It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One hell of a way to spend a first anniversary

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   
So today is my girlfriend and I's first anniversary. So we thought we would go hiking up to a waterfall called Martins falls to do some photography. It's about 40 miles outside of town up in the boon docks. So we get there and I'm setting up my gear at the bottom of the falls and my gf finds a game trail going up the side of the falls and starts climbing it.Which in of itself is out of the ordinary as she hates climbing anything high. So I get all my stuff packed up and start up behind her. 30 min's or so later we are at the top looking down. It started raining so we took cover so as to not get the camera soaked. once that passed we started looking around. Up behind the main falls are another series of smaller falls going back up the mountain.

We walked maybe 300 feet and I was setting up my gear to get some shots and she had walked up ahead of me. She was standing up there for a couple of min's and she comes back down and the look on her face, something was wrong. She goes "babe there is something bad up ahead, there is something up there." I just sorta looked at her for a second. For whatever reason I felt the urge to move my head. As soon as I did that a branch came crashing down from the canopy above us and hit my hand and camera. Had I not moved my head it would have hit me. It was weird because I was not leaning on a tree or anything like that to cause this branch to fall out of the tree and hit me. I looked at her and that's when I felt it. There was something or someone there too. I packed up my gear as quickly as I could and I turned and looked across the creek and I saw something very large and black dart between the trees. I told my gf we needed to get the f outta there and now. About two hundred feet or so away from us was a road so we quickly headed towards that road and started climbing the ravine to get up to. half ways up I turned and looked back to where we came from. Directly across from where I stood on the other side of the creek was a rock ledge that was above it and there was something that was golden color standing there watching us.

I asked my gf if she could see it and she looked at it and described to me what I was seeing. Once we got back up to the road we started walking back to our car which we thought was only 3 or 400 feet down the road. Turns out we ended up walking almost 2 miles to get to our car. Which makes no sense. Before getting hit by the branch I had turned around and looked down the creek and I could see the top of the big falls were we had climbed up. We went on a direct horizontal line from the water to the road so I can understand for the life of me how we ended up almost two miles from the car when we only went up 300 feet from the falls?? When we got to the car we looked at the time on our phones and it was 7 pm when we got to the falls it was after 6. So in less then an hr we climbed the falls stopped a couple of times to take pictures and then walked almost 2 miles. The math doesn't work. I know it took almost a half hr to climb the falls, we took cover for 20 mins waiting out the rain and stopped twice for me to set up my gear and take photos. So somewhere we lost almost two hrs. It should have been a lot later then it was.

On the drive out we talked about what we had just experienced. She said that when I was taking pictures and she had walked a little further ahead she saw what looked like a small cave or grotto off to the side of the creek and she wanted to take a picture of it and she pulled out her phone and went to take a picture and her phone freaked out and wouldn't take a picture. She said that's when she got the feeling that there was something bad there and came back to get me. When we talked about the thing on the ledge she said she got a distinct feminine feeling from it and looked somewhat female. For me when I saw it I knew it was not good. I've had a lot of experiences in my life and this is the first time I've actually been scared to the point were I realized that if we didn't leave we wouldn't have gotten out of there. The other feeling I got was that we stumbled into something that we were not supposed to find and it didn't want us there.

From there we went and got dinner and that's when we found this on one of the two photos she had taken. This was taken with a Samsung Galaxy phone. When she took this photo she said that it was not there. Only when she looked at them later did she see it. From first sight it looks like a damn bear except for the way its standing all hunched over with its paws drawn up to its chest. You can see part of it on the other side of the tree. I've never heard of a bear walking on its hind legs hunched over like that. There are some other strange things in the photo too. I could buy it as a bear except for the fact I saw something large and black dart between two trees extremely fast and then the thing/being that was golden standing on the ledge watching us. I just really do not know how to explain this experience. Nothing about it makes sense.

edit on 11-10-2015 by w810i because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I don't know what to make of that picture but you sure relayed your story well! I got goosebumps..could almost feel the presence there.
When you say 'golden being' , do you mean..mountain lion golden or golden skin or..golden aura/light?

eta.. the dark thing really does look like a bear, perhaps it was injured and moving weirdly? I know this doesn't account for the other weirdness though. Also, there is an area that looks exactly like a face profile in your pic..

ps..that area is beautiful! We have nothing like that nearby.. just endless construction and houses

edit on 11-10-2015 by Starcrossd because: added pic

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Starcrossd

I would say golden skin like, I've lived here all my life and I know what a mt lion looks like and this wasn't that. It was standing there just like we were standing there looking at it as it looked at us. The falls are beautiful, and completely scary at the same time.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: w810i

Wow.. I can't imagine! Creepy and awesome too! Maybe someone will come on here that has seen something similar. Is the area known for weird happenings?

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Really interesting story. I don't know what to make of it either. I'm glad you and your grilfriend are safe though. Happy anniversary!

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: DarkestConspiracyMoon

Thanks! It was defiantly a memorable one!

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Starcrossd

I noticed the face when we were looking at them. I talked to a friend who does paranormal investigations around here and he has not heard of anything up there. Its an old growth forest and extremely primitive area.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   
That dark park when zoomed in looks like an ape standing sideways with its head hidden by the tree. Can even see what looks like muscles

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Awesome but can understand, confusing experience. Beautiful pic nonetheless.

Wonder if you guys had experienced any smell or sounds that seem suspect?

About it's posture: Lately in the news see here, there's footage of a bear walking upright but doesn't seem to compare much to the creature in the pic.

While I believe in Bigfoot I'm less of one who follows them to be an inter-dimensional being which may have affected the environment. May want to look more into the aspect of that in relation to Bigfoot as your experience alludes to a possible time slip.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Hee hee.
Squatches ain't got no time for walls of text.
edit on 11-10-2015 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

My gf said that she heard sounds before everything went south. I was zoned out taking pictures. Ironically enough my camera didn't catch the creature that hers did. I def think there was some sort of time issue going on.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I have crossed paths with the He-Dog.
Strange creatures.
Best leave them be and go the other way.
I've got a dollar says none will ever be caught.
They are real, but not in the conventional sense.

edit on 11-10-2015 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Another thing to note: My gf said when she tried to get a picture of the cave or grotto her ears started ringing horribly.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Seriously, don't mess with these guys.
They aren't looking for new friends.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

We weren't trying to mess with anyone or anything, just out for a hike when everything went south.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: w810i

We weren't trying to mess with anyone or anything, just out for a hike when everything went south.

Is it a safe guess that you felt like you were in the wrong place?
Leave them to their business, whatever that may be.
They will move on in due time.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Right after the branch hit me I knew something was very wrong where we were.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   
You would be doing well to not crap your britches if you hear one vocalize in your immediate vicinity.
I know these creatures exist.
I do not believe they are the same flesh and blood as you and I.
I have not seen any hostile behavior from them, but I have had undeniable stern warnings to go away.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I saw the wall of text and figured I would sample the first paragraph.

You SUCKED me right in! I still have goose bumps, I felt like I went through that experience with you.

I believe there are 'things' in this world better left alone, S&F for sharing this.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

I hope you don't mind but I manipulated your photo slightly...
I'm not sure if it is pareidolia causing me to see two faces or what!?

I highlighted what I am talking about...

One thing is for sure, your first anniversary beats the hell out of the usual chain restaurant and flower bouquet!

Well, I THOUGHT I had increased it...

edit on 11-10-2015 by TNMockingbird because: see above

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join