It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School district bans Halloween to accommodate ‘cultural beliefs’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Not from the South are you.

Check out the links I provided above.

Or ... is Pat Robertson not Christian?

Followup: Any reason you're disagreeing with me out of hand? I did post links proving my point, and its easy to find thousands more ... just type in "Christians against Halloween."

Gosh, I feel like you guys don't love your loyal Opposition anymore ... *sniff*
edit on 16Mon, 12 Oct 2015 16:48:48 -050015p0420151066 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: grandmakdw

So Halloween is out because everyone more or less blames everyone else for it?

I laugh, but it is pretty sad.

That is what it looks like to me.

I agree it is really sad what inclusiveness
and setting the standard for all activities
so that absolutely no one can even potentially
have hurt feelings or feel left out. Political correctness
at it's finest.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Check out the last article I linked ... it pretty much agrees.

Probably a combination of rabid Christians, rabid liberals, ... in short, rabid control freaks of whatever stripe.

But don't mind me, you know ... I just make stuff up because I hate Christianity, LOL

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
This is only fair. If we want religion out of schools on the grounds of the Constitution, and anything that can be tied to religion, the separation has be spread out equally.

This is what happens when everyone gets offended about every little stupid thing.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Because those in power get a kick out of it I guess. It's a form of mental masturbation for them in my opinion.

Just my opinion but there is an occult kind of vibe to all these popular traditions/rituals we perform every year. All of these traditions have pagan roots.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Here ... here's a list of 793,000 links for "Christians against Halloween"

Google Search "Christians, etc."

Here's a link to thousands of images stating that Halloween is "The Devil's Holiday" and calling it "Helloween"

Christian Anti-Halloween Images

Of course, this is only factual ... anyone who favors belief over facts will probably ignore it.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Didnt you know, in the modern world everyone should be treated equal or their is no such thing as losing or no such thing as someone is more qualified then this other person..

Everyone must feel equal..

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Because those in power get a kick out of it I guess. It's a form of mental masturbation for them in my opinion.

Just my opinion but there is an occult kind of vibe to all these popular traditions/rituals we perform every year. All of these traditions have pagan roots.

I'd love to hear more, but I'm sure it's off topic.

Thanks for your answer though!

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
This is only fair. If we want religion out of schools on the grounds of the Constitution, and anything that can be tied to religion, the separation has be spread out equally.

This is what happens when everyone gets offended about every little stupid thing.

But Wiccans and other Celtic-based groups don't worship "Halloween" ... they worship on Samhain ... a different animal.

Halloween is distinctly American. Just leave out anything about the Goddess and we'll be fine.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
For those of you who don't think Halloween has a Christian origin.

en.wikipedia.org...

"Halloween or Hallowe'en (/ˌhæləˈwiːn, -oʊˈiːn, ˌhɑːl-/; a contraction of "All Hallows' Evening"),[6] also known as Allhalloween,[7] All Hallows' Eve,[8] or All Saints' Eve,[9] is a yearly celebration observed in a number of countries on 31 October, the eve of the Western Christian feast of All Hallows' Day. It initiates the three-day observance of Allhallowtide,[10] the time in the liturgical year dedicated to remembering the dead, including saints (hallows), martyrs, and all the faithful departed believers.[11][12] Within Allhallowtide, the traditional focus of All Hallows' Eve revolves around the theme of using "humor and ridicule to confront the power of death."[13]

According to many scholars, All Hallows' Eve is a Christianized feast initially influenced by Celtic harvest festivals,[2][14] with possible pagan roots, particularly the Gaelic Samhain."

Just an FYI

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Your quote says that Halloween has pagan roots. So no it doesn't have a Christian origin but a pagan one.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

"Most" Christians are not against Halloween. "Some" Christians are.
It's all about costumes and candy.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Trunk or treat IS trick-or-treat. What part of that did you not look up? And if Christians only do it to protect kids from demons, why are they doing it at all?

It isn't the day itself they are leary of, but some of the stronger themes. I can understand why a Christian parent might not want their kids marching up to knock at the door of someone with a Baphomet yard display or a graphic zombie display or some of the others I've seen.

