It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MH17 Report Released

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Relatives of some of the 298 people who died on Malaysian Airlines flight MH17 over Ukraine in 2014 have been briefed on a report by the Dutch Safety Board.

The report finds the plane was hit by a Russian-made Buk missile, relatives told the BBC.
Victims would have lost consciousness almost immediately, they report.

The West and Ukraine say Russian-backed rebels brought down the Boeing 777. But Russia claims a missile was fired from Ukrainian-controlled territory.

The report will not apportion blame.

Source

While the report will not be released to the public for another few hours relatives of the victims have been briefed on the contents of the report. Unsurprisingly the investigators concluded what has been suspected for a long time. MH17 was brought down by a Russian made BUK. This officially puts to rest claims of AAM and cannon fire.

Of course Russia is already on the move to counter insinuations that they are responsible. Even going so far as to once again claim that the type of missile used is no longer in their arsenal. Despite many photos online showing that just isn't true.

Now this report does not sign blame. That will come in a few months time when the criminal investigation comes to an end.

I will try to update this as the report becomes publicly available.

ETA: Thanks to snewpers for posting a link to the report in English. Please throw some stars his way.

MH17 Crash Report
edit on 10/13/2015 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

But the report has not been released yet.

Watching the live presentation, I already identified some problems with it. The discussion is far from over.

edit on 13-10-2015 by RogueWave because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: RogueWave

It's been released to victims' families and reporters are currently being briefed on the findings. It has been released. It just isn't available to the general public yet.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   

At the time of your posting it had not been released. It was released to the families and reporters, after the briefing ended, a few minutes ago.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Saw it on arte(germanfrench TV) and the company producing buks is holding a press conference stating it can't have been fired from pro-russian seperatists held areas, before officials had risen a finger to point anywhere near that.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
awaiting update

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   
cdn.onderzoeksraad.nl...

Clicked the 'post' button a tad too soon, for got to enter
a message, but that's the report, in English.
edit on 13-10-2015 by snewpers because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
some people really push the limit of picking and choosing when a government is dumb or smart when it fits their agenda. If Russia was likely to take down a passenger liner for some reason & piss off the world, I doubt it'd be for no reason. Honestly this seems exactly something an intelligence agency would do to frame a country. Isn't that much obvious yet? Especially since you said it's an older, more easily obtained by other governments, russian missile that "did the deed". I lol irl. What will they think of next. Probably nothing, because the same trick will always work. ALWAYS. Nobody will ever question if a government would "frame" another, especially if America is the framer. It's obnoxious. US gov is completely been able to and has made plenty of plans to do stuff like this & has funded & continues to plan and fund stuff like this I bet. Most of that is public record, except for the part about funds for future. We'll never know FOR SURE. But why is that what you need to believe that it wasn't russia? They'd have no reason to do that, unless they did. In which case, it probably was important. They are really getting ganged up on lately. This thread pisses me off.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I just heard this on the news and it was hilarious. It takes them a year and some to finally get this information? When the crash site was swarmed right off the bat.....

USA is losing face in our capabilities to fight ISIS, and now they're lashing out after Russia steps in to make us look like fools. This move was so easily predictable I don't understand how anyone could take it seriously.

The timing gives it all away.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Arrestme

Maybe because you obviously don't get it?
The question is Ukraine, or pro russian seperatists, not USA or russia.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Or you know, it was an accident. Give a bunch of rebels a SAM launcher with minimal training and no ability to identify what they're aiming at and something like this is bound to happen.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Yah, go figure. The 'official' report confirms what the western main stream media has been 'officially' reporting since day one…

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Flesh699

It's been known for months that the report would most likely be released in October. Also the US was not involved in the investigation.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Or you know, it was an accident. Give a bunch of rebels a SAM launcher with minimal training and no ability to identify what they're aiming at and something like this is bound to happen.

The report said it was accidental?

A missile hits what its aimed at.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

And if the people firing the missile cannot tell the difference between a Ukrainian military transport or a commercial airliner an accident can easily occur.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Also the US was not involved in the investigation.

As if ....When Washington decided to impose sanctions on Russia the word went out to their EU pasties to fall in line . I looked through the PDF but couldn't find any US supplied satellite information . Them not being involved is a bit suspect ,wouldn't you think ?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Especially when they are ordered to drop in elevation ....I didn't notice that part in the report yet . I am sure it's all there somewhere .

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Why would you expect to see US satellite images in this report. This was an investigation to determine how the plane was downed. That can be done looking at the physical evidence. Satellite imagery would be more important in determining who downed the plane. That report is still a few months away from being released.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

MH17 was never ordered to drop in altitude. In fact it was ordered to increase altitude upon entering Ukrainian air space.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join