It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gary Mckinnon's account of NASA images

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

Actually, I have seen a picture here of Jim Oberg and now that I think of it the guy on the left does look like him.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Haha! Thought I'd play and see how I do!

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

originally posted by: Cosmic911

Hi Jim!

[Donna's highest possible clearance]

I'm just curious about this. Is there a reason her clearance was SECRET? Was there no reason for her to have clearance above this level? Thanks in advance for the reply!

'SECRET' clearance was standard for NASA employees, although few of them ever handled SECRET level documents. 'TOP SECRET' was exceeding rare, usually involving briefings on foreign space technology to top managers in a special bunker -- very few facilities were even cleared to curate TS material, bldg. 8 never was.

Thanks for the prompt response, Mr. Oberg! Is it standard for civilian contractors working with the government to have similar clearance levels? Are they 'compropable' and held to same standard as government/military clearances? Share the same legal and/or criminal implications? Obviously, NASA is a unique organization, given it's close relationship with the government and military. The implications of NASA's work is tantamount to utmost importance in so many regards and deserves all the safeties necessary to protect the integrity of its projects and personnel. (side note: I'd love to PM you to ask you if you know one of my friends who has worked at NASA for the past 20 years.)

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I have always wondered what did he actually see as they sure was gunning for him that is for sure maybe he has got the evidence hidden away incase they ever did manage to get him brought over to America

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: theruthlessone
I have always wondered what did he actually see as they sure was gunning for him that is for sure maybe he has got the evidence hidden away incase they ever did manage to get him brought over to America

I've never been able to decode the 'kabuki theatre' of espionage prosecutions, it's equally possible the decision was made to feign sensitivity over a 'honey trap' site as distraction from more important ones. If you trick hackers and foreign spies into looking for 'UFO secrets' you may relieve pressure on genuine secrets.

My thinking on McKinnon's stories is straightforward. He claims his exploits confirmed the story of Donna Hare. Since Hare's story, from internal evidence alone, is totally delusional, McKinnon's story collapses into fantasy on top of it.

Here's why I say that about Hare -- www.jamesoberg.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

I've never been able to decode the 'kabuki theatre' of espionage prosecutions, it's equally possible the decision was made to feign sensitivity over a 'honey trap' site as distraction from more important ones. If you trick hackers and foreign spies into looking for 'UFO secrets' you may relieve pressure on genuine secrets.

In addition to being distractions and/or hurdles to potential aggressors- Honeypots (and other less passive things) are sometimes used to compromise the potential attackers hidden identity.

I would bet there aren't many people hacking NASA from outside the States who are:

A: Identifiable
and
B: Originating from a country that has agreed legal process in place for such situations.

The below is an actual scene from the dept. responsible for pursuing foreign active agressors as it happened:

edit on 4-1-2016 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd
Based on my experience handling TS/SCI, I find this story very far-fetched and that was in an environment where everyone had a Secret clearance at a minimum. It is so tedious I couldn't even fathom the restrictions to handling info with these types of implications. Oh and I completely agree with Bedlam said, he kinda nailed that one on the head.

Maybe he found it all Hillarys email account

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

SOrry to be a little Off topic, but I have a question Jim. I always have wondered if Donna might have actually believed what she says. I have pondered if maybe a tech in the lab was having a little fun about his duties there and if maybe, she fell for his being silly as truth. Your thoughts on this? Or anyone else's for that matter. Thanks. On topic, I find that Gary's story the original one, was indeed embellished on, as it got more serious over time - his extradition.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: vance

SOrry to be a little Off topic, but I have a question Jim. I always have wondered if Donna might have actually believed what she says. I have pondered if maybe a tech in the lab was having a little fun about his duties there and if maybe, she fell for his being silly as truth. Your thoughts on this? Or anyone else's for that matter. Thanks. On topic, I find that Gary's story the original one, was indeed embellished on, as it got more serious over time - his extradition.

I think that's entirely plausible. When I found out she was already publishing a UFO contactee newsletter and telling its annual convention about her own UFOnaut encounter, it's a short jump to assuming her co-workers also knew about her enthusiasms. Also, young single security guards may have figured out how to attract her friendly interest, too. All suppositon, with no need to suggest deliberate fraud on her part.

In recent years, however, we DO have documented 'improvements' to her stories every time she retells it, like suddenly 'remembering' she saw moon pictures being altered, as well -- not in her original testimony, I recall [correct me if wrong, please]. Again, a familiar dynamic of oral tradition.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
As much as I admire the guys seemingly level headed intellect and knowledge of networking and security systems, I do have to believe this is some kind of Honeytrap. I should imagine one would get carried away with such a find, and that excitement would outweigh the fact that US & UK Mil and Govts have been working together since year dot, and would share and roll out 'Best Practices' re systems and procedures.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   
You have to ask yourself who McKinnon is really working for. He's a nasty piece of work. Definitely COINTEL.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

You'll get a star because you're a trippy guy, and I like that.

I respect your skepticism, but there's something called "free will" and aliens can't interfere on our government because of that.

It's a two-way agreement.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join