It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does one control their intuition?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

In terms of a reading?
It doesnt necessarily have to be future. I remember seeing someone get a reading of their past, present and future. I would consider an accurate reading would entail the reader to accurately describe the recipients past. If the reader can impress the person with detailed knowledge of their past. Things the cards would tell them that the reader otherwise would have no way to find out, and on the spot. Not having the reader know the persons name and doing a facebook search and looking at the persons pics or anything. But legitimately on the spot, give bang on descriptions of the persons past. Then i think you can put SOME faith into the readers predictions.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I wanna confess I did considered doing a reading due to my intuition or what another member said Prescience.

By the way not to sound weird but I believe I may get this as I keep on focusing on my intuition or Prescience. Though I feared I'll be all alone because I don't know any one else in the same situation as me. The closest thing would be a friend having one dream but mine happens a lot.
edit on 9-10-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: InTheShadows

I wanna confess I considered doing Tarot reading. Would my intuition or as another ATS member said Prescience effect the reading I made?

It wouldn't effect what the cards show......the reading......but it would effect how you interpret what the cards show based on the specifics of the person being read.

For example, if you were reading a woman and a Love card showed up in relation to the future, along with a Death card in relation to the past........that would be hard to read without an intuition based on your experiences with women in general, and a few presonal specifics about the woman being read.

It could mean that a love found in the future could kill certain parts of the past. (Those Parts Being shown in the minor arcana section) What kind of love will she find? Read the minors closely. What will die because of that love? It's in the cards.

Remember that it may not mean specifically the love for a person. She may find God in the future. Or a dog that she really loves. Your intuition coupled with all the cards in the reading and how they correspond to each other are the keys to an accurate reading. Do it right and she'll keep coming back. Do a reading like that wrong and she'll likely get very pissed off because your misinterpretation of the cards will have led to her misunderstanding of the situation. You're dealing with a woman and love. You dont want to get that wrong.

She'll be expecting Mr Right to come by and kill all the lonely nights, (Listen to Unbroken by Tim McGraw) while a stray dog shows up at her door after killing that rat that ruined her loaf of bread. She won't see that type of simple love because she's looking for the more complicated type

For example.

edit on 9-10-2015 by InTheShadows because: Clarity

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

a reply to: Klassified

How about Tarot readers? How did they know how to read people at will?

A very close friend of mine is an experienced tarot reader. She says the same thing. You don't control it. You become sensitive to it, and you'll find it's always there to be heard.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

There are a few ways you can kind of learn to control it a little.

Focused meditations on heightening intuition, practice, pick up a deck of tarot, play with them, try a few things until you find what triggers your ability. Be warned though, if you already experience it somewhat, you might have a sudden opening, and those are hard to handle. Basically your intuition turns on in overdrive and you can't shut it off.
Cool at first, but can be painful if you happen to be empathic or not shielding yourself from other peoples crap well enough.

It also helps to get a good understanding of the sub-conscious mind.
(because this is where a lot of the intuition comes from)

Read up on spirit guides too.

We all have them and getting a working open channel between you and them helps a lot because they can kind of guide you in the background, a lot of the time without you realizing it. Mine work overtime when the need arises.

Basically, get an understanding of the mind, your mind, where you think your talents lye,
and practice,trust yourself, meditate, read up, and realize it can take years with on and off cycles that only you can discover for yourself.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

I have been meditating since March. Ever since I did that I experienced intuition. However, when I meditate it wasn't really deep but my third eye opened. Like whenever I meditate I feel pressure in my head.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

So if I do a reading on that woman should I say "Love will come, but I can't guarantee if it's Mr. Right or another kind of love but it will impact you tremendously."?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I tend to see a blue light just out of my field of vision (where 3rd eye is located) when I meditate.
I'll also get a tightening sensation around my head, much like wearing a bandanna. I figure it is my inner hippie trying to get out...lol

Sounds like you are getting the right sensations.
For me, when I would do meditations like that, I wouldn't get anything during meditation, although I would basically blank out for a few hours, then when I came to, I was all calm, like meditation is supposed to be, but when I would go to bed, I would start to have small premonitions about the next day, so pay attention to your dreams after meditating. Ask the universe to enter your dreams as a meditation request. (just send out the message at the beginning of a meditation session that you want to experience premonitions, then meditate like normal and see if you start to have some interesting dreams after a while.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Well when I meditate I do it after I exercise or if I'm tired and my duration would be for five to ten minutes. Around those times my third eye open. Is that normal?

