It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't understand evolution.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: JackReyes

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: ParasuvO

It has EVERYTHING to do with it, all of the time.

Then maybe you can show me where evolution deals with how life formed on earth? They are two wholly separate issues.

Even the Original Poster agrees. Try to follow along.

Masons have to believe in a higher being. To try and make yourself out as a mason and defend evolution is stupid.

Evolution defends itself.. Believing in a higher being and understanding evolution are not mutually exclusive, nor stupid..

Jack, may I ask, why are you so against evolution? Is it because it contradicts something you have been taught about God?

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: spygeek

originally posted by: JackReyes

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: ParasuvO

It has EVERYTHING to do with it, all of the time.

Then maybe you can show me where evolution deals with how life formed on earth? They are two wholly separate issues.

Even the Original Poster agrees. Try to follow along.

Masons have to believe in a higher being. To try and make yourself out as a mason and defend evolution is stupid.

Evolution defends itself.. Believing in a higher being and understanding evolution are not mutually exclusive, nor stupid..

Jack, may I ask, why are you so against evolution? Is it because it contradicts something you have been taught about God?

Ask later, I'm going to sleep now, and might not remember your question. I have an answer but am to tired to respond.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I don't understand all the hate for Satan and evolution...

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Great. The two people who don't understand evolution have admitted to having learning disorders.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
I don't understand evolution.

You will never understand evolution if you start with explanation that you are biased and that you don't even bother to learn about it.

You also point at one rather obvious truth... while we try to understand anti science folks here, and also most of us learned great deal about religion/have read religious books, you here at least honesty acknowledge that you are arguing about something you did not even bother reading about...

No wonder you don't understand it... this way you never will...

You would be better off spending few years at www.edx.org... then here on ATS... it might help you to figure out what TOE really means...

This way is more like ... i don't understand quantum mechanics - thus it must be pseudo science... lol

+1 on honesty for not giving any effort to learn anything...
edit on 12-10-2015 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-10-2015 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I A lie that also just happens to make your life far
less complicated and more comfy for precious little you.

That's like the pot calling the kettle black since the lie you tell yourself makes your life more simple and comfy for precious little you!

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvsI admit I
have never had the slightest interest to study and research something,
that I immediately recognized was an out right lie.

So without any understanding of the topic whatsoever (as you have admitted several times in your post and title), you immediately claim it is a lie? Do you honestly not see the issue with this process of determining what is reality and what isn't?

Going in to a subject with the preconceived notion that every word you read is pure evil, lie after lie, bile-in-writing, yet having no information that you personally have to come to that conclusion. You can honestly say that this is an accurate state of mentality when coming to a conclusion that a specific topic is all one big conspiracy?

I'm not religious, but i'm not religious for a reason. I'm not a non-religious person because my family raised me to be, or because my peers slandered religion, or because I went to a building with several other people every Sunday and a guy on a stage rambled on about the lies in religion.

No... I'm not religious because I DID do my research on a topic, even though I previously did not believe in it. And inside that research, of which I went in with an unbiased mind, all I found was conformation that every religion I researched was obviously a different fairy tale for adults.

~ I found inconsistencies in all of their ancient texts that contradicted the very things they believe in.
~ I found instances where mass killings and genocide was a normal practice, both in their ancient texts, and in more modern times.
~ I found leaders of those religions that claim condoms and other forms of STD prevention were evil and urged their followers not to use them and not to educate themselves on the matter.
~ I found that the churches suppressed new lines of thinking, and those lines of thinking would have pushed the progression of mankind 500-1000 years ahead of where we are now.
~ I found that there wasn't anyone who answered if I had tried to pray to them.
~ I found that when my heart stopped in the hospital when I was younger, all I saw was black.
~ I found other explanations for things like ghosts and supernatural events that either lead to a more rational, natural explanation, or at the very least not a direct line to any specific religion.
~ I found that many religious people took their religion so seriously that they would murder men, women, and children in the name of their god.

And only after all that research did I conclude that Religion was a lie, if not the most evil thing man has ever created.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Why couldn't an all powerful God have created evolution?

because evolution works just fine without a god.

that's the part most creationists get hung up on.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Could you please get my title right Murg?
That's Mr. Giant ###King Pharaoh Lord and Savior of the Trolls
P.O. BOX 69 Chicago Ill. 60609

Gawd that's awesome.
What ever became of Zorgon?
edit on Ram101215v28201500000001 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

What ever became of Zorgon?

He was banned in 2012 if I recall correctly.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
But Randyvs, I'm not a Christian, so how can you prove to me that Genesis is the truth? not Christianity, but Genesis.

I'm not a Christian but I do believe in God. I believe that evolution and the natural processes that Scientists observe is God's way of Creating.

If a Scientist finds fossils and if Darwin theorized natural selection from scientific observations, how is that wrong?

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

I appreciate your post?
For me, as I can only answer.
It's about Gods power.
In Genesis he merely spoke and it was so.
The sound ( vibration ) in his voice causes
everything. We are barely scratching the
surface of sound resonance science are
we not? So again over and over and over
all thru out. I see that extraordinary piece
of ancient literature vindicated.

If only more posts were like yours.
edit on Rpm101215v09201500000031 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Randy, I'm curious as to how literally you take Genesis.

