It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idea regarding those who post

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
An idea just came to me and I thought I'd ask before I forget. Would it be possible and or useful to others if the author of a post had some sort of mark, outline, star or colorful frame that identifies the OP's avatar? For those of us bordering on "old timer's disease" I believe this would make it much easier to recognize the OP, instead of going back to the first page to see who wrote the piece. I have a difficult time remembering who wrote what..Just wondering.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

The OP's posts have a green border around them.

edit on 9-10-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
They do?? I never noticed that. Well, that was easy, thanks.a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

As a fellow sufferer of "old timer's disease," I like this idea!!!

I can think of a few times this would have helped me to better follow conversations and keep track of who is posting what. Sometimes comments are posted so fast and furious I have gotten myself confused. This could only help those of us who are so challenged.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
it's not called old timers disease, it's is CRS ( cant remember sh@@).

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Wow, I never noticed that either! Glad I came in here!

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Same LOL, I had to go look around just now.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I'm gonna go star one of your posts for that. Well done.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I just realized I moved into my 8th year here this week so I guess you pick up a few useful things along the way.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Brilliant! I never noticed that till this thread! Thank you!

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
It's green if you're in 'dark mode'. And easier to see. In 'light mode' it's more blue/gray and more difficult to distinguish. At least, from my perspective.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
LOL, me too, never noticed it before this thread.

Brilliant! Devs could maybe put a little more colour to it..

And while on the thread, am i the only one with those stupid

1) skyscraper-ads on header
2) wide banner on the "right navigation"

Its like "inverted", skyscraper should belong to navi, and wide banner to header or footer.

Its, its just that so often the idea gets me, are there developers on this site at all? Everyone outsourced OR outdated?

Because, the ad-system in its current state, is just doing wrong to the site. Less clicks, less money. Outrageously bad way to advertise.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I just read this thread and thought yeah, a great idea. Then I read about the green outline on OP's replies which I NEVER NOTICED before so I looked at some threads and yep, it's there. Maybe ATS could make it just a little more vibrant as it is barely noticeable unless you know to look for it, which I do now. But you know, in case I forget.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Shut the front door!
Oh Snap!
Hot Diggity
and of course all that Jazz!
I've been lurking for a while and I have never noticed any borders around any posts till just now.

*facepalm*

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
DAMN!! We do learn something new each day. Been here about six years...knock me over with a feather.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I call it "Some timers", seems lately to be most timers...

Yeah, I noticed a green border once a few years back and was like" how do only some people have a green border?" About a month later I actually took the time to figure it out and felt like a dummy after...

What I find odd about ATS quirks or easter eggs if you will is, how often we end a sentence with the word window. Like that one for instance... What word is it?... Window . if you put a period at the end of window, it disappears.... Window.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown
They do?? I never noticed that. Well, that was easy, thanks.a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

AH! never noticed this, but you do have think green line on the top and bottom of your post!

-Alee

new topics

top topics

join