It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this chinnook spraying over my backyard?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: WP4YT

using chemical or biological agents is against the Geneva convention and about the worst thing you can do to another human being. I doubt that is the case. Fire training sounds very likely. If you ever wonder how those guys can put fires out and save people so well, it's because most of the time they aren't fighting fire, they are practicing doing it.

Eh... Maybe. But if the enemy uses it, it kind of gives us the green light to fight fire with fire. We may not actively use chemical and biological weapons, or at least haven't in a war in a long time. But we still keep a supply of them, and I'm sure they need to be occasionally tested...

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Doodle19815

The power company routinely sprays weed killer over their power line right of ways. I'm not saying that's what it was, but it's possible.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Where's all the "contrail" folks at?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I just want to point out to everyone that, the apparatus hanging under the CH-47, is notfire-fighting/suppression equipment. Period. So put that one to rest.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Incase this hasn't already been said.
This is a water bomber, probably carrying a bucket (although most of the larger choppers have internal or attachable belly tanks).

The trail is water spilling as it makes its way to a wildfire.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
whnt.com...

Try that link out. Looks like your Chinook to me. Apparently it's a de icing apparatus

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

Yes and no. It's a device used for conducting icing testing for fixed wing and rotorcraft.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Could be Monsanto spreading it's gmo seeds to grab more land? I'd point a laser at it.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: weavty1

Jesus. Picky picky. Fact is that the link I provided answers the OP's question.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

Yep, that is it! Thank you so much!

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Lol, not excited about what they are spraying, just excited to see them at work. Seriously, I know it sounds weird to you, but it is like running into a celebrity when I see these guys out. I love it.

I get super excited when I see aircraft that aren't common too. Every once in awhile Chinooks would fly over the off leash park I used to take my dog to (I should really look into where they were coming from), and I would get giddy like a schoolgirl.

Anyone know why I saw so many flying West over this spot? Seemed pretty darn low most of the time too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join