And I believe in the Jedi Philosophy but when I ask for guidance I call for the Spirit of Wisdom or Sophia.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Well when I meditate I do it after I exercise or if I'm tired and my duration would be for five to ten minutes. Around those times my third eye open. Is that normal?

yeah, as you get more in tune, it becomes almost immediate. I used to just have to visualize a candle flame and would get the sensations of "the third eye" opening.

Honestly, when it comes to who you ask for guidance from, that will all depend on your own philosophy and how you see yourself fitting in with the Universe. You could ask a bug in meditation for guidance and you might get something..lol
The goal is to increase you awareness.
Just keep an open mind and keep on doing what you are doing and your answers will come when you are ready.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
You don't control intuition. It's innate. You learn sensitivity to it, and discernment between it and random thoughts, dreams, etc.

I agree don't try to control it. Intuition and gut instinct if you will, have served me well in business. As my brother tells me often, " go with your gut, it seldom lets you down".

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Meditation is the best way to increase attunement to your intuition, no need for control, it comes when it comes.
If the third eye is fully activated it the result of accessing higher states of consciousness, or accessing God directly.
youtu.be...

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

So if I do a reading on that woman should I say "Love will come, but I can't guarantee if it's Mr. Right or another kind of love but it will impact you tremendously."?

You can't guarantee anything. All you can do is read it to the best of your abilities and the person getting read has to do the rest. What you're basically doing through the cards is showing a person what will happen in the future in that person keeps themselves in a position to let those events happen.
It's a lot easier to put love in your life if you know what type is coming your way. You'll be looking for situations that serve as opportunities for you to act upon.

It's like driving, in a way. You can go down a road all night long without your lights on and get to where you're going, but it's a lot easier with a lot less minor accidents along the way if you can see the road ahead with your lights on. A good reading turns the lighrs on. It doesn't do the driving for you, but it helps you see things more clearly.

All in all though, I saw this as something fun to do. You dont really want to take it all too seriously. Learn what you can from it and move on. That's what I did. That's what my intuition told me to do I guess.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Intuition can't really be "trained" it is inherent in Homo Sapiens, we All have it. Extra-Sensory Perception, (E.S.P.) is more brain specific, possible DNA, but I don't think enough research is available.

Think of intuition as a flashlight, E.S.P. would be more akin a laser.

The best you can do is learn to listen to it.

(even going against common sense, at times)

[old folks call this "wisdom"]
edit on 9-10-2015 by thedigirati because: clarity

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

Most of the time its hard to even recognize the signs of your intuition and the thought gets ignored or forgotten until it happens.
Then we say wow i knew that was going to happen.

With time you will know instinctively if it is a true premonition. Your whole body will feel the tiny vibrations of the connection. Sometimes when I am asleep I can almost feel the light caress of the air on my face, waking me to the message.

It was a rare occurrence, but lately seems to be more frequent. I think it is because more people are starting to wake up.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Do everyone has prescience in some way or or only some people were able to have it a la Star Wars.

I was trying to make the distinction that we don't have it, it is a gift. As opposed to intuition, 'figuring' things out.

In the OPs dream he received a message, he didn't figure "Nelly" was going to his school, he had a premonition she was.

Gotta be careful about use of words here. Many people interpret their meaning differently, nowadays.
In the movie star wars, Luke saw his friends in trouble, he didn't ask what will happen to my friends. In the movie, he was shown the future seemingly on command but it never happens that way. In the move they always act like they are super endowed with great powers and know all the answers but it never, ever happens that way.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

But some people said that everyone can be Psychic. Is that a way to deceive people into thinking they can feel good?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

But some people said that everyone can be Psychic. Is that a way to deceive people into thinking they can feel good?

I think everyone has a soul, but here we are dependent on and see and feel through physical senses. Your meditation is good to establish connections with the spirit, more we do that the better. Depending on what practice we undertake.

In modern times there is more distraction away from the spirit.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Is it possible there are certain individuals that have more powerful abilities?

By the way is there a correlation between being prescient and being a lefty? It is around March where not only I began meditation but also discover I was a lefty.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Is it possible there are certain individuals that have more powerful abilities?

If you love and are loved by someone, thats pretty powerful. But more to "power", some have a better connection / awareness of their own spirit than others.

By the way is there a correlation between being prescient and being a lefty? It is around March where not only I began meditation but also discover I was a lefty.

I don't think that matters that much. Like color of hair, eyes, skin, its a physical trait. You want to look more at how we control our emotions, how we control our anger, for instance is way more important than which hand we throw with.

Those that control their anger have more power to effect change in the messed up world around them. Your meditation should be making you aware of your faults like impatience, judgement, jealousy, revenge.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join