It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haley's Comet No More (A Mandela Effect)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

Terry Nichols was the McVeigh bombing person. I think you confused the first names.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

Are you saying that you remember a Hillary Clinton/Terry Nichols sex scandal? Unless, like OccamsRazor04 suggested, you got the name wrong?

Curious to know what you were referring to.
edit on 13-10-2015 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

He did not explain it well, I think he simply switched up the first names of the McVeigh and Clinton people.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
we talk about this a great deal over on another site that i probably cannot post here, but they think of themselves as tards if you know your internet lingo you'll know the place...A user over there, seems to think that each of these real mandela effects are ripples caused by a technology that can change the past via quantum tunneling, According to the user over there, the machine would most likely be much better at "going forward into time as that just requires a possible outcome and the machine tunnels all possibilities until finding the right ones and then collapsing all others, like a plant consuming light. To go backward into time and make a change leaves evidence for some as yet unknown reason....its never 100% that the past can be changed without shifting reality to accommodate it. Some us over there believe this might have to do with the fact that reality is a collective agreement between all living things at all times...when there is enough "noise" or non-coherence in the background reality gets a little flimsy at best and dreamlike to those with the faculties to notice these things...which we have others that claim to do just that...something to consider

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Seems like this song from around 1990 fits nicely here, so yeehaw-

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Well, here's my pop-up book cover from 1985.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: JustJoe

Thanks for sharing. Lately I've been wondering myself if the collective human unconscious is somehow responsible for the shift. Life is indeed a dream (as anyone who ever experienced the black tunnel or had an OBE should know.) It is possible that reality fluctuates based on changing perceptions, or who knows. Another thought I've had lately involves what it is referred to as the Archaic Records; supposedly they are a sort of psychic print of everything that's happened (every action, every thought,) and so one could potentially browse through it like a universal library of all things. Anyway, a thought I've had lately is that the Archaic Records might be something like a mirror, reflecting everything that happens here. If it could be altered, like a database can, then maybe someone/s have altered it, thus altering how we perceive the past and present. We look into 'the mirror' and perceive falsehoods. Or perhaps, rewritten reality.

One thing that is very interesting is that nothing has really changed in terms of this world we live in, the twists and turns that brought us to this point. Everything that has changed, be it textual or geographical, has not altered the great reality we perceive. In essence, the past has not changed, nor has the present; just certain details. This makes sense to me personally because, from my perspective, one has a soul and experienced a linear human existence, and then dies. If the past truly changed then we would have lived it twice. Surely the more physic among us would have noticed. But no, everything was (more or less) as it was, and proceeds on from this point forward. Details, small or large, change, but not affect the path this world is on. It really seems to be like someone is messing with the Archaic Records in some sense (that details are being changed, but the story of human evolution and societal change remains unaffected.)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Hi, I remember this. And you HAVE to believe me, please.....
It's always been Hailey's Comet. And I know this for a fact! Why? Because my name. I learned about it in school and it was always so cool how it was spelled just like my name with an I in it. Just like my name Hai. So I know this for a fact. Not to discredit anyone! You have the pronunciation correct, but spelling is off I'm sure of! It was always spelled Hailey's and it was ALWAYS pronounced Haylee's comet if that helps. So I know for a fact this whole Mandela effect thing is 1 million percent TRUE AND REAL! This is a big one for me and it gives me chills! People would always misspell it and say it's spelled Haleys but it was actually Hailee....so you are still correct that it was pronounced hay-Lee. So yes it has been changed and I'm dumbfounded it's always been "Halley's" I mean this is ridiculous.
Thanks for letting me share!
edit on 25-5-2016 by HaileeElizabeth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I distinctly remember thinking it was Haley's then later reading something that spelled it Halley's and thinking...that's odd. But then thinking I'd simply gotten it wrong.

But then, I'd probably only heard it before then and never actually had seen it written, even if I did...who's to say the person who wrote it hadn't made a similar assumption. This was a long time ago, well over 10 years ago I can remember that quite vividly, I don't think it changed I think I just made an incorrect assumption.

