It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students get kicked out of class for not praying

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Poppcocked

My parents left it up to us to decide what we believed.
My brother and sister in law are doing the same with their three boys.
If I had kids, I would also do the same.
Incidentally, I figured out by the time I was 10 that religion was a scam, irrational bulldung designed to keep people compliant.
But then, I also figured that out about most hierarchal authority early on, and yes, I was as I am now...a bloody handful.
I didn't gather that from any interaction with my parents as we never discussed religion.
If your god and belief system are so fantastic and self evident, you should have the confidence to do the same.
I'll bet my life on a stack of bibles (ha!) that you don't have that much faith.
edit on 12-10-2015 by VictorBloodworth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorBloodworth

Incidentally, that's when religions go after people the hardest, when they are children, and their minds are malleable and hearts are innocent.the amount of torment and suffering that many children go through becoming adults,shedding them selves of a hard religious upbringing, is quite frankly evil, a disservice to the young, and treasonous to man kind.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Actually, what I teach my kids is: "Every thought is an action. You are responsible for both"

That's a strange lesson to be teaching your kids, since thoughts cannot be controlled in the same manner that actions can be. We all have dark thoughts from time to time, but we should only be judged by our actions.

I believe that kids should be given the choice themselves whether or not to believe in God or follow a religious tradition. It should never be forced upon them.

edit on 12/10/2015 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Poppcocked

the question here isn't what the parents or the athiests are doing, it's what the teachers did...
did they punish and try to coerce these children into accepting their god....thus not allowing these children the freedom to form their own beliefs.

I'm sorry but having classmates referring to being sent in the hallway as being "punished for not believing in god" or not being allowed to go outside during recess with rest of the kids so the teacher can try to convert you into believing is uncalled for.....and what the heck do the teachers expect?? they are 5, 6, 7 year olds!!! way too young to make any informed judgements about such things.

This was just plain out and out meanness directed at these children and their parents. totally uncalled for and totally not what the message of jesus was about!

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   
This isn't just about atheists.

There are people from a lot of different faiths, including many Christians, who don't want theocrat public school teachers trying to indoctrinate their children.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadFoot

Take it easy, the quotation marks meant "atheists" who believe in god when it's convenient, ie. heart attack, sick wife, dying child etc..

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorBloodworth

Calm down, did i ever say i believed in god or religion, i love how you just assume, i only believe in god when im gambling or dying. and i never make fun of those who do, so leave em alone they arent bothering you. -shrew jew lou stew??

If i were to ask a question about Bill cosby would that automatically make me black/pedophile?

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
God didn't create religion...man did. Besides, someone who isn't at least agnostic is foolish.

Seeing as agnostics lack the belief in god/s (making them atheists) I find this comment ironic and humorous...

GJ!

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

The lady should have been fired in my opinion

Absolutely, Dawn.

It shouldn't even be a discussion, and it's not just your opinion, in my opinion...

This is a violation, it's also workplace bullying.

Scum should be out of a job.

Anyone who makes anyone, let alone a child, feel less than they're worth...
Scum.

Sacksacksacksacksack.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost

Actually, what I teach my kids is: "Every thought is an action. You are responsible for both"

That's a strange lesson to be teaching your kids, since thoughts cannot be controlled in the same manner that actions can be. We all have dark thoughts from time to time, but we should only be judged by our actions.

You believe what you do.

I believe what I do.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Poppcocked

Take it easy, the quotation marks meant "atheists" who believe in god when it's convenient, ie. heart attack, sick wife, dying child etc..

Typical comment.

Yawn

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

God didn't create religion...man did. Besides, someone who isn't at least agnostic is foolish.

Seeing as agnostics lack the belief in god/s (making them atheists) I find this comment ironic and humorous...

GJ!

Agnostic means God can not be proven or disproven.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I'm surprised that the ATS Christian persecution squad hasn't shown up in the thread yet to tell us that we are unjustly attacking Christians for trying to enforce Separation of Church and State.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

It is so backwards in Georgia. I have an aunt who works at the University of Columbus where one of the professors openly supports evolution, and the staff was outraged by this....at a University.

My cousin is openly gay and loves to sing but was kicked out of the church choir because of that, yet he still goes to that church.

I think this shows how much off a grip dogmatic religious views have on the population.

If you do not go to church there, then you become an outcast. Many businesses won't even hire someone if they do not go to church....

I find that mentality just insane and void of any logic.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

GJ!

Even if that were true, they still lack the belief....making them....

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Ah, the Southern Theocracy strikes again.

link   

originally posted by: Poppcocked

No true atheists do any of that.

link   

GJ!

That is not what agnostic means.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

GJ!

That is not what agnostic means.

An agnostic isn't a theist as they lack the belief in order to be one.

And if you lack belief...
edit on 12-10-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

Some agnostics lean toward belief...

But still espouse that it cannot be proven either way...

So really it just makes them agnostic.

That's why there is two separate definitions.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join