It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officials: 1 dead, 3 wounded in university shooting in Ariz.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog

And yet again you're banging the "everything is wrong except what I say" drum. Good Christ.

You're absolutely correct: I don't read everything you say because the overwhelming majority of it is a) factually inaccurate and b) the same drivel you posted three pages ago. Why should I continue to read you saying the same thing over and over again?

Do you need a gun to feel safe? I don't know. Will it make you feel better? Try it and find out. You're the one moaning about how "we" shouldn't have to carry guns to feel safe. I don't carry a gun to feel safe. I can only surmise from the way you worded it that you don't feel safe. Perhaps you should be a little less paranoid and you might feel safer.

link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Sometimes I feel like discussing with 5 year old.

You know, reason there were murders through history is that we had also different weapons through history.

Our ancestors figured out that sword and bows and all other weapon does not make us safer, thus we don't carry them any more.

Learn bit or two about history... before you make another unreasonable claim.

link   

originally posted by: SuperFrog
a reply to: Shamrock6

People willfully ignoring something in this case is evidence that links guns and violence.

I never said you are NRA member, but NRA's misinformation of public can influence your response.

That influence can be seen in posts like this, where everyone avoids arguing about elephant in the room.

At least now I know that I am arguing someone who is clearly not reading what is posted, which explains.

Not sure what you mean by 'man up a little'? Should I get gun to feel like man??

Is that the 'issue' here?

Thanks for explanation...

Also have a nice day...

a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Sure, show me good examples how guns help with self control...

Speaking of police force, just idea that they have to protect themselves with amount of gun we know we have today (more then people in USA) in order to protect and server public... there is a good reason police here and in rest of developed world are different things...

I've lived in Europe, and I can tell you that there you can feel safe without gun.

Don't you think that better gun laws would actually help in police/public relation??

Misinformation would be the thread title. It was a shooting that happened at 1:20 am and from the latest reports it was over an altercation that occurred. This is not a school shooting, it was an idiot that got hotheaded from an argument, pulled a gun and fired.

Misleading to say the least.....shows how the media just wants to jump the gun and get the break on something to make headlines.....

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

We are done here - because of us, I am only one who posted FACTS, while you are grasping straws and thin air.

Leave dream, we have not much to talk about anymore... will not respond to your insults... bye.

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Misinformation would be the thread title. It was a shooting that happened at 1:20 am and from the latest reports it was over an altercation that occurred. This is not a school shooting, it was an idiot that got hotheaded from an argument, pulled a gun and fired.

Misleading to say the least.....shows how the media just wants to jump the gun and get the break on something to make headlines.....

Shooting was on college, by students and that makes it issue, because kids in school should be safe.

It is incredible how people are just used to use of guns in violence...

edit on 9-10-2015 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

You know, reason there were murders through history is that we had also different weapons through history.

Our ancestors figured out that sword and bows and all other weapon does not make us safer, thus we don't carry them any more.

I know exactly how you say you feel.

No, the reason we don't carry them anymore is because we made other weapons that we carry now, yet somehow we managed to kill more than ever before guns....it's called advancement in technology. Similar to how you don't ride a horse and buggy to work anymore, but I am getting the feeling you don't understand this concept at all.

Learn a bit about anything....before you make another misleading thread spewing BS "researches" about a country you likely don't even live in on a subject you have no understanding of.
edit on 10/9/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Lol facts? No, you're not the only one who posted facts. "Facts" yes, but real facts, no. Your "facts" have been shredded up one side and down the other. At this point it's become nothing more than trying to save face and declare victory.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

It seems to me that soon you could learn new thing or two...

blogs.findlaw.com...

edit on 9-10-2015 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Well...they learned the same thing the American Indian did: that bows and arrows are a poor match for a gun.

So much so that it is a common saying: Don't bring a knife to a gun fight.

What our ancestors have never figured out, and we won't be trailblazers in this area either, is how to keep humans from killing each other. Hell, we institutionalize it. I struggle to think of a single war in the last century that couldn't have been avoided had people just tried (and put their own financial interests aside....war IS money, afterall).

If we are truly concerned about life, we could really make a big dent at preservation by reigning in our government. Focus the moneys spent killing folks 10,000 miles away into feeding the homeless in your own backyard. And I would guarantee that in the process, we would positively impact the amount of homocides we see within our own borders.

But that isn't profitable. Government doesn't want that. Government profits from death, while blaming someone else. Except, in this case....they are blaming (among others) me.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

It seems to me that soon you could learn new thing or two...

blogs.findlaw.com...

Your childish responses make it clear you are unable to articulate your already biased belief. You make no sense with this post at all. You clearly miss the actual argument I have posed about weapons prior to guns and I can only guess it is either you truly don't understand, are not from the US and it's a language thing, or are just being ignorant and trolling now because you have been shown to be incorrect.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I went to NAU and lived in that dorm. (many moons ago)

NAU is located in Flagstaff Arizona. It is a small mountain town that generates a substantial amount of its revenue from the University. NAU is often compared to Boulder, CO. Probably a pretty good comparison if you aren't factoring in the snow skiing.

Mountain View dorm is exclusively greek. Fraternities on one side, sororities on the other. This area is not known for crime. From what information I have found, it sounds like a melee started between two groups of students and a freshman decided to open fire.

Using the word "group" to describe the participants makes me believe it was related to the greek system. I'll bet (based on the time of the event) that at least two groups of students arrived home from the bar at the same time and trash talking escalated into a shooting.

It breaks my heart to see such a good school tainted with this shooting.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
So....here is a link to a lot of mass stabbings in the recent past.

Mass Stabbings

Now, let me know exactly how gun control would have helped here.

