It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rant Icon Image

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Did you guys know that it's from a linoleum cutting that was used to make a print by running it through an ink press? I wanted to know where you got the image, because I had been shown it back when I was in 2-D Art during the linoleum cutting unit. I saw the actual linoleum that had been cut to make the print. This isn't much of a rant, but I've been meaning to say something. I was shocked when I first saw it because I know that someone from my high school made it. Just wondering if that person is on here, or where the image was found and if proper credit has been given to whoever the artist is. Because it was a really fantastic and emotive piece and while I'm sure that person wouldn't mind his or her art being used, I want to make sure that ATS isn't stealing the image. Thank you.
edit on 8-10-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia

It's available as a stock image and used quite a lot across the web if you reverse search it. As it lends itself to lino, the example you saw might have been based on the stock or the artist sold their image.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

sweet! thank you. Yes--I hadn't even thought of that. The person could have definitely copied it.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia

No worries

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
wy not change the icon to donald trump?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: yeahsurexxx

This was a guy who tried to trademark the term, "You're fired". What do you think he'd do to anyone using his likeness?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

It would be an arguments between him and Sir Alan Sugar, as both of them could copyright it.

If it was a British show first, I think Sir Alan would get it.

Or some money for the BBC? So they can stop making money from the TV Licence

new topics

top topics

join