It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuality ‘may be triggered by environment after birth'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

Blimey are you Vic Reeves
with an epic tash?.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958

There is no evidence that the environment may cause one to become a homosexual.

You can make that statement all you want, but evidence exists for other animals at the very least.

If so would the environment cause one to become straight?

Many people are born straight, gay, or bi sexual. That is the way it is, and we need to all except that.

I don't know why you would try to make the reverse as an argument. That's just not logical.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
i always assumed its mostly genetic precusor in the fetus brain and when chemical/emotional/environmental stressors activate the brain gets wired that way.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Thank you!

I mean, why would "Environment" only trigger Homosexuality...

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrsNonSpecific
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

rather then a temporal scanner

What posh household did you grow up in?

Mine was a strip of, like, negative film you just pushed against the forehead.

And my mother reaction whatever my temperature was, was 'Take two paracetamol, you are going to school, you'll be fine'

I had the glass one with the mercury. I guess I just dated myself...

I'm also bisexual... Coincidence...?

This clearly warrants further investigation. That's it, someone needs to do a study on thermometers and sexuality.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

Thank you!

I mean, why would "Environment" only trigger Homosexuality...

He said "cause", but trigger is more appropriate. It's an alternative strategy for group fitness, best I can tell.

It's unlikely to be "Environment only", or genetic only, rather a complex interaction of the two.

Oh I see, you're wondering why hetero's wouldn't be triggered by the environment. In a sense they are, but it's still silly to see it that way.

Homosexuality is incapable of being the primary sexual preference and the species still living on. Heterosexuality will remain the primary/default preference regardless of environmental stressors, else the species would die out.

So you could say that the less stressors and under more ideal conditions, less homosexuals would be present. I also theorize lefties are more prevalent during a more stressful terrain.

Interestingly, mixed/left-handedness, and a reverse whirl also correlate with homosexuality. Anomalous brain organization would also help the herd having more individuals who deviate from tradition and structure to create a better path in novel circumstances.
edit on 9-10-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Epigenetic switching is caused by environment?

Somehow that seems quite a stretch.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

That's textbook definition. I don't understand what you don't get. Do you know what epigenetics means?

Epigenetics is the study, in the field of genetics, of cellular and physiological phenotypic trait variations that are caused by external or environmental factors that switch genes on and off and affect how cells read genes instead of being caused by changes in the DNA sequence.
Epigenetics

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

Homosexuality is incapable of being the primary sexual preference and the species still living on. Heterosexuality will remain the primary/default preference regardless of environmental stressors, else the species would die out.

Your "opinion".

The fact is many homosexuals are having children, many gay men donate their sperm to surrogate women to have their children.
Homosexuals are fertile as straight men. It's not just science, it's a fact.

Many homosexuals women have babies all the time.

I just demonstrated in my above post that is not correct.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Your "opinion".

No, it's science. We're talking about the reason behind the evolution of sexual preference, within this context technological advancements are entirely irrelevant. Understand the context of my statements before replying, please.

The fact is many homosexuals are having children, many gay men donate their sperm to surrogate women to have their children.
Homosexuals are fertile as straight men. It's not just science, it's a fact.

Many homosexuals women have babies all the time.

Great, but entirely besides the point. Good work on making non-points.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
a reply to: Annee

That's textbook definition. I don't understand what you don't get. Do you know what epigenetics means?

Epigenetics is the study, in the field of genetics, of cellular and physiological phenotypic trait variations that are caused by external or environmental factors that switch genes on and off and affect how cells read genes instead of being caused by changes in the DNA sequence.
Epigenetics

Thanks. I am no scientist - - not even close.

But, it does interest me - - and I have been reading about the flipping on and off.

I guess I don't recall the External factor.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

It's not Preference, it's Sexual-Orientation.

Do you think we are born "Neutral" and environment dictates if we are Gay, Straight, or bisexual... and do you also think that "Triggers" Gender-Identity as well? Cisgender, Transgender, Genderfluid Etc?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I would like to ad that all homosexuals also think with both Hemisphere of the brain.

Straight people do not.

This is one of the reasons to why homosexuals are great artist, decorators, and performers, because they know how to complement both sexes in their work.

Homosexual men get along with women very well, and have a better understanding of women emotionally than straight men.

This also goes for homosexual women they have a higher intellect than straight women and get along with men very well.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

You might be me new Best friend!

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

It's not Preference, it's Sexual-Orientation.

They're the same thing.

Do you think we are born "Neutral" and environment dictates if we are Gay, Straight, or bisexual... and do you also think that "Triggers" Gender-Identity as well? Cisgender, Transgender, Genderfluid Etc?

I think we're born with inherent propensities due to genetics and environmental cues before being born. The first few years are most formative, with immense growth taking place physically, psychologically, and emotionally.

Personally, I think we retrospectively analyze and bias towards our stated preference in a belief we always were such way. Best I can tell kids don't think about sex until a certain age, but the culture does try to push us towards certain outcomes. In the 80s, growing up and doing a first date with a guy would have been difficult. I had a chaperoned date with a girl.

I'd say most are born with a propensity for heterosexuality, but just like an androgenic load past a threshold will give rise to a male vs female, I think it may be the case with homosexuality if you carry many of the genes which we may one day find associated with the preference, and they are expressed collectively in a certain way, that homosexuality may come to be.

Now, as for all these new and colorful labels that people would like to carry along, they can go for it, but I think at some point it's getting a bit ridiculous. I tend to think the culture represses that many of us have a degree of flexibility in our sexuality.

Not really sure what else to say. It's a complex subject.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I would like to ad that all homosexuals also think with both Hemisphere of the brain.

Straight people do not.

That's not even remotely true. What we don't use atrophies. I can't believe you honestly believe this?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
But if they are twins.. they're most likely 100% being raised in the same environment. If it is the environment that triggers the "gay gene" then why one twin and not the other as well?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Wintermichelle

You can have 100 people in the same room recalling vastly differing accounts of the same experience.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I have not seen a straight family on this planet that has produce only straight people.

Anyone looking into their family tree will find there is or was a relative that was homosexual.

My "opinion" is, I don't believe it has anything to do with gens. Why, because we are now talking about the world population and it is a fact that every family has a homosexual relative in their family tree.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Every extended family statistically has a lefty, yet we know handedness has a genetic component.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join