Yes, this let church groups control the thing the kids were exposed to, but they still got costumes and candy and to say trick or treat! Different groups can call it Halloween or not as they choose. And other community groups have picked up the idea because it does keep kids out of traffic, away from potential predators and displays like this one.

Honestly, only here would people automatically assume that something is all the fault of Christians all the time.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Also, feel free to talk about the religious origins of all holidays
and why they should be banned because they are might make
someone somewhere in the US feel left out or excluded.

Pagan religious holidays, Christian religious holidays, whatever.
That is definitely on topic in this thread.

As the OP, I see the topic as the absolute insanity
of political correctness
destroying American culture by
banning entrenched cultural events and holidays
because someone may potentially feel excluded.
In the name of inclusion, banning American culture
in the US.

So Gryph, have fun.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Being a big fan of candy, parties and anything horror-themed, Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. I lived for 15 years in a town that has an annual night parade for Halloween and we used to go all out decorating and hosting parties.

Yep, we must be inclusive and fair to all,
all religious holidays must be banned from
all public arenas.

That is the modern politically correct way!

That said, who exactly are you blaming?

Well, I suppose we should have seen this coming.
After all Halloween has several religious basis.
1. Christian (All Saints Day) - must be banned for that connection for sure
2. Pagan religious holiday
(Yes, there are modern Pagans who are still active)

Satanists and Wiccans for the most part have declared
Halloween a Christian and Pagan based religious
holiday.

Oh, so this is an attack on Christianity (mostly) in your estimatation? Growing up in the bible belt, I had several friends who weren't allowed to trick 'r treat or wear costumes to school because their fundamentalist parents belonged to churches and denominations who were opposed to the holiday and its observation. In fact, why don't you do yourself a favor and Google "Halloween ban" and look back at where most of the pressure to ban the holiday from schools has come from, going back YEARS. It's been a movement primarily led by Christians though you'll find Muslims who oppose its celebration and even Wiccans (who ARE pagans FYI) who felt that the schools were somehow mocking them.

In either case, attempting to frame this as an attack on a "Christian holiday" (Christianized Celtic holiday actually) al a Fox's "War on Christmas" nonsense is a misguided effort that requires a complete ignorance of the history of such efforts.
edit on 2015-10-12 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

LOL ...

While you're Googling, check out "Samhain."

Check out "Saturnalia."

Heck, even check out "Christian Feast Days Replace Pagan Festivals" if you'd like a wider view.

There was actual history before the Christian church, you may be surprised to discover.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

"Most" Christians are not against Halloween. "Some" Christians are.
It's all about costumes and candy.

Any sources? Have you taken polls?

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Your quote says that Halloween has pagan roots. So no it doesn't have a Christian origin but a pagan one.

The roots are tied to both, please re-read the quote,
the first part clearly states that in the past when
it began, the costumes etc. were a kick off to the
All Saints Day
it was called all Hallows Eve
and then Pagan rituals and ideas were incorporated,
as often happened in Europe where All Hallows Eve
originated.
However, it was in the US that it really took off
and became a major rather than an extremely
minor celebration.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

You say pagan and Christian holidays as if they're separate things. Christianity took over the pagan holidays and called them their own. Christianity has its roots in paganism all across the board, it was instituted by a "formerly" pagan empire after all, so it's no surprise really.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

LOL ...

While you're Googling, check out "Samhain."

Check out "Saturnalia."

Heck, even check out "Christian Feast Days Replace Pagan Festivals" if you'd like a wider view.

There was actual history before the Christian church, you may be surprised to discover.

No surprise at all,
Halloween originated
as a combination of Pagan and Christian
festivals.

That was quite normal and usual in
old Europe where the holiday started.

Don't forget Pagan is a religion,
there are many Pagan religious groups in Europe
as a matter of fact there is a huge revival in the
religion of Paganism in Europe
right now and it
is spreading to the US.
Paganism worships many Gods and Goddesses.
So if a holiday has Pagan roots, that means
religious roots.
www.paganfederation.org...

And all religion must be stamped out for the
world to be a better place, isn't that what
many say?

edit on 5Mon, 12 Oct 2015 17:08:54 -0500pm101210pmk121 by grandmakdw because: addition

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join