For instance do you hold that there was, at one point in human history, only two people?

Because irregardless of whether humans ever evolved or whether evolution is true we know from genetics that no such bottleneck ever occurred. We know that Adam and Eve never happened the way it's described.

We also know that people thousands of years ago didn't live to be 900 years old. This isn't Lord of the Rings, this is real life, we know that no one in recorded history ever lived that long and we have absolutely 0 reasons to thin such a lifespan is even biologically PLAUSIBLE for humans.

Geologists also know there was never a global flood that buried all the mountains beneath it, the story of Noah is not literally true in that respect.

Even if you reject evolution there are multiple fields of science the facts of which disprove Biblical creation in pretty much every form it takes, save perhaps the vague deistic Cosmological form. Science goes with what best matches reality, it forms models and makes predictions and often has practical applications. So the conspiracy you're suggesting 1) would have to be in nearly every field of science, thus indicting the vast majority of scientists as dishonest conspirators and 2) would mean that science doesn't actually work, meaning that everything science has produced, from the space shuttle, to life saving medicine to the computer I'm typing on would be based on the lying conspiracy.

What I'm asking is - If science is all a lie WHY DOES IT WORK? Or is it just the aspects of science that YOU interpret as a threat to your beliefs that are part of the conspiracy - how convenient that you can just dismiss any finding you disagree with out of hand as a lie from the pit of hell.
edit on 12-10-2015 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

Sometimes I find some of these threads hard to wrap my head around.

You're prolly better off dude or dudette.
edit on Rpm101215v42201500000055 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

So without any understanding of the topic whatsoever (as you have admitted several times in your post and title), you immediately claim it is a lie? Do you honestly not see the issue with this process of determining what is reality and what isn't?

Yes, but I've always been quick to identify a lie. No
big talent involved.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

a reply to: Ghost147

Yes, but I've always been quick to identify a lie. No
big talent involved.

Are you familiar with the tale of the emperors new clothes?
edit on 12-10-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Titen-Sxull

The answer is

KENT HOVIND

I know you'll love this.

edit on Rpm101215v55201500000014 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

You do know "Doctor Dino" Kent Hovind is a con-man yes?

He and his son are selling a fake cancer cure on their website. In fact not only is the cure fake but its potentially poisonous because its cyanide from apricot pits.

The man's degree is fake as well.

At any rate I'm still waiting for YOU to answer all of my questions/objections.
edit on 12-10-2015 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Evolution, is a theory, but a theory that consists a set of ideas and explanations that are BASED ON FACTS, and have been tested repeatedly.

Why would you argue against facts? Especially, with no supporting evidence to backup your own claims.

You see, Science, doesn't really go against the idea of religion or the existence of a God or many Gods. However, you do wash your hands from something that you cannot observe, record, confirm or deny. So they don't deny any of it, they just don't like to participate in talking about things that cannot be verified.

I say Evolution is right, because there are TONS and TONS of evidence that supports it. Ever heard of the Bunny Ear affect? That's what happens when you start "DIGGING" and start to see fossil records evolve overtime. You first get the short bunny ears, then as you dig further down, you begin to notice that the bunny ear's bone structure and physical body structure actually changed overtime.

There's also the missing link, we have in fact, found many many missing links after the discovery of Lucy. In fact, we've already found many of her people. We have found the missing link from Ancient Fish first turning/evolving into Amphibians.. and many more...

No, Evolution doesn't say we CAME FROM APES. No, that famous chart where you see an ape walking and gradually turning into a man, no, that's actually not how it works. In fact, I'm quite surprised that picture is still being discussed or used today. As it depicts or tries to depict ideas that is just totally bananas.

Chimps, Great Apes and US, WE SHARED a COMMON ANCESTOR. We, along with Chimps, Great Apes, etc. were all part of this Ancestor race, then Natural Selection changed us over time, into modern humans, Chimps, Great Apes, etc... We are a part of a phylogenetic tree, if you can picture that.

To better understand Evolution, you'd have to study and understand what Natural Selection is and how it functions.

Honestly, a lack of understanding of key materials is what sets us apart.

Believing in Fixity of Species is really just ignorant, at this point in time, we're way beyond Cuvier...

Besides, it's not about a PAID educated LIE, it's about Published and Peer Reviewed results. You cannot pay everyone in the world to commit to a lie. When one Scientist comes out publishing something, his Scientific Methods are then duplicated and verified by peers, so that once it's been reviewed and replicated so many times, they claim that as a fact.

You can't argue against Evolution, because it stares straight at your face, while it's self evident lol...

Also, that whole 46 chromosomes vs 48 chromosomes topic is silly as hell, once you start to learn what Chromosome Fusion means.... lol, humans had a chromosome fusion on the 2nd pair, which caused us to have 46 instead of 48.

Again, Scientific knowledge vs Fringe Science. Truly understanding, vs I think I heard somebody said this and that.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Randyvs, I must applaud you. You are one of the master trolls of ATS. You even say so in your opening post and you still have 4+ pages of comments. You have my respect as I truly do not know what you believe. You claim willful ignorance and also a deep seated belief in your chosen god. I know, you are the Colbert of evolution. My hats off to you.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join