It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a little something I captured this morning

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Good Morning,
Quick back story here. Cat woke me up at crack of dawn, so I know the time was 5am this morning, not to mention that's what the phone said when I opened it to take the pictures. Im in Okeechobee Fla on the north end so this is the where.

I had gone out to have a smoke and I was very intrigued by the heavy fog. Seemed very Halloween like. Was also pretty cool because as heavy as it was, you could still see over the layer of it and see lots of stars as well.

Now as to the why I took the picture, I had turned around to face the house and I noticed that the one street light that just happens to be in our yard was reflecting through the fog in a very ray like way. For example how you will see the sun rays through the clouds when it is setting.

I decided to get my camera just to take a couple of shots of it even though I was pretty sure it really wouldn't capture what I was actually seeing. I ended up taking about 6 pictures.

It is the 6th picture that we have here. The only reason I really took it was because I noticed that it appeared I was capturing a star in the background so I went ahead and snapped it. I thought it was odd though because looking with the naked eye the star I was seeing in the view finder I couldnt see with the naked eye. In fact, as much as I have tried to take pictures of the stars here because they are so beautiful, I have only managed to actually capture venus rising in the early morning when it was extremely bright.

So imagine my surprise when I came in to look at the pictures and the last one I took not only had what I thought was the one star, but apparently two more as well. Just to add here, I was using a IPhone 5c. Not the best for taking pictures imho.

I realize this isn't really a big deal for ATS, but I thought I would bring it here anyway for you to take a look at. Obviously they are in the upper left corner.

Thus my day begins with this little adventure of oddity! Hope you don't mind Ive shared it with you.

eta: That's weird. the picture was on here when I posted it. Even tried uploading it again and it wont take now. Ill keep trying to get it back

edit on 10/14/15 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/14/15 by onehuman because: picture disappeared

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Awesome!

What makes it interesting is that these 2 "Stars" are easily viewable through the fog you described.

If it is okay with you, can I save the photo and have a play with Photoshop to see if I pick something up?
I will then of course post back here.

P.S 5 am smoking cannot be good for you! At least wait until 5:30!

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: brace22

By all means. I just hope you did it before they disappeared. I cant seem to bring it back up. Glad someone saw it before this happened or folks would think I was a bit nutty and smoking something else before 5:30.

Eta, weird I can see it on my iPad but not PC. Anyhow, you'll see there are actually 3 stars or points of light if you zoom in. Love too see what you come up with. Have me curious now.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

I am currently looking at the image in Photoshop

I am getting a little interested.... But right now, I have a feeling it could be a plane. I have seen a RED light and a WHITE light.

And a smaller light that... and get ready to groan.. forms a triangle shape made up of all 3.

However, as usual, I am open-minded. I will get these up in a min

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   

If that happens to be a black triangle , it is a big deal for ATS onehuman.

Nice shot there !

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: brace22

I am currently looking at the image in Photoshop

I am getting a little interested.... But right now, I have a feeling it could be a plane. I have seen a RED light and a WHITE light.

And a smaller light that... and get ready to groan.. forms a triangle shape made up of all 3.

However, as usual, I am open-minded. I will get these up in a min

I will be the first to admit there does seem to be a highway of flight paths over this house so I am used too seeing them. However, when I was looking from view finder to sky to try and figure out why I was seeing it on the finder but not with the naked eye, there wasn't any plane at the time. If there had been I wouldn't of even bothered sharing this with you folks this morning. Lol I've been around here too long to make that mistake, much less waste peoples time.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Okay so here are the pics I run through photoshop.

What I am looking for are several things:

1) a clear change in the BLACKS between the lights

2) any shape to the lights

3) Any reflections or pieces of dust on the phone lense that are consistent with the lights that in other areas of the image.

I have done several things to the image. I inverted the colour. I brightened and took away shadows and highlights. I have tried to sharpen and de-noise the image, as well as highlight the "Triangle"

** PLEASE NOTE I HIGHLIGHTED A TRIANGLE TO SHOW DISTANCE BETWEEN THE LIGHTS. I AM NOT IMPLYING THIS IS A FLYING TRAINGLE. SIMPLY THE SHAPE THESE LIGHTS APPEAR TO MAKE. FOR ALL I KNOW THIS IS A PLANE, WHICH I ASSUME MOST OF YOU WILL SAY IT IS**

I can definitely see one light is red. The others white/yellow.

QUOTE FROM THE OP TO HELP ANALYSIS:

"I will be the first to admit there does seem to be a highway of flight paths over this house so I am used too seeing them. However, when I was looking from view finder to sky to try and figure out why I was seeing it on the finder but not with the naked eye, there wasn't any plane at the time. If there had been I wouldn't of even bothered sharing this with you folks this morning. Lol I've been around here too long to make that mistake, much less waste peoples time"
edit on 14-10-2015 by brace22 because: ADD TEXT

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: bluemooone2
Thank you bluemoooone. I'd be tickled a lot of colors if I did actually capture something like that elusive craft!

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Hmmm from what you have done, we at least know there is something there. What distance would you estimate that to be from me? When it is more light out I'll take another picture to have something to compare too.

I do know I would have noticed if it was a plane because I would have seen that without looking through the view finder since I was looking for a explanation to begin with. Haven't the triangles been reported with a red light anyway in the past?

Lol you still playing with the picture?

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   

I am terrible at guessing distance!! Somebody with decent knowledge on that would be able to chime in there.

Well we can count out a plane then, as you know you would of seen it with the naked eye. The interesting thing is that if it was something in the camera, it would be noticeable to me.

