It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey shoots down Russian jet

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: Vector99

That is correct, I was mistaken while thinking surveillance. SR-71 had a lot of speed making it close to if not impossible.

Think of it this way. In the 70's - 80's we ran a plane that simply could not be shot down, it was FASTER than the missile's shot at it.

We HAD a plane to outrun missiles, and just retired it? Yea, I buy that reason as much as we scrapped the NASA shuttle program.

No, we have/had something in the works the whole time. It's just not for our eyes yet.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

LOL!! i bet thos ecops wont be tracking anyone else in that area again!! I can see it on th e news now. California highway patrol car destroyed by MIssile!

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: liteonit6969

Link to these hoax reports? There will always be people who don't believe it and call it a hoax without a shread of evidence. I haven't seen anything, just those calling it a hoax who are not located anywhere near the region. The reports that it happened, came from Journalists in the area, i'm more prone to believe people who are actually there...especially jounalists who have a reputation to keep up. It's also barely breaking dawn over there on a saturday, local media may be slow on it...if it gets reported at all due to political reasons. Looking at how Ukraine was covered in the US, do you honestly expect MSM to tell us this happened ASAP? We'd be lucky if they reported it at all! I also haven't seen any tweets from Turkey calling this a hoax, and I've been watching all night. Some people would rather post what they want to believe instead of what actually is, and they'll be the first to go come WW3.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Wouldn't surprise me, military technology typically is advanced enough we don't realize it until much later.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Que the ww3 end of world apocalypse people...........1.....2....3......Go.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: GroidNificent

Hope your not counting yourself hold your breath. While the potential is there we love having an enemy at all times just as they do. While if this is true and again I say if, proxy wars like this have resulted in similar conclusions. Leaders like having enemy's, fear helps the agenda. That being said I don't think Russia is in a position to take on the world considering the ruble is down and they are short on solid allies.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
So looks like this was BS. Whole thing came from a tweet from someone that saw an explosion in the sky. An explosion...in a war zone. No sh#t.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: GroidNificent
Que the ww3 end of world apocalypse people...........1.....2....3......Go.

NONO don't worry. WW3 won't start over Russian stupidity.

Any Russian strike in Israel tho, well, glad Iive in rural USA.

This seems to be a point honestly, Putin has little cares, and is challenging Obama militarily, NOT the smartest move I would make, But I'm not Putin.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=19908468]Vector99[/post

I hope the pilot got out before it hit the ground.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: [post=19908468]Vector99[/post

I hope the pilot got out before it hit the ground.

Agreed 100% if the reporting is true.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logman
So looks like this was BS. Whole thing came from a tweet from someone that saw an explosion in the sky. An explosion...in a war zone. No sh#t.

An explosion that only had a handful of possibilities: A US jet, a Russian Jet or a Syrian jet. There was also the journalist who saw 3 F-16's responding to an incident near the border. Not 100% sure if a russian plane was shot down by Turkey, but SOMETHING happened.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: JonStone
a reply to: liteonit6969

Link to these hoax reports? There will always be people who don't believe it and call it a hoax without a shread of evidence. I haven't seen anything, just those calling it a hoax who are not located anywhere near the region. The reports that it happened, came from Journalists in the area, i'm more prone to believe people who are actually there...especially jounalists who have a reputation to keep up. It's also barely breaking dawn over there on a saturday, local media may be slow on it...if it gets reported at all due to political reasons. Looking at how Ukraine was covered in the US, do you honestly expect MSM to tell us this happened ASAP? We'd be lucky if they reported it at all! I also haven't seen any tweets from Turkey calling this a hoax, and I've been watching all night. Some people would rather post what they want to believe instead of what actually is, and they'll be the first to go come WW3.

You know how many BS stories have come out of Syria so far ? Tons...You really think that russian media would be quiet about this? RT would be all over it in a matter of seconds, Russians would use it to further portray NATO as aggressors and as the bad guys..come on man.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: JonStone

a hand-full of possibilities could be dismissed that way.

(post by itanosam removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: itanosam

And Americans are pacifists who don't have bases in half the world. Every country close to superpower is trying to expand their reach right now.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Danton

They rid us of the party they were allies with? They might have had some help.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I hate communists with a passion but they kicked Nazis ass. My grandfather did his part in North Africa but they really took the brunt of the Nazi forces in Europe. Don't get me started about the Nazis though. I'm trying my hardest not to get banned discussing the Islamistists as it is.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
That said, the Krauts don't get me started. You dig your own grave if you let them rule over you. There is no better cause to die for fighting against their control except maybe fighting the Islamisists but they are kind of merging these days to create the ultimate evil on earth.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Danton

We helped to defeat the Nazi's, and thank God our country was not accessible by land or we would have been in the same situation as Russia. But if you think Russia was the tip of the spear I wonder if you humour how we magically adopted a lot of Nazi science after the war, spoiler alert, some people didn't face crimes. Good news is our rocket endeavours are swell
no help from anyone, just modern day American ingenuity. We may have fought but don't act like we didn't plunder from war.
edit on 10-10-2015 by CriticalStinker because: Typo

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join