It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what happens when there is nothing left to fight for?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

But I have to wonder how much heart anyone would have to fight in any war, especially if things got tough? But then again look at Vietnam and what the soldiers were willing to endure, and what they have done. I don't think they even knew what they were fighting for exactly.
a reply to: nOraKat

Exactly. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

They are running out of fabricated cons to run on the people. Hell, the people are more afraid of the LEOs, thugs and the government, than they are of Islamic radicals. And with the poorly managed influx of migrants from all over, taking off our shoes and going through airport scanners is a ridiculous joke. The whole Homeland Security scam is a joke. What are they protecting us from? What would we be fighting for? How would sending our children off to a foreign country to fight and kill a bunch of strangers, and to be killed by strangers, benefit them, us, or the planet?

I would rather visit my children in jail for the next 29 years, than allow them to go off to fight a senseless war, and run the risk of some or no part of them coming home to me in a wooden box, draped in a piece material, baring the symbols honoring the corrupt government that sent them to their death.

If I sound angry and bitter, it is because I am. There is no reason for us to start another world war. Especially a war that is all about greed, power and control. A war that will not benefit the average inhabitants of this planet or this fragile little blue marble that is the only home we know.

edit on 12-10-2015 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Word correction.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Then there will never be "nothing left to fight for" so what's the rant about?

edit on 12-10-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Paradoxicalsecret
peace.

You mean peace under a dictatorship, right?

You obviously don't know what peace under a dictatorship means.
edit on 12-10-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
You mean peace under a dictatorship, right?

Banned so, you will probably never know.

But let me guess, that is what you need him to have meant so you can get your rant on.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

The fighting ends.

No, when people have nothing else to fight for that will include love. If you see one of your loved ones in distress you are not going to fight to help them?

To love people you have to be willing to fight for them. You have to be willing to die for those you love, otherwise it is not love.

When people have nothing else to fight for they lose a part of themselves. They lose their souls. (it's a saying).
They become robots who simply continue to function to the minimum just to survive and have no hope in life.

When there is nothing to fight for no human would exist. Things without souls that look like humans will move around and do the minimum work to survive but they will not truly live.

edit on 12-10-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn Then there will never be "nothing left to fight for" so what's the rant about?

Rant? It wasn't my intention.

I ask the question because I don't believe that many of us have gone through the horror of losing everything. We have never awakened to the roar of our world falling down round us, or awakened to just a hole in the ground were everything you once owned and everyone you loved is no more. It is so foreign a concept, that few can actually even consider it as a possibility.

There are some of us that have survived a catastrophic event, weather related or otherwise. And as horrible as it may have been, we were still in America, with someone reaching out to assist as best they could. War is a different story. One that I hope and pray none of us will ever have to experience.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
If people see the world as they are, then it would appear you project your own mortal changes onto the world stage.

Each generation adapts to the terrain within their life as they see fit. Your beliefs and values belong to a world fast disappearing. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, just a transition.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

When people have nothing else to fight for they lose a part of themselves. They lose their souls. (it's a saying). They become robots who simply continue to function to the minimum just to survive and have no hope in life. When there is nothing to fight for no human would exist. Things without souls that look like humans will move around and do the minimum work to survive but they will not truly live.
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

I made this thread because I spent the weekend listening to my co-workers and reading the comments around the boards. I was concerned with the cavalier way people were throwing around the possibility of WWIII and Armageddon. They were discussing it like they were talking about opposing sports teams.

I am concerned because too many people aren't. I don't think WWIII is something that we are going to watch on Fox News or CNN, like Desert Storm. We are not going to be following it onTwitter and Live Cams, rushing to be the first to post to the Breaking News Forums around the net.

I know it is very difficult for most Americans to think of the possibility on going to bed and waking up in a barren nightmare. Look at the responses to my question. Most can't conceive of the possibility of loosing every . thing. I mean every . thing. We still think of ourselves as being invincible and untouchable. That is why I asked the question. That is why I am concerned.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Unfortunately most Americans, or most people in other nations don't have a say on what their leaders do. If Russia, or the U.S. or any other country start WWIII we have no way of knowing until it happens. Neither, you, nor I, nor most people in these forums have a say on whether or not it happens. All, we can do is live, keep reminding those we love that we love them and keep on going.

There are events we can get ready for, but if WWIII happens as you expect it, with nuclear bombs there is nothing we can do.

