It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School district bans Halloween to accommodate ‘cultural beliefs’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

A Connecticut school district is banning Halloween in an effort to be inclusive.
Victoria Johannsen, a mother of a third-grader at Live Oaks School in Milford Public Schools, says she received a letter stating the school’s decision to no longer recognize Halloween “arose out of numerous incidents of children being excluded from activities due to religion, cultural beliefs, etc.,” the Connecticut Post reports.
The school is discontinuing a popular costume parade, banning students and staff from wearing costumes on the day and is rebranding Oct. 31st to be “fall themed.”
And if that’s not bad enough, Michelle Obama’s school lunch rules are impacting the lack of fun: “food is not an option” for classroom activities, according to the school’s letter."

Washington Post

Well, I suppose we should have seen this coming.
After all Halloween has several religious basis.
1. Christian (All Saints Day) - must be banned for that connection for sure
2. Pagan religious holiday
(Yes, there are modern Pagans who are still active)

Satanists and Wiccans for the most part have declared
Halloween a Christian and Pagan based religious
holiday.

Yep, we must be inclusive and fair to all,
all religious holidays must be banned from
all public arenas.

That is the modern politically correct way!

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Mon Oct 19 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: ex tags added, SOURCE NEEDED

edit on Mon Oct 19 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: source added, thanks to OP

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I'm glad NOT to be living in a state with some DOORMAT mentallity that pulls down traditional holidays.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

So Halloween is out because everyone more or less blames everyone else for it?

I laugh, but it is pretty sad.

+25 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

This country is going Full Retard

+25 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Come to America, don't become America, make America into the place you left, because, it wasn't good enough.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Halloween has been referred to as "Fall Festival" in my school district for at least a decade.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

That's about the dumbest thing I've heard of. But I suppose that schools should (if they want to be PC) operate 5 days a week, 52 weeks a year with no holidays. Just give children vacation days like regular adults. Use them at their own discretion. No holidays, no time off. Why do they even need to take summer off? Wasn't that so kids could work on the farms?

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Halloween has been referred to as "Fall Festival" in my school district for at least a decade.

And that's all well and good, but I think the sad part is that we have to white wash and take the cultural distinctiveness out of special days because someone doesn't like the day as it was for one reason or another. In the end, you are left with a generic, one-size-fits-all day that no one really has any attachment to. And at what point is the culture eroded because people lose the little things that cohere us as a people because we don't celebrate these little things?

Halloween is a day to dress up, carve a pumpkin, celebrate all things spooky and get candy! You are not forced to participate, and if you don't, simply don't. Don't demand that everyone around you also not celebrate just so you don't feel like you stick out or something. Just understand you don't do something most others do. Sometimes, you will be different in like and not a sheep.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
All Saints Day (or All Hallow's Day) is November 1.

Hallow's Evening (Hallow'een) is the Night of October 31.

Samhain was supposedly a Celtic holiday held about the same time.

I've never heard anyone call Hallow'een a Christian holiday.

These holidays were common in agricultural communities celebrating the completion of the harvest.

That said, I would guess that there were just as many complaints from Christians as anyone.

Halloween being Satanic and all.

Here's an article from a nearby paper: Milford Schools Ban Halloween

They don't go into any detail, either.

I know in Georgia, many churches sponsor the "trunk or treat" whatever that is to keep their kids from worshipping demons.

Wouldn't surprise me that was the basis of this decision.
edit on 16Mon, 12 Oct 2015 16:24:49 -050015p0420151066 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

That's about the dumbest thing I've heard of. But I suppose that schools should (if they want to be PC) operate 5 days a week, 52 weeks a year with no holidays. Just give children vacation days like regular adults. Use them at their own discretion. No holidays, no time off. Why do they even need to take summer off? Wasn't that so kids could work on the farms?

They can't use holiday days at their discretion. What if they have a test scheduled that day? And what if their culturally insensitive teacher scheduled that test on their very important holiday?

So, no holiday days. Besides, our kids are too stupid as it is. They need full 24/7 indoctrination.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
"MILFORD, Conn. – A Connecticut school district is banning Halloween in an effort to be inclusive.
Victoria Johannsen, a mother of a third-grader at Live Oaks School in Milford Public Schools, says she received a letter stating the school’s decision to no longer recognize Halloween “arose out of numerous incidents of children being excluded from activities due to religion, cultural beliefs, etc.,” the Connecticut Post reports.
The school is discontinuing a popular costume parade, banning students and staff from wearing costumes on the day and is rebranding Oct. 31st to be “fall themed.”
And if that’s not bad enough, Michelle Obama’s school lunch rules are impacting the lack of fun: “food is not an option” for classroom activities, according to the school’s letter."