But I've known it as Halley's ever since.
edit on 25-5-2016 by samerulesapply because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Interesting. It was always Haley's comet and always pronounced that way. Even through school. that's a fact jack. At least everyone that I knew and interacted with back then. That's thousands of people.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Interesting. It was always Haley's comet and always pronounced that way. Even through school. that's a fact jack. At least everyone that I knew and interacted with back then. That's thousands of people.

In all honesty...how often did the subject of Halley's comet actually come up in conversation with all of the people you interacted with?

More to the point...how often did the way iot's spelled come up?

I remember one single conversation regarding this comet in my life and it was in school...I may have heard it being mentioned from time to time but the spelling of it never came up in any conversation I've ever had.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: samerulesapply

originally posted by: amazing

In all honesty...how often did the subject of Halley's comet actually come up in conversation with all of the people you interacted with?

More to the point...how often did the way iot's spelled come up?

I remember one single conversation regarding this comet in my life and it was in school...I may have heard it being mentioned from time to time but the spelling of it never came up in any conversation I've ever had.

Probably didn't come up a lot, but I distictly remember from dozens of not hundreds of references, conversations, articles, news casts etc, that it was Haley and pronounced Hay..lee

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

You're probably right, seems it's a common misconception.

One thing I do know for a fact is that wardrobe used to be spelled wardrope, I remember being told this by a teacher in school who corrected my spelling...then suddenly it has a b instead.

Pretty weird, I've asked folk and they agree it is and always has been wardrobe.

I remember this well and I was very young, I remember the teacher telling us and ma and other kids finding it strange - I even remember saying I thought it was wardROBE because you can hang robes and stuff in there and she was like, yeah - no it's still wardrope.

A google search returns results for both wardrope and wardrobe...confusing.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
So people who are not all the intelligent or mispronounce or misspell words become proof that a person is from another time line.

The future should be bring them over by the millions soon.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I remember it as haley too. My mother says she remembers it as hailey/haley but definitely not halley. That is crazy

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 02:36 AM
link   

You are seriously going to claim a different pronunciation is the mandella effect? Well on my timeline Ketchup is spelled catsup obviously this is one too.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Flag on play

False Mandela

10 yd penalty.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 04:00 AM
link   
It was always Halley's Comet and named for the person who correlated historical comet sightings and realised it was a periodic comet every 76 years approx (Edmund Halley). I first heard of it in the 1950s and patiently waited for its return in 1986 only to be disappointed with the show it put on that year.

From solarviews.com...

Halley's [HAL-lee] Comet has been know since at least 240 BC and possibly since 1059 BC. Its most famous appearance was in 1066 AD when it was seen right before the Battle of Hastings. It was named after Edmund Halley, who calculated its orbit. He determined that the comets seen in 1531 and 1607 were the same object that followed a 76-year orbit. Unfortunately, Halley died in 1742, never living to see his prediction come true when the comet returned on Christmas Eve 1758. Halley's Comet put on bright shows in 1835 and in 1910. Then in 1984 and 1985, five spacecraft from the USSR, Japan and Europe were launched to make a rendezvous with Halley's Comet in 1986. One of NASA's deep space satellites was redirected to monitor the solar wind upstream from Halley. Only three comets have ever been studied by spacecraft. Comet Giacobini-Zinner was studied in 1985, Comet Halley in 1986, and CometGrigg-Skjellerup on July 10th, 1992. The nucleus of Halley is ellipsoidal in shape and measures approximately 16 by 8 by 8 kilometers (10 by 5 by 5 miles).

Some people pronounce it [Hall-ee] or even [Hail-ee] but the actual spelling has not changed
edit on 13/1/2019 by Pilgrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Trypo

Yes indeed. I never heard Halley before recently either.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Pilgrum

Yes, this is how the Mandela Effect works. It changes details. The same thing can be said of the Berenstain Bears: they were named after Stan and Jan Berestain. Only, in the reality I grew up in, they were named after Stan and Jan Berenstein.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join