It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does one control their intuition?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
starwarsisreal
"Is it possible there are certain individuals that have more powerful abilities? "

I tend to think that the "Intuition Message" is the same for everyone... because the 'source' is from what EdgarCayce called the Akashic Records...
It, The Hall-of-Records, is also thought to be the place of ALL stored, combined wisdom/knowledge of all humanity (collective consciousness)

One can receive an epiphany or a less spontaneous Intuition from this ethereal source, but what You individually glean from that inspiration depends upon that person's intellect, commitment, passion to work out the details of that Intuition/epiphany

many times I have had great ideas but just did not act upon those 'ideas'... bet you did too & had to do a face-palm because another person got rich on the same idea

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   
First, you need to separate real intuition from luck. Sometimes there are lucky coincidences that seem like intuition.
Second, you need to understand what intuition is. It is the working of the non-logical, non-verbal parts of the brain, which are also powerful thinking centers. When you get intuitive ideas, it is because something in your history you don't remember clearly is being processed by these other centers in your brain, and then the result of this neural computation is finally transferred into the conscious part, where you can recognize the idea, but not the source.

Since we have loads of information stored in these areas, intuition can be very powerful. Various types of fortune-telling, such as tarot, are designed to provide clues that your intuition can latch onto, so that the ideas there can get over to the conscious part of the brain. Mediation is great, but simply making your life less stressful, so when you are sleeping, the communication within the brain can happen, is also great.

Intuition is simply a manifestation of how versatile and powerful the human brain is; there is no magic about it. Just be happy yours works well.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: StanFL

There was a saying that that if it happens more than two times its not a coincidence at all and right now its becoming more frequent.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

a reply to: Darkblade71

I wonder if I focus on a specific person is it possible to gain some knowledge of the person without knowing it. I'm thinking of doing an experiment with a friend.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Possible, try to focus on me. We do not know each other. try to get some details from my handle, and knowing i live in Canada

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
What did the five senses say to the Brain...

SLAP!
edit on 11-10-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Hi SWIR,

You don't. The intuition is beyond your control - that is why it is so valuable. While all of our other senses are linked to the physical body (ie taste/mouth, sound/ears, touch/hands etc), the intuition does not have a distinct connection to the body, other than perhaps the Pineal Gland, which is a tiny gland in the center of your brain that is also linked to the Third Eye. This 'extra' sense is out-sourced; meaning we don't really understand where it comes from, just that its messages are never wrong.

The intuition is primarily a 'warning system', which is why it is so valuable: say for example, you are about to get on a boat one sunny afternoon but you have a strange, uncomfortable feeling in your gut that says 'do NOT get on this boat'. But you dismiss this weird sensation and off you go...and oops, shortly afterward, the boat grounds and sinks off the coast. You are rescued by the coastguard, but in the process, you lose your wallet and your phone and sprain your ankle so badly that you are out of action for several weeks. Not to mention the brutal cold you catch after being dunked into the ocean. So while it could have been much worse, I bet you would think 'I KNEW I shouldn't have gotten on that boat!' That is the gift of the intuition.

While we all have the capacity to hear and heed our intuition, many do not. It sounds to me like you are opening to this sense and the messages you are getting are suitably gentle to start. That means you will gradually be 'messaged' more and more and the content of those messages will become more meaningful and direct.

It is difficult to always listen, so don't fret if you miss or deny your intuitive sense from time to time - I have worked with mine for 30 years and still miss some! It takes practice and openness to nurture development - enjoy it, embrace it and know it is unique and extremely helpful when it comes to keeping you safe (as mentioned, some of the main things this sense will do is warn you of danger, wrong choices, or sinking boats).

Namaste.
GI

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenIrish

How can I use this gift? I mean there are some who manage to just look at a person and somehow knew his/her future.
edit on 17-10-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   
sorry double post
edit on 17-10-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

As i said in my reply to you, listening occurs when there is silence.
Intuition is not a gimmick that one has to master, it is beyond control.
Listening is the keyword here, is one able to listen.
Every human being is gifted with intuition but listening seems to be quite difficult.
Obviously this means that the mind is filled with distractions that obscure the mind.
Listening means, being fully attentive in the moment, free from the known, the past, which is you as the observer who translates everything in terms of the old, 'the known', and uses the background (culture, tradition, everything you were taught and which is who and what you have become) as a means to measure against.

If the observer is present, there is no silence, therefore no listening.
Hence it cannot be controlled by the observer (you).
The question, 'how can i use this gift' therefore has one simple answer, you can't.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

You know I just realized I think its more than just intuition. In fact I believe I might be a psychic only my abilities was suppressed.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
My intuitive/psychic ability comes in my dreams so some dreams are just a mish mash of strangeness that I don't get much out of but some are extremely lucid and even predictive. I believe I have done some astral travel as well as I have seen places that I later come to find are real places that are different slightly as in another alternate reality but entirely recognizable.

I would start with dreaming techniques like dream control and see where it takes you. If you don't lucid dream ever maybe try some Doxycycline, Malarial medicine that causes intense dreams as a side effect.

All I have to do personally is sleep on my back and that makes me dream like crazy but I prefer my sides so I rarely do lay on my back.

I

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join