It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the Sun Revolve Around the Earth, or does the Earth Revolve Around the Sun?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: occrest

Three problems. Explain why the Sun, which is bright enough to light objects FAR further than Earth millions of miles away, cant light up parts of Earth 1,000 miles away?

Then explain how in that map you can travel from Australia to Antarctica and back in a few hours.

Now explain how the moon is illuminated.

Sorry. Does not work.

I will use the following graphic for my illustration:

The sun, moon and stars are in the firmament over the earth, so there is no "million miles away" What we see thru our telescopes are just stars. Some of them are wandering, which we call planets, named after the ancient gods of rome.

Australia to Antarctica and back, in a few hours? simple...go south, then go north. South is away from the center of the plane.

The moon is luminescent, not illuminated from an outside source. It actually has a 'cold' light. The temperature is cooler in moonlight than it is in night shadows. the following video is an amateur experiment on such an idea.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: occrest

Three problems. Explain why the Sun, which is bright enough to light objects FAR further than Earth millions of miles away, cant light up parts of Earth 1,000 miles away?

Then explain how in that map you can travel from Australia to Antarctica and back in a few hours.

Now explain how the moon is illuminated.

Sorry. Does not work.

The moon is luminescent, not illuminated from an outside source. It actually has a 'cold' light. The temperature is cooler in moonlight than it is in night shadows. the following video is an amateur experiment on such an idea.

Explain crescent moon.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   

I will use the following graphic for my illustration:

The sun, moon and stars are in the firmament over the earth, so there is no "million miles away" What we see thru our telescopes are just stars. Some of them are wandering, which we call planets, named after the ancient gods of rome.

Except we know that's not true and you can use a telescope to see the planets and see them illuminated by the sun. You can do this personally.

Australia to Antarctica and back, in a few hours? simple...go south, then go north. South is away from the center of the plane.

Did you even look at the map hahahahaha. On the map you posted it's about a 30 hour flight from Aus to Antarctica. You would have to fly the entire length of the Earth. Aus is on the top right, Ant is on the bottom left. It's only "south" on a round Earth globe.

So to get there and back would require over 2 days and no plane could do it, it would run out of fuel and crash. Yet you personally can tomorrow get on a plane and do it in a few hours.

If the moon was luminescent we would not see different phases of the moon. We do. That means it IS illuminated by an outside source, namely the sun.
edit on 9-10-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   
It is nearly 2:30 am here where i am..I am going to bed. There is plenty of information about the Flat Earth available on the web. If you guys are here to truly DENY IGNORANCE, as the site motto says, i encourage you to examine this question without the preconceived notion of a globular earth. Only a complete examination of the evidence will convince me one way or the other. So far, the evidence of a ball earth doesn't seem to stack up, in my opinion.

Ya'll have a good night.

Oh, and i just found a video concerning eclipses on a flat earth. I am going to watch this as i call it a night. I leave it here for you to enjoy.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   

I have read it all. I just debunked it. You have zero answers to my questions. Explain Aus to antarctica and back in a few hours.
edit on 9-10-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Photographs of sunbeams thru the clouds tell me the sun is close, and not far away.
Follow the light rays to where they converge above the clouds and you will see what i mean.
Follow the train tracks to where they converge and that tells you that they converge not far away, right? But is that what really happens? Or are both photographs illusions, suggesting a convergence which really isn't there?

My hypothesis is that the train tracks aren't getting closer together at all, it only looks that way. The sun's rays are almost parallel also.

edit on 2015109 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Did you even look at the map hahahahaha. On the map you posted it's about a 30 hour flight from Aus to Antarctica. So to get there and back would require over 2 days and no plane could do it, it would run out of fuel and crash. Yet you personally can tomorrow get on a plane and do it in a few hours.
please link/post a pic of the map in question.

once again, i don't have all the answers. I am new to all of this. when i do have answers, i will post what i find, when i find them. As it is, it has been a real head-turner having to completely rewrite my way of thinking.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   
dp
edit on 20152015-10-09T04:30:47-05:002015-10-09T04:30:47-05:00Fri, 09 Oct 2015 04:30:47 -0500America/Chicago4731 by occrest because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   

It is nearly 2:30 am here where i am..I am going to bed. There is plenty of information about the Flat Earth available on the web. If you guys are here to truly DENY IGNORANCE, as the site motto says, i encourage you to examine this question without the preconceived notion of a globular earth. Only a complete examination of the evidence will convince me one way or the other. So far, the evidence of a ball earth doesn't seem to stack up, in my opinion.

