It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria -- Before and After the War

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
These videos speak for themselves, consequently I have limited my own comments as they are not necessary.

This five minute video shows Syria before the war. It looks like an opulent civilization of mostly middle class people with a diverse population. It is primarily the physical appearance of Syria before the war.

This fifteen minute documentary has additional footage of Syria before the war. But following are pictures of frightened and confused people as terrorists begin to take over the country. There are interviews and commentary by Syrian citizens.
This video contains some footage of the dead, but very few people actually being killed so it not extremely graphic. Both videos were filmed by Syrians.

edit on 10/11/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Note: The second video was published in May 2015, five months ago. One can only imagine how devastated the country is now.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Traffic. Any ME or African nation that was actually secular in nature is destroyed accept for maybe Iran.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

So is this the reason the Christian guy at the end of the second video supports Assad? Because he was permitted to live?

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The jihadists, the ones Americas empowered and financed are like roaches. They come out in the dark when countries are weakened by US meddling and they create havoc with countries that are not aligned with the West.

Of course it is no coincidence that countries aligned with the West, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, UAE, and Qatar, haven’t had any major jihadi nut problems.

But countries that were and are not aligned with the West, Sudan, Syria, Libya, and Iraq have all had major problems with the jihadis.

No coincidence, just direct surreptitious American black operations to destroy the governments

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
! My god! What have they done?"

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
The country isn't 'totally destroyed', the media wants to make it seem that way so we all jump on the must intervene in the name of Humanity Bandwagon (read that, directly invade and topple the government, replacing it with a western style puppet).

The second video plays up to that by showing the scenes of people being throw off the roof halfway through. Are we incensed enough to continue bombing some more?

Will you vote for more destruction in order to 'help' them, putting your own kins boots on ground even?

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Yes, it looks nice but their devastation was caused by internal fighting. I could take you to Delhi or Beijing they are as equally as beautiful in the main tourist areas. Then I could take you not one mile from those areas and the scene is totally diferent. People sleeping on the street rubish and detritus everywhere but most of all a despondant, put upon population. It just so happens that the underclass in Syria took up arms and tried to fight for their rights. Now when two opposing forces are virtually evenly matched and fight over the same territory you get Syria the aftermath.
AND NO FORIEGN ARMY BOOTS ON THE GROUND thay managed it all by themselves.
edit on 11-10-2015 by crayzeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Amazing! Our tax money at work!

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

This is the American Idea of funding moderate rebels. I see nothing moderate in the destruction.

And the same moderate destruction can be found in Libya, Iraq and every other nation where US policy for a NWO has used mercenaries for regime change.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Your comments contradict and conflict with what the actual citizens are saying in the second video. Additionally, the terrorists are dressed in all black and the appearance is what we have come to associate with ISIS.

As mentioned earlier the videos were taken by Syrians. I do not personally believe they are propagandized.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
If you recall, ISIS originally titled themselves "ISIL" or

The Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL; Arabic: الدولة الإسلامية في العراق والشام ), also known as the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria

www.google.com...=ISIL

They now proceed with their original ambitions. (But of course, they have help now, from various countries, for a variety of reasons).

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I can go into who is to blame and argue but these videos don't need any of that. They speak for themselves and I can genuinely say I feel like someone has my heart in a vice. I'm ashamed and broken hearted for these people. I hope that this can be fixed as quickly as possible for those poor souls whose world has been literally turned upside down.

I was gonna say pray for them. However I never will pray for something I can do myself. So please people don't pray for change. Take action and be the change.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: liteonit6969
I can go into who is to blame and argue but these videos don't need any of that. They speak for themselves and I can genuinely say I feel like someone has my heart in a vice. I'm ashamed and broken hearted for these people. I hope that this can be fixed as quickly as possible for those poor souls whose world has been literally turned upside down.

I was gonna say pray for them. However I never will pray for something I can do myself. So please people don't pray for change. Take action and be the change.

That's exactly how I felt with the Iraq War and later with Libya. It still hurts seeing these incredible civilizations which literally go back to Biblical times being utterly ruined. And this is exactly what people are pushing for when they advocate for a war against Iran.

I think everyone should look at pictures & videos of the cities our war fanatics want to invade. Then think about all of the teachers, firefighters, kids, entrepreneurs, artists, athletes and more that will have their lives destroyed by those wars. I think it takes a horrible mind to want to destroy a country's infrastructure & communities because someone doesn't agree with their leader.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

As mentioned earlier the videos were taken by Syrians. I do not personally believe they are propagandized.

But the compilation is by someone else. The media coined the term ISIS. The terror at the Post Office was originally blamed on Assad. I remember that, there are threads here about it, I participated. With all due respect it is very propagandized for our benefit.

Read Willtell's comments above mine.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Crayzeed and intrptr:

Without question, the civil war has caused much of the destruction without outside intervention from the power players. This brief video shows the aftermath after Aleppo was destroyed by Assad's men and the rebels. It shows only structural destruction, not human.

My topic was actually to show the destruction - because there remain people who still believe the Refugees are only leaving Syria 'for a better' life.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservantThat's exactly how I felt with the Iraq War and later with Libya. It still hurts seeing these incredible civilizations which literally go back to Biblical times being utterly ruined.

Well, they Iraq and Libya were ruined by decades of brutal dictatorships. Saddam was certainly happy to destroy anything that displeased him - see Marsh Arabs for an example.

The destruction due to war in Iraq and the strife in Libya and Syria are all Muslim against Muslim. Muslims are destroying their past. One wonders whether the civilizations of yesteryear are somewhat more civilized than the current occupiers.

If you look at the architectural and historical destruction in the Middle east, you'll also find the others have the habit e.g. Iran destroying synagogues.

Very depressing.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Life of Syrians are ruined and it is mostly because of foreign terrorists.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: enlightenedservantThat's exactly how I felt with the Iraq War and later with Libya. It still hurts seeing these incredible civilizations which literally go back to Biblical times being utterly ruined.

Well, they Iraq and Libya were ruined by decades of brutal dictatorships. Saddam was certainly happy to destroy anything that displeased him - see Marsh Arabs for an example.

The destruction due to war in Iraq and the strife in Libya and Syria are all Muslim against Muslim. Muslims are destroying their past. One wonders whether the civilizations of yesteryear are somewhat more civilized than the current occupiers.

If you look at the architectural and historical destruction in the Middle east, you'll also find the others have the habit e.g. Iran destroying synagogues.

Very depressing.

I am sure no one is inclined to destroy a synagogue in the middle east unless those who are allied with international powers !
Saddam himself was allied with international powers !!
Now that Syria is filled with foreign terrorists they want to omit the central government. What would be the outcome ! for sure another Libya !!!

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Syria began to implode shortly after President Bashar al-Assad‘s regime cracked down on peaceful demonstrators in March 2011. The conflict has produced dozens of militias, including Islamic State, and destroyed vast swaths of major cities and countryside.

Survival is an issue for the majority of Syrians because the economy is no longer sound, the report says. Unemployment has surged to 57.7% from around 15% when the uprising began in 2011.

Four out of five Syrians live in poverty. Two-thirds are unable to secure basic foods and essentials for daily life, and Syria “has become a country of poor people,” the report warns.

Economic loss since 2011 exceeds $200 billion. “The armed conflict has depleted the capital and wealth of the country,” researchers conclude. “The continuing closure of businesses and the shedding of labor have resulted in a fundamental restructuring of the economy, with a lacerating contraction of most economic sectors.”

blogs.wsj.com...

And all we can do is look at it and think "what a pity". I wish we were able to vote on things like this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join