Most of them were in China with some of the strictest gun regulations in the world.....yet mass killings STILL happen.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Casimir

I went to NAU and lived in that dorm. (many moons ago)

NAU is located in Flagstaff Arizona. It is a small mountain town that generates a substantial amount of its revenue from the University. NAU is often compared to Boulder, CO. Probably a pretty good comparison if you aren't factoring in the snow skiing.

Mountain View dorm is exclusively greek. Fraternities on one side, sororities on the other. This area is not known for crime. From what information I have found, it sounds like a melee started between two groups of students and a freshman decided to open fire.

Using the word "group" to describe the participants makes me believe it was related to the greek system. I'll bet (based on the time of the event) that at least two groups of students arrived home from the bar at the same time and trash talking escalated into a shooting.

It breaks my heart to see such a good school tainted with this shooting.

I think the point here is that the OP has a misleading title as if this was in intended school shooting, which it was not. It could just as easily have happened at a bar or a parking lot. The shooter did not target this school to intentionally shoot students. It was because of an argument that escalated...nothing calculated about this incident....OP seems to just not be able to admit when wrong.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

There is a lot of things we agree on.

Specifics about why cant you carry bladed weapon is posted earlier. I remember reading discussion on Quora about it.

I agree, interests are at stake... and some profit out of it... always will be...

@ Vasa Croe - I posted links to research regarding gun violence before, those are facts, and you repeating your self without sign of evidence is proof of nothing... sorry... time you join Shamrock6, with difference, if you show some evidence or contradict evidence I showed, I might respond to you, otherwise you're just on ignore...

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

There is a lot of things we agree on.

Specifics about why cant you carry bladed weapon is posted earlier. I remember reading discussion on Quora about it.

I agree, interests are at stake... and some profit out of it... always will be...

@ Vasa Croe - I posted links to research regarding gun violence before, those are facts, and you repeating your self without sign of evidence is proof of nothing... sorry... time you join Shamrock6, with difference, if you show some evidence or contradict evidence I showed, I might respond to you, otherwise you're just on ignore...

I did, and from countries that have implemented what you want. I have now posted data on China and Australia. Neither of which has seen a decline in homicide from strict gun regulations.

I could care less whether or not you respond to me. You thread has been picked apart since the beginning and is now proven to be just another misinformed hype piece as it was not a school shooting in the manner in which you are meaning it.

Keep moving the goal posts Superfrog....

Again...care to explain how China, with its extremely regulated gun laws, STILL has mass killings, many with a lot more victims and school shootings? I mean based on your belief these things should NOT be happening, yet they are.

And again...what is the common denominator here? PEOPLE....not guns, not knives, not swords, not hammers.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!!
Personal attacks, bickering, snarky comments, name-calling stop now!!!

If you are wondering if this is about you, please read the following....You are responsible for your own posts.

*** ALL MEMBERS *** Ending Rudeness, Hate, Bigotry: Getting Back to Basics

We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

Community Announcement re: Decorum

There will be consequences to those who ignore this reminder.....

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

Thread reopened at 1:00PM EDT

edit on Fri Oct 9 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Sure is a lot of shootings and other things happening ever since Russia started bombing in Syria..........

Very nicely orchestrated situations......

Im not one for conspiracies about crazed shooters, but this is just too convenient given we just signed the Iran deal, Obama is parading around, and now we have the ME Mushroom cloud Continuing to grow with Russia and Iran joining forces into the fray.......

Shootings all over TV, Obama going to visit causing controversy and dominating the news.......all around the time this all came out with the ME

Whats the other hand doing?
edit on 10/9/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Too many are willing to blame meds also.
Has anyone ever thought that there would be more killings without the meds?.

Maybe in all those "other" killings. i.e. robberies, gang, etc. But in the case of these public mass shootings, (at least the last 3 - 4) it's a FACT that the shooters were on medication or had been prescribed medication. I would like to start seeing some toxicology reports on these mass shooters.

on topic, I heard this was regarding a dispute between some students.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Today there was another campus shooting, not mentioned here - this time Texas.

HOUSTON — Two students were killed in separate shootings Friday on college campuses in Texas and Arizona, rattling the nerves of students, teachers and parents eight days after a rampage left 10 people dead at Umpqua Community College in Oregon.

Unlike the attack in Oregon and other mass shootings at colleges and schools in recent years, the two on Friday were not so-called active-shooter episodes, but instead appeared to stem from ordinary disputes and altercations that quickly turned violent.

Here in Houston, a shooting outside a student housing complex at Texas Southern University shortly before noon put the campus on lockdown and led administrators to cancel classes for the day. The motive was unknown, but one student was killed and another man wounded. Their names were not released.

The shooting appeared to be the fourth on or near the campus since August, and although officials said two people had been detained, the suspect believed to be the gunman remained at large.

www.nytimes.com...

What are you talking about??? We have multiple times more gun violence then both of those countries. Actually we are very close to Iraq, only Afghanistan is ahead of us?! Please read this...

www.humanosphere.org...

Do you understand that there is a gap between USA and rest of 'developed' world??

People magazine publishes congressmen info in article that does not side with pro-gun or pro-regulation, but list is just result of them being fed up with frequent gun violence reports... They call for action... time to write...

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Nope.

The shooting in Texas happened at an apartment complex used for student housing nearly a mile away from the campus. The same apartment complex has had three shootings in less than six weeks.

Fact.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Nope.

The shooting in Texas happened at an apartment complex used for student housing nearly a mile away from the campus. The same apartment complex has had three shootings in less than six weeks.

Fact.

Watch the gun control nuts start a meme "All Shootings Matter".

Oops, did I just give them an idea?

edit on 9-10-2015 by Moresby because: I was being chased by a debunker!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join