Ya'll have a good night.

Oh, and i just found a video concerning eclipses on a flat earth. I am going to watch this as i call it a night. I leave it here for you to enjoy.

That video cannot coincide with your previous video on how the sun illuminates the earth, lol.

Good night. (It's night time because the sun has set). I look forward to your wild junk theory tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Did you even look at the map hahahahaha. On the map you posted it's about a 30 hour flight from Aus to Antarctica. So to get there and back would require over 2 days and no plane could do it, it would run out of fuel and crash. Yet you personally can tomorrow get on a plane and do it in a few hours.

once again, i don't have all the answers. I am new to all of this. when i do have answers, i will post what i find, when i find them. As it is, it has been a real head-turner having to completely rewrite my way of thinking.

Why would you rewrite anything when flat Earth makes no sense and round Earth explains everything perfectly. You posted the map. Aus and Ant are all the way across the world on your map.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Flat Earth debunked.

www.antarcticaflights.com.au...

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   

I have read it all. I just debunked it and you decided to run. You have zero answers to my questions. Explain Aus to antarctica and back in a few hours.

I did not run. I am just slow to type, working on an ancient computer, and very tired. I am also being inundated with queries that i honestly have no answer to at this current time. I have only been studying Flat Earth for a few months, as opposed to the many years studying the heliocentric universe. It is a lot to take in. If you wish to be rude about this, then this discussion is over. However, If you wish to be courteous, and are willing to study this out together without ridicule or abasement, i will be happy to continue, albeit at a later time as it is late here.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Yes, you did not run. You said you were leaving, so I said that. You stayed, statement retracted I will edit it too.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Why would you rewrite anything when flat Earth makes no sense and round Earth explains everything perfectly. You posted the map. Aus and Ant are all the way across the world on your map.
I posted no map, unless it was included in a video that i posted (none of which are mine) This is the map i thought you were talking about, which i think is a true representation of what our earth is.
Antarctica is the outer ice ring, according to this map.
edit on 20152015-10-09T04:42:43-05:002015-10-09T04:42:43-05:00Fri, 09 Oct 2015 04:42:43 -0500America/Chicago4331 by occrest because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Explain lunar eclipse (without posting random video that contradicts your previous random video).

Explain why I cannot find the sun in my high-powered telescope at night (like I have previous asked you to explain).

I'm being courteous, just for the record.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   

I posted no map, unless it was included in a video that i posted (none of which are mine) This is the map i thought you were talking about, which i think is a true representation of what our earth is.
Antarctica is the outer ice ring, according to this map.

A quick flight from Aus to Antarctica will show it's not some weird outer ring and an actual continent (like the one near South america on that map). That map is debunked literally every single day and you can take a flight to do so any time you want.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Interesting and starred. However, from a relativistic standpoint it depends on your frame of reference. In the case of the proton and electron in the Hydrogen atom, you can pick either as the 'fixed element'.

If you choose the proton because it is 1836 times the mass of the electron, as the center that's conventional. But it's not the only way. If you choose the electron as the center you find there are effects of spin and charge imparted to the proton by the now (in a new frame of reference) orbiting Proton.

So it's not just an illusion, there are actually spin and charge effects you can measure.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
Never mind.

good call

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maverick7
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Interesting and starred. However, from a relativistic standpoint it depends on your frame of reference. In the case of the proton and electron in the Hydrogen atom, you can pick either as the 'fixed element'.

I made that same point earlier
That's a different argument than this one though.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I thought the mechanics of the universe were such that it's really something of a grand spiral. The sun is not static and fixed but in motion and the earth revolves around it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join