In the past I have stated in these forum that i have been shown through dreams either 2 or 3 nuclear explosions occurring in what appeared to be U.S. cities. when i was much younger and before i got to see in movies what a nuclear explosion looks like. In a couple of those I wasn't sure if it was the same city because they looked similar although I saw them through the eyes of different people.

I have been shown and been told there would be racial wars, and even a war in the U.S. that left at least parts of the U.S. in ruins. Have also been shown large sections of land with high fences with barb wire on the top of the fences as if large sections of the U.S. were prisons.

Despite what some members have said about me posting about these events in the past I do not wish for any of this, but there is nothing we can do anymore to stop these events if they are supposed to happen.

We can prepare for some of these events, just like we can prepare for the climate change that will continue to get worse, and not because of mankind.

However, there are things already happening which we can for certain blame at least a portion of mankind. People still haven't seen entire repercussions that will occur because of the Fukushima disaster. It's only going to get worse before it gets better.

We don't even know for certain what will happen when in less than 100 years the entire solar system enters the new region of space with a denser interstellar cloud that is completely different from the region we had been. We have encountered some sections of said cloud and back in the 70s scientists stated that entering this cloud could cause extreme climate changes, but only time will show.

In the end there is nothing we can really do about it if, or when these things happen.

edit on 12-10-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Haven't you heard? This is the Golden Age. Where have you been?

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Simple

They draft us in to the meat grinder of one of the four branches. They will have UN troops to round up and dispose of the "trouble makers"

And most will be too immersed in smart phones to even notice them coming and going door to door.

They will get thier way , they always do.

-DF

edit on 12-10-2015 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Thank you for your post. I strongly agree with all you said. I have no better idea of what is going to happen from one second to another, than anyone else. I surely don't wish any harm to anyone or anything. It just caught me off guard. I don't expect people to sit around in fear in anticipation of some catastrophic event. What I do want is for people to be aware that America is no longer that safe distant place far away from any dangers.

We are so not prepared, and just being aware of the possibilities can make the difference between making it and not making it. We are not invincible. We are not untouchable.

I know a lot of people think if TSHTF, that people will all come together and help each other. That we will all have an epiphany. We will work together to build a better world and there will peace throughout the Earth.

I think that they should re-watch the episode of Jericho and some of the other post apocalyptic world movies. Not for doom and gloom, and not for fear or shock value. To view them more on the level of a primer.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”

― Albert Einstein

edit on 12-10-2015 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I find it very intriguing that many of you have said that peace would ensue if there were 'nothing left to fight for'. I also find it interesting that there is talk on these forums of the end of days, and a time of peace preceding it.

Food for thought?

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I'll tell you what's worth fighting for, the damn truth, always has been, always will be. For those who want to help clear this world of the carefully crafted lies and deceptions, find courage to take on the good fight, giving no quarter, until you are victorious or dead.

edit on 12-10-2015 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
Rant? It wasn't my intention.

I'm not even sure what you are saying.

Fighting for god, country and family got you into two world wars.

People don't want to fight for a rogue government.

Which one of these is supposed to be the bad choice?

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
We will probably eat eachother in to extinction while the elites slumber in underground bunkers.

Call me a pessimist but humanity has reached a point of no return imo

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarthFazer We will probably eat eachother in to extinction while the elites slumber in underground bunkers.

Call me a pessimist but humanity has reached a point of no return imo

I agree that historically we have not always taken the higher ground when faced with adversity.

Yet we have the ability to use our knowledge, our experiences, and our deductive reasoning skills, to alter the course, that will befall us, if we allow the laws of nature, alone to prevail.

We speak harshly of the elite that will ride out the storm in their underground bunkers, but we know that they are storing for the winter and we do nothing.

Why should we expect them to share with us, when we show no interest in preparing for ourselves? It is the proverbial tale of the "Ant and the Grasshopper".

Few ever mention that the grasshopper is much larger, and likely to eat all the ant's stores, and the ant, if he is let in.

We are supposed to be intelligent creatures. If we don't use that intelligence, than I guess it will again be a battle between the survival of the fittest and the smartest. And with time those two groups will rise in numbers to play this same game all over again.

The government is not going to save us. They can't. Our numbers are too great and there is not enough stores in the pantry. The elite want our numbers reduced to a controllable number, they will never be able to leave their bunkers as long as we have the numbers, the might, and the driving hunger to destroy them.

