It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confederate flag-clad man 'against the niqab'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Confederate flag-clad man 'against the niqab' charged with uttering threats at Calgary debate

Harper (conservative) supporters showing their idiocy.. against foreigners wearing something on their face..while wearing something over their face...

And they wonder why we assume conservatives are racist. If racists vote for your party all the time maybe...there is something in your values that people agree with...

edit on 9-10-2015 by lucifershiningone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Interesting:

French Canadians in particular were very highly sympathetic to the Confederacy in the Southern U.S.[1] There was talk in London in 1861–62 of mediating the war or recognizing the Confederacy. Washington warned this meant war, and London feared Canada would quickly be seized by the North.[2]

en.wikipedia.org...

Well I guess the French Canadians were 'racist'!

2. Soldiers: About 40,000 Canadians donned the blue and grey.

3. Self-defence: American secretary of state William H. Seward advocated reuniting America by instigating a war with Britain by capturing Canada. British and Canadian officials took his threat seriously. Thousands of British soldiers were stationed along the border, and the royal navy was redeployed. Canadian militia were trained and armed. Fortifications were enhanced and artillery stood ready.

6. Separation: The Copperheads hated Lincoln. They wanted the war stopped with the Confederacy preserved and, failing that, the formation of a new country comprised of several Midwest states. The Copperhead’s chief spokesman was Clement Vallandigham, who inspired the Copperheads and campaigned to be governor of Ohio from his headquarters in Windsor, Ont.

www.macleans.ca...

At least the South. The confederacy didn't plot to start a war with Canada.

The Blue did.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
You lost and they're all dead now.

Get over it.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

You forgot..but murder is already illegal....Has nothing to do with what we taking about but it's your go to line..

Only bring it up because when people are talking about making it harder for the mentally ill to get a gun..you love to bring that up..

edit on 9-10-2015 by lucifershiningone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Nope. Just anti-British. The enemy of your enemy and all. our history is WAY different.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: neo96

Nope. Just anti-British. The enemy of your enemy and all. our history is WAY different.

Well I guess the only people that ever worked out for was for you Canadians.

Not so much for anyone else.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The niqab wins the 'big debate.

That Zunera was able to take her oath while wearing the niqab does not mean that she did not have to show her face privately before the ceremony.

This tempest in a teapot is nuts.

How about her husband? Should he have shaved off his full beard? I don't think so.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

8. Suspicion: Hours after a shot echoed in Ford’s Theatre, it was determined that Canada was involved in the conspiracy to kill Lincoln. The border was sealed. Questions about Canada’s involvement dominated the conspirator’s trial. It was proven that John Wilkes Booth spent time planning the assassination in Montreal.

10. Self-preservation: Britain had helped the Confederacy by supplying ships and, after the war, president Grant demanded an inordinate sum in reparation. American and British officials discussed cleaning the slate by ceding Canada to the United States. Prime minister Macdonald ventured to Washington to negotiate Canada’s survival in the Civil War’s final battle.

www.macleans.ca...

Americans are not taught this history.

I imagine it would have turned out differently had Canada joined the war. The Blue wanted for the territory.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: lucifershiningone

I didn't forget that gun control was born out of the hatred for African Americans.

Namely the evil confederacy.

People that can't shoot back, can't be slaves can they?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: masqua
The niqab wins the 'big debate.

That Zunera was able to take her oath while wearing the niqab does not mean that she did not have to show her face privately before the ceremony.

This tempest in a teapot is nuts.

How about her husband? Should he have shaved off his full beard? I don't think so.

Than why was this man even questioned about covering his face?

The ruling on niqabs has created a slew of legal contradictions that need to be resolved.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
He was arrested for allegedly threatening the custodian of the Tuscany Club - where the debate was being held. The hate crimes division are wetting their pants over this incident. I used to think Canadians were tough, independent people but if a man wearing a confederate flag kerchief is enough to cause a stir I might have to reconsider.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
He was arrested for allegedly threatening the custodian of the Tuscany Club - where the debate was being held. The hate crimes division are wetting their pants over this incident. I used to think Canadians were tough, independent people but if a man wearing a confederate flag kerchief is enough to cause a stir I might have to reconsider.

Wanna talk tough face to face Bro?
We are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO different than the States. We have the anti-1st. Racism must be stomped out at all costs. Just check out our human rights tribunal.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals
Now that we are pandering to special interest groups, and applying our laws based on your religion and race...why would you think that?

Unless Canadians turn this into an actual tempest, it is only going to get worse.

top topics

join