Well, I suppose we should have seen this coming.
After all Halloween has several religious basis.
1. Christian (All Saints Day) - must be banned for that connection for sure
2. Pagan religious holiday
(Yes, there are modern Pagans who are still active)

Satanists and Wiccans for the most part have declared
Halloween a Christian and Pagan based religious
holiday.

Yep, we must be inclusive and fair to all,
all religious holidays must be banned from
all public arenas.

That is the modern politically correct way!

Little kids dressing up as power rangers, bat man and whatever else you want excludes others. Who knew?

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Ummm, no. Trunk or treat is where the adults of a Sunday School class get together and open their trunks with treats in them in the parking lot and kids go around and trick-or-treat. It's a safe alternative to street trick-or-treating. It's to protect them from predators and bad candy, not demons.

And while churches started, it has been adopted as a safe alternative by many different kinds of community groups because that's all it is - a safe option to street trick-or-treating.

Seriously, do you not even look these things up before you deride something?

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Seems they're doing a great job indoctrinating this generation. Obey, be afraid of guns, shun religious holidays, hate America. (the new "reading, writing, arithmetic)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I think they're banning it because Christians are offended by it. There have been stories for YEARS about Christians being against the Satanic holiday. That being said, I don't really think schools should be celebrating holidays anyway... And if this school district decided to do this, they are free to do so.

Ten Reasons Christians Shouldn't Celebrate Halloween

Christians Against Halloween
edit on 10/12/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
So in order to promote diversity "all hail diversity", we are going to tell everyone to be the same. Is it any wonder the kids want to shoot up their school?

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

"Umm no" what ... are you saying I haven't, with my own eyes, witnessed churches replacing Halloween with these fall festival "trunk or treat" things?

Preaching about how demonic the Skeletons, Witches and Ghosts are?

With all regards, as usual, you're mistaken.

Do you think that what you believe is always right, and all you need to do is say something for it to be true?

Or do you just have to obsessively disagree with me?

The Truth About Halloween

Halloween: A Celebration of Evil

War on Halloween Crosses Political Divide - Athens Banner Herald

Christian fundamentalists can do battle with Satan. “Halloween is Satan’s night,” televangelist Pat Robertson told his audience a couple of years ago. Robertson, however, is practically a conscientious objector compared to Jacksonville evangelist Kimberly Daniels, who warned parents that “most of the candy sold during this season has been dedicated and prayed over by witches.”

So, perhaps do your own research and get the log out of your own eye before helping me with the ...

Oh wait, there's nothing in my eye.

LOL

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I honestly see no reason why we have all these holiday traditions, they're occult rituals performed by the masses. Halloween, Christmas, Easter, etc. are all occult constructs to get the masses to perform occult rituals unbeknownst to themselves.

Christmas symbolizes the materialistic society those in power have constructed around us, ever seen Black Friday? It's completely materialistic in every way. Funny that it's a part of "Christ"mas, Christ was a man who taught against materialism.

Halloween symbolizes people getting rewarded for pretending to be something they really aren't, basically you are rewarded for lying. Our society rewards liars and thieves like the corporations and banks.

Easter symbolizes adults hiding good things (eggs) from their children. I think this symbolizes the materialism of this world hiding what's of true value to the masses. Instead of looking within for happiness, materialism hides that from people by saying what's outside is what matters.

I think it's sad that we are so attached to these occult rituals that we will fight those who don't want to practice them. While I think the school banning Halloween is stupid, I can also see that Halloween is totally unnecessary in this world.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

That said, I would guess that there were just as many complaints from Christians as anyone.

Halloween being Satanic and all.

I dont know ANY christians that think Halloween is Satanic, thats a totally off base assumption

There are some im sure out there who do not practice it

But the majority of Christians out there dress up just like everyone else

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Why is the public being duped into "occult rituals"?

Followup: Who is duping us into the rituals?

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I grew up celebrating many holidays in school:

Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, St. Valentines Day, St. Patrick's Day, and Easter.

That was schools all across America and then when I went overseas, in the DoD schools......

No one was offended. Lots of kids in the middle and high schools were given a chance for planning parties and dances based on many of these.

Sad to see that schools feel the need to make everyone be a conformist. Individuality is taught as something is wrong with you and should not be allowed.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join