You see this game has been played out hundreds of times before, yet the ending always remains the same.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Existence is based upon, and requires conflict for a species to evolve.

People are not evolving like those lowly animals we smear on the road every day, only our technology evolves.

Technology does much of our work for us, causing us to become weaker and still survive when we really otherwise would not according to natural law.

As far as war and armed conflict go, war is the last resort used to buttress up our "Created To Fail" economic/banking/pilfering of the ignorant masses business model.

edit on 13-10-2015 by MyHappyDogShiner because: nonproofindoofus

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

originally posted by: namelesss
The fighting ends.

No, when people have nothing else to fight for that will include love. If you see one of your loved ones in distress you are not going to fight to help them?

Sorry, but you do not Know unconditional Love.
Love is not a 'thing' that you 'own'.
People might fight for their 'beliefs' in 'Love', but that is not the same thing!
No one who is Love 'fights' anything!
Perhaps someday you will know (Knowledge = experience) unconditional Love.

To love people you have to be willing to fight for them. You have to be willing to die for those you love, otherwise it is not love.

There is a HUGE difference between stepping before a bullet for someone, and killing someone in the name of.
Love does not do that.
Here, so you can recognize that of which you speak;

True, unconditional Love is ALWAYS recognized by It's unconditional Virtues; Compassion, Empathy, Sympathy, Gratitude, Humility, Charity (charity is never taking more than your share of anything, ever!), Honesty, Happiness, Faith...
ALWAYS!

The commission of violence upon another requires 'beliefs'.
When there are no more vain 'beliefs', the fighting ends.

True, unconditional Love is ALWAYS recognized by It's unconditional Virtues; Compassion, Empathy, Sympathy, Gratitude, Humility, Charity (charity is never taking more than your share of anything, ever!), Honesty, Happiness, Faith...
ALWAYS!

When people have nothing else to fight for they lose a part of themselves.

Yes and no.
(You certainly cannot be referring to 'material possessions'!)
Losing the ego and illusions therein is not a 'bad' thing! 'Fighting' for infections of the imagination (beliefs), the ego, and your imaginary friends is insanity!
Yes, that is part of 'yourself' that you lose, insanity!
Becoming healthy requires loss.

They lose their souls. (it's a saying).

A poor and fallacious saying.
It all has nothing at all to do with 'Souls'.
Not anything, ever, can affect a 'Soul', and certainly no one 'owns' a Soul, other than in his imagination, 'beliefs'.
Know what a 'Soul' is, or just spouting sayings? *__-

They become robots who simply continue to function to the minimum just to survive and have no hope in life.

'Hope' is insanity!
'Hope' is the insane and vain judgment that the present moment, the Here! Now!, the Universe is 'insufficient, in error, and you have imagined (vanity) a 'better' Reality.
Too bad the Universe/God has no suggestion box to benefit from 'your' superior knowledge (usually in service to personal comfort)!
Perhaps the prayers of the vain; "Dear God, Let MY Will B Done! Now! What 'Is' isn't good enough! Abracadabra... in Jesus name, Ah-me!"

When there is nothing to fight for no human would exist. Things without souls that look like humans will move around and do the minimum work to survive but they will not truly live.

Thus in your imagination.
Other than that, no so at all.
You are imagining that for which you have no experience/knowledge.
And mistaking that imagination for 'more' than imaginary.
Thus the insanity of 'beliefs'.
Fear not, as long as you suffer from a 'belief infection', you'll always have that which you must constantly 'defend' and 'validate/feed' and 'spread, violently, if necessary.
It is not the insanity, the schizophrenia, the leprosy that makes you who you are, it is what makes an imaginary concept/construct 'who and what you are.
Defined by your 'illness'.
Some identify with their illnesses (especially the mental/emotional), after awhile, and fight to defend it/themselves!
The 'illness' becomes who and what they imagine themselves to be.

Enlightenment = unconditional Love!
In which there is no violence!
The Loving eye only sees the Beloved, and in Love, Lover and Beloved become One!
Thus no 'violence' against 'Self!'!
Thus 'ethics';

"Do NOT do to 'others' what you don't want done to you!"
(EVERYTHING in the Universe (and everyone), is 'others', and 'others' Is Self!)!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join