However in the 4th pic of the ones I put up, the light seems to be shining through the fog almost, much like the street light. So IMO, we can count out something on the phone lens.

I am indeed, but I am struggling to reveal anything more than I already have. The issue is that because it is so dark, most of the image data is just noisy black

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   
After playing around some more with the image.

My opinion is this...

The 3 lights are PROBABLY NOT connected on the same object. After doing stupid amounts of channel mixing and filtering, the colours, textures and balances between the lights stay the same as the rest of the black sky. There was nothing I could see that showed separation between sky and object between the lights.

So no, it is not a flying triangle. But it's not a plane either.

HOWEVER, this could be because of how dark the image is, thus blending any possible blacks on the "craft" to the blacks of the sky. Making it near enough impossible for there to be any evidence it is one WHOLE craft in this image. Which in the grand scheme of things, is pretty important if you are building something secret

Of course, if we had a DSLR and the image was shot professionally, there would be a much easier way to determine this. But I have to work with what I have

The lights themselves, are indeed lights in the sky. Not something on the phone lens. There is no apparent evidence or image data that correlates with this. Also, the colour difference is not close enough to attract similarities. We can also see, that the larger light, appears to be shining through the fog the OP described originally.

Now, being the "On the fence" guy that I am. We could argue, that because the OP didn't see these lights with the naked eye, it could be something more internal within the camera that I do not know about. However I would be inclined to say that is very naïve to think, considering what I said before regarding the fog. IMO anyways.

I think a FRIENDLY, wider debate is needed.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   
lol Who knew my little innocent trip outside would turn into this on this fine morning! I have to be honest and say I am thrilled with your interest.

I just went outside to take a couple more pictures, Im sure the timestamp will attest to the fact I just took them. The first is venus so that you can see Ii don't even get much with it and dawn is just breaking more or less and it is very bright.

The second one, believe it or not I took from the same spot that got us into this little adventure and what timing, a plane was actually flying over now. I took three quick ones because it was the fact that I could hear it and I wanted to capture it for comparison. I cant see it though to save my lfie. Maybe you can see it in your program. I am aiming directly at it this much I do know.
One more thought on the earlier picture and I may be wrong, but I think there is a ban for flying over this area until after 6am. I took the first picture at 5. (shrug).

eta: I meant I cant see it in the photo, I could clearly see it to take a photo!

edit on 10/14/15 by onehuman because: clearing up a small point

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   

IMO there is a difference between the planet and lights in the original photo. However we must account for the orbit of the planets respectively.

I cannot see a plane either. So whatever was causing the original light/s was clearly much brighter than usual.

Purely to keep this in reality, are there any military air fields near you?

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Now, being the "On the fence" guy that I am. We could argue, that because the OP didn't see these lights with the naked eye, it could be something more internal within the camera that I do not know about

Just to add, that some cameras nowadays have an IR component to them, making dim objects appear that we can't see with the naked eye.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Great find OP,
But also a great big thanks to Brace22 for the great photo analysis !

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Here is a link to show you what's around me as far as bases go. I am located right under the "I and D" in "Florida on the map. Like I said, north side of lake okeechobee, lol the big round one!

So in my immediate vicinity, the answer would be no. Whatever this was though, I can say it flew from south to north.

Link for Florida Air bases

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Any time
I love doing this sort of thing so whenever one comes up from now on, if I am online I will try and check it out

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

I really hope some more people can get involved later today and dig deeper into this.

Hard to say whether military activity can be counted out. For all we know it could have been an experimental craft/s! But I am not knowledgeable enough to clarify this.

I get the feeling though that you are not convinced it is a military craft? That's not to say I think it is...

I have realised, I have not asked you... What do you think it is?

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Hmmm, this feels like I could have 9 yards of thought here, but I'll try and keep it to a couple feet.

So, point 1. After taking the first 5 pictures, I was surprised to catch such a bright "star" flash by in the view finder to prompt me to take one more picture. While in the view finder it seemed closer (?) when looking with naked eye, the real Stars were much higher if that makes sense. So it wasn't making sense to my common sense as to why I was seeing it with the naked eye.

Point 2. I clearly heard the plane and saw it the second time I went out, yet being the normal height I usually see them fly, I could not capture it at all in three tries that I can see anyway. I could send you the other two I took just to see if you can see it in either of those.

Point 3. Even though I was really surprised to see the third light on the photo, we all know three points of light will make a triangle at some point. If it were to be a craft like that and the way the lights appeared to me in the view finder, it seems it should have been flying at a lower altitude. If that's the case, it doesn't seem very big for that and even you mentioned that you can't seem to tie them together. Whatever it was or is had to be closer than the known plane I took a photo of later which we can't see at all at altitude.

Point 4. This leads my thoughts to single craft, and you know where that's going to take us if that's the case...

I do know oddly enough because I had just happened to stumble over it about a week ago, that there was a case reported to mufon from this area on the 6th I believe. Said there was a photo, but I never saw it. Also west of me around the same time there were reports of orbs, yada yada.

Lol so much for keeping it simple. I do agree though, I hope more folks take a peek at this and keep it friendly as you said. Meanwhile I'll await the ever coming bug conclusion!

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Given that the "stars" are bright enough to show on the image, and that the time is known. A downloaded star chart set to the date and time should easily provide you the bright stars in that portion of the sky at that time. You can download a compass onto your phone for free if you don't have one already. Or, simply look at the stars during a clear night near that same time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join