaten with a cord and Lucas suffered injuries so severe that emergency room doctors thought he had been shot, Inserra said.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
UPDATE

Church deacon Daniel Irwin testified that he peered through a doorway window in the sanctuary at one point during the more than 12-hour ordeal at the Word of Life Christian Church, and saw Lucas Leonard bleeding and in apparent agony.

"Lucas was rolling himself back and forth on the floor and making a sustained, monotone moaning," Irwin said.

Within hours, the young man would be dead — killed by blows inflicted by his parents, sister and fellow church members, authorities said. His mother told police the group took turns hitting him and holding him down, state police investigator Jason Nellis testified.

www.nbcnews.com...
edit on 16-10-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   
And this is why the brainwashing filth of Judeo-Christianity needs to be brought to an end, by hook or by crook. For the survival and further evolution of the gentile races.

>Don't worry, I'll let you take the first shot. I am a very dangerous parent though; you don't dare try to come between a parent and their child unless you want trouble. Unlike the cultists though, I am not dangerous to my child.

The gummint has far superior guns, your peashooters don't frighten the movers and shakers of the new aeon. Maybe you could try evoking your dead Jew and magic them away, amirite?

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   
"Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity."
—HP Lovecraft in a letter to Robert E. Howard, October 4 1930

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I'm not sure I believe anything coming from one of these church members.

But, this is new.

Someone among them, she said, was practicing witchcraft.

Lucas Leonard, a 19-year-old whose family was immersed in Word of Life’s secretive practices, said that he was the one, that he wanted church elders to die and that he had considered making a voodoo doll of a church leader.

www.nytimes.com...
edit on 17-10-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

wonder why the guy who kept going in and checking on them throughout this time isn't being charged with something also,, plea deal maybe?
doesn't really matter what the reason was, even if it was sexual abuse of the other kids really, which the police are denying, there was enough manpower to beat the kid to death, there was certainly enough there to restrain him till the cops got there and arrested him.
time to shut down this church, seize the property from them, and turn it into a homeless shelter or something.
you've got one church deacon involve in the actual assault, and another one coming into the room periodically checking on it's progress and no one seeing any reason to notify the authorities that there was a major assault happening.
I don't blame the kids for wanting to make voodoo dolls of these sadistic nitwits and stick pins in them.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I questioned that too.

Probably some kind of agreement for his testimony.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

heck, I've been wondering if it was even a real church, or just a bunch of people who joined together under a religious banner for a tax exempt status on a nice huge home and other perks or something . from what I've read, there's something off about this group, even without the beating to death part. you can call it a cult if you want, but I have to wonder about that one even.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
That's religion for you. The minute someone tries to leave, they do everything in their power to stop you.

Religions are so, so afraid that ANYONE might see the truth about the fact that they're complete nonsense that they're willing to do anything to stop the billions of people brainwashed from religion from finding out that in actuality the religion they've been following is complete nonsense.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

heck, I've been wondering if it was even a real church, or just a bunch of people who joined together under a religious banner for a tax exempt status"

Which is exactly what Christianity is. A huge cult based on brainwashing people to collect MONEY. It's been that way from the start.

When people realize religion is all about MONEY rather than some ridiculous sense of morality the whole world will be better off.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies

originally posted by: dawnstar

heck, I've been wondering if it was even a real church, or just a bunch of people who joined together under a religious banner for a tax exempt status"

Which is exactly what Christianity is. A huge cult based on brainwashing people to collect MONEY. It's been that way from the start.

When people realize religion is all about MONEY rather than some ridiculous sense of morality the whole world will be better off.

I'd say religion is about control first.

Both money and control are tools. Both can be used for good or bad.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
here is a nice graphic of who is who in this case, their links with each other, and their leadership roles in the church....

www.uticaod.com...

it just opens up more possibilities in my mind...
could there have been a power struggle between the wright (leonards) clan and the irwins within the church and the kids were the ones that paid the price??

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Christopher Leonard is in court today testifying.

He says he and his brother were asked questions they refused to answer.

At this time - - I have not found what those questions were.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
They wanted to leave church, according to some reports...

www.waff.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuperFrog
They wanted to leave church, according to some reports...

www.waff.com...

I'm aware of the many reports.

It is fact I am waiting for.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join