It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dutch teacher strips off in front of students — to teach them all about the human body

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   

That’s one way to guarantee your student’s attention.

A teacher in the Netherlands stripped off in front of her class – in order to teach them all about anatomy.

Debby Heerkens, a science teacher at Groene Hart Rijnwoude School, has gone viral after her eye-catching teaching methods were uploaded by a pupil in her biology class.

Heerkens stunned her seventh grade students when she stepped onto a table during her biology class and began taking off her shirt and pants.

But underneath her clothes, she was wearing a skintight suit that had a detailed view of the human body’s muscular system.

Heerkens was wearing multiple layers of similar suits, showing off the skeletal structure and also the internal organs.

Source: www.nydailynews.com...

What a great idea to get attention of students and to teach them about human body.

What do you think, would you mind your kids or yourself being presented with information in that class??

edit on 14-10-2015 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-10-2015 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog

Is she hot?

Someone was gonna say it, might as well be me.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Great idea.

She didn't really 'strip off' though did she...more like removed some layers of clothing, rather than all of her clothes.

I mean, if that is stripping off, every kid in that class does it when they take off their coats.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Where is the Champagne Room? Playa gonna make it rain.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   
First, what she did barely qualifies as "strips off." She's never nude. How is it any different than if she'd had four t-shirts on and taken the top three off one by one?

How is it any different than showing them the exact same thing on a picture?

The molehill has become the mountain.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I think it's a great idea. It will certainly stick in the students brains, way more so than a picture in a biology book or a boring video.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Lighten up Frances.

It's a comedy title. It get's your attention. I applaud teachers who think outside the box to get kids to actually care about learning. going to page 45 in your textbook and reading is so, 1985.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Of course it is attention grabbing title, just the same as her idea of presenting is attention grabbing, with hope to create memory about given lecture...

But seems no one reflected would they allow their kids in similar class...

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I think she got the idea from Melanie Griffith's scene in Milk Money:

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Hmmm, I don't know how to really take this. I totally can relate trying to find innovative ways to grab the attention of your students, but most high school students in the U.S. are not mature enough to take this type of presentation seriously without interjecting it with sexual comments about the teacher's body. It would be more of a disruption rather than a serious approach to understanding the bodies anatomy. As a retired high school teacher, you have to constantly weigh the pro's and cons on what you say and how you present your material. With todays digital technology, I'm sure there are many outstanding animated videos showing the various parts of the anatomy and how they function.

I have to ask, would this teacher do this type of presentation if she was over weight? Some high school parents may frown on this type of presentation. I can see this being done at the college level, but not in a high school setting. I surely wouldn't take the chance.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Thank you for great reply.

I completely agree, this kind of presentation would get the same kind of comments it got here on ATS with bit 'mature' audience (I hope). All jokes aside, I applaud her for doing it, as it takes a lot of courage to show/present on your body.

And I am not sure if she would do the same if she was overweight.

I have 10 year old in environmental school where they spend 90% time outside of classroom - one of greatest experience. They have artists who would teach them in different arts, but this video made me wonder what parents reaction would be if something like this happen. I know I would not object... but I am sure that conservative parents would be very upset.

edit on 14-10-2015 by SuperFrog because: fixed

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Brilliant way to inspire the kids to learn. I'm sure the kids won't forget the facts learnt here compared to staring at a book all day.

Maybe teaching the younger kids like this is fine but once it gets to the older ones one should think again. Either the teacher will be humiliated by the kids or if he or she is a tractive will be called a pervert.

I can think of a few teachers who I wouldn't mind stripping to teach me more about biology. Would have made school more fun. Poor teenage imagination would run wild.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
It's the first time I've seen a camels toe included as part of the human body.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Good for the teacher! The human body, nude or clothed, is a heck of a lot more natural and positive than the violence we see in media.

Reminds me of a character from the 80's, Slim Goodbody. He made various t.v. appearances and even had his own television programs. His programs were children-oriented, and I don't recall there being any fuss or controversy over his outfit or methods.

(Click Link for image. Having difficulties uploading photo)
media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com...

Slim Goodbody

edit on 10/14/15 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Teacher of the Year (or decade). Every biology class which covers humans should do this, and people can probably make some extra money with a "body suit" and travel from classroom to classroom.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Great idea!!

However, I think I should be present when she teaches the sex-ed course in order to supervise.

Although, I'm not so sure It would have had the desired effect with the anatomy teacher I had, so it should be used with caution.

Also I wonder what the boys grades will become at the end of the year as they day dream through the remainder of the semester.

edit on 121031America/ChicagoWed, 14 Oct 2015 08:12:51 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Don't want to stop the party but if instead of a camels toe what if it was a penis. Would it receive the same applause. I personally think it is excellent and should include a male breakdown.
We have to break taboos wherever we can and seeing the human body for what it is is a move in the right direction.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: chewi

...what if it was a penis. Would it receive the same applause.

Not from me!!!!! Those things are gross.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

I went to an all boys boarding school so had some hot blondie teacher done that I would have wound up with bi-lateral carpal tunnel syndrome before the end of the semester.

I clearly got duped in school, I remember nothing from my biology class, except having to put my hand in the fish tank until it went cold - then I got the cane...for being a class clown smart-ass.

No hot blond stripper teachers for poor sublime - none.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
No hot blond stripper teachers for poor sublime - none.

If you ever make it to New York City I will take you to Scores and we can make up for it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join