It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some feminists want to destroy the net.(free speech).

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I have been following Anita sarkeesian speak at the UN.

Now If anyone had been following gamergate you will know Anita made a video asking for money to make a video series about Games and women (which she still has not done the full series also she lied about her credentials).

I like Thunderfoot and he is fighting Anitas views.

he does raise good points.

Then in the UK we have this lady.

Bahar Mustafa whos job is a diversity officer at Goldsmiths University student's union tweeted.

"kill all white men"

www.itv.com...
Now I don't believe in our UK laws where you can be arrested but this does show Anita what the web will be like If she gets her way.
Again thunderfoot explains it better then I here.

Personally I think the net is always going to be a place that can upset you and If you can not hack it just turn off your computer.
So what do you think who is right Anita and her crew or Thunderfoot?.
Oh and before people come on saying I hate women (don't and I want equality for all) that is not my point and I don't, I like the fact I can say what is on my mind on the net without reprecussions because you actually tell the truth more and we can see what people really think whether you agree or not.

I think some were never taught as a child "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me".
edit on 10-10-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Just to lighten my mood here is Bill on feminism.

Oh and WARNING a few swear words.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   

If Zoe Quinn and dear Anita don't want to be told they're liars and that they suck, perhaps they should stop lying and stop sucking at their "job."

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I think those women need to get in the kitchen and make me a sandwich.

Not because they are women, but because they are idiots that only hurt their own cause.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   

The fact that they spoke at the UN and Anita was subsequently applauded for her hate speech speaks volumes to me about their agenda.

and when I say "their" I am referring to both the feminist speakers and the UN representatives - because both have the same agenda to assume control of society via a policy of "do as I say, not as I do".

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Well yes, but think of how much poor Zoe has suffered! All she did was try to hump her way into a better career and slept with both game reviewers and developers and executives. All while she had a boyfriend. A boyfriend who didn't cover up her activities for her.

That's straight up misogyny! The poor girl!

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I agree she told everyone she was a gamer then was found to say she isn't.
Anyone disagreeing with her she wants silenced.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I think the internet is both the best and worst thing that ever happened. Massive amounts of information, literally at your fingertips. You can learn to do anything from fixing your car to getting a degree. But, it seems it's also brought out the worst in some people. They can get online and verbally abuse anyone they like. That being said, I have NEVER understood how some stranger saying I'm fat or short or ugly or whatever else, can effect my feelings. They are strangers, who don't know me, will never meet me, so why should I care about what they say. I take online threats with the seriousness they normally deserve, that is, ignore them as nothing more than keyboard wannabes trying to look tough. I just can not understand these people who get their feelings so hurt by a random stranger, that they feel compelled to try to limit what I can say.
Grow a thicker skin or stay off the internet.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   

I don't really get how she was allowed to speak at the UN, I mean, we're talking about video games essentially... Both sides of the gamergate fiasco are wrong and beyond ridiculous. I don't like how she is being used to smear feminism or, conversely, give her particular absurd version of it any legitimacy. It's academic feminism which young women often get into right when they're coming to be adults and want to take on the world and it's empowering, albeit over the top. Usually by undergrad women have outgrown it and realize that not everything is misogynist and patriarchal.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Maybe I'm old but men and women are different and have different strengths but what makes humanity amazing is together we are capable of anything.
Im all for equality fir women and women still have a battle to fight but when anita and her crowd blame everything on men...well it hurts their cause.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Plus it appears to me they don't want equality they want control.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Because that's their idea of equality. Equality defined by "them" at every turn. It's only "equal" if they say so.

And woe to you, you wielder of penis, for daring to suggest it's not equal.
edit on 10-10-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Anita Sarkeesian, money grabbing in the fake guise of 'feminism', it's been so long and she's amassed a big enough army that she actually believes her own # now!

Crazy #ing world!

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Yes, we have to remember that these sorts of extreme social change ideologies are completely wedded to totalitarian philosophies. In every case, it is the state that must enforce a new cultural norm at the point of a gun, metaphorically or not.

"ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL, BUT SOME ANIMALS ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS."

-George Orwell

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I'd say ignore them, but they would probably consider that passive aggression and arrest me.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Womens movement was for equality..

Now its all about how they can milk more money by playing victim(by using current media trend to make stupid people feel guilty).

More women are educated than men nowadays? of course you fool, you get scholarships, bursaries and other incentives, heck women are treated better than men from minority and underprivileged category. These "feminist" flock toward "women studies" proof their(feminist ofc) brain isnt capable of doing engineering or other actual fields. But respect to women who excel in engineering and other tough fields.

You take more days off than Men, Have "biological" days off.. but surprised men make more money?(when i say Men, i mean your average everyday Men, Not CEOs or other Executives(who feminist try to compare), we are not them.. we are in a sinking boat like every other person)

Funny thing is... there is subtle sexism toward men now a days. I work in a Lab, in a mixed gender environment, sometimes we have to lift things up to 20kg(40lbish).. ALL the women opted out of this duty by saying its too stress on their wrist, so automatically the men started doing these, they are stuck with other easier jobs(imagine if this was reversed).

Minirant over!

edit on 10/10/2015 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

We have to remember too that these social change ideologies are born out of totalitarian norms.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

We have to remember too that these social change ideologies are born out of totalitarian norms.

Only to the extent that the state enforced some religious norms( the vestiges of which remain in the form of 'blue laws' generally). There is much superfluous legislation.

My suggestion is to begin a massive clearing out of bad laws from the books starting with a full reading aloud in congress of every law. States and Towns should do the same.

You are right though, puritanical law was totalitarian though, less statist if that makes sense. I suppose authoritarian at the bare minimum.

edit on 10-10-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Live and let live.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

<<   2 >>

join