It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Will Historians in 2065 Say About This Time Period We Now In - 2015?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Although I don't anticipate being alive 50 years from now, unless some super life extending pill is invented, I sometimes wonder about this.

How will historians describe this time period? Will it be judged harshly as backwards or inferior, or admired?

Will historians wonder why issues that seem very complicated today even existed?

What things will be the same as they are now?

What things will no longer exist?

Will many cures be discovered for certain diseases that have plagued mankind for centuries?

Will man have ventured out into space and have large populations on other planets?

Your thoughts or comments will be appreciated.

(Mods please feel free to move this to the correct forum as appropriate. I have been away from ATS for a long while for various reasons, and it appears several posting procedures have changed over the years.)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
They will probably say what the media and government want them to say.

Political correctness is way out of hand and by then everything will be "wonderful".

If we as a species even make it that long.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I'd like to be optimistic and think, historians will say we finally made it out of the hell hole where are in.

Peace

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Kids in 2065 will know as much about 2015 as kids today know about 1965..... Damn little.

We will just have to wait and see what happens but I will be an old fart by then...lol

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

So assuming we make it that long, a real life utopia, or just imagined as in living in the matrix?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: InnerPeace2012
I'd like to be optimistic and think, historians will say we finally made it out of the hell hole where are in.

Peace

I sincerely hope you are right...sometimes I wonder however what will it take to make that happen?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: manta78

What Will Historians in 2065 Say About This Time Period We Now In - 2015?

29th scroll, 6th verse.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Wow. Kind of hard to respond to that one....but definitely appreciate your taking the time to post.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: manta78

Peace

I sincerely hope you are right...sometimes I wonder however what will it take to make that happen?

Yeah when the evil people get the powers removed from their hand then power goes back to the people who can elect real leaders to pave the way for our future.

Right now, as much as I hate to say it, if it ain't for a major war, things will be business as usual. Sad but true!
edit on 8-10-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01
They will probably say what the media and government want them to say.

Insightful. Wish I'd thought of it first.

So if they have permission to speak freely, they'll say we were all zoned out staring at screens large and small, oblivious to the real world around us, to the point that we may as well have been brains-in-a-jar connected directly to said devices. Or, they'll say that's why THEY ended up that way.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Good question.

I honestly think this era will be looked back at mostly with facepalms as a modern mini dark age.

It will be viewed in hindsight as the point where capitalism morphed into very blatant corporatism, mostly through unbridled greed by the richest of the rich - but also enabled willingly by the apathy of those too busy keeping up with the Kardashians to notice.

It will also be looked at with disdain as a time where so much economic and environmental damage was left behind for 2065, but the worst part about it is the fact that, unlike some previous generations, we actually knew we were doing this, and just let it all burn anyway.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Peace

Yeah when the evil people get the powers removed from their hand then power goes back to the people who can elect real leaders to pave the way for our future.

Right now, as much as I hate to say it, if it ain't for a major war, things will be business as usual. Sad but true!

Ironic isn't? Kind of like fresh new green seedlings emerging after a forest fire that has blackened an entire area. Life changes and renews itself....

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

No self expression allowed, we might offend someone.

In the future that is.

No utopia, just robotic like movements throughout.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Peace

Ironic isn't? Kind of like fresh new green seedlings emerging after a forest fire that has blackened an entire area. Life changes and renews itself....

Totally agree with you there! As it has ,always been thoughtout history, the fall of every great nation is the harbinger of new world order, hopefully a peaceful one that is.

Peace

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01

No self expression allowed, we might offend someone.

In the future that is.

No utopia, just robotic like movements throughout.

I really hope that is not in the future. Sounds like a society of borgs.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Peace

We need a hero. Seriously. Somebody with scruples and good intent to capture the public eye for admirable reasons. We just don't have any good role models right now, who are also popular in the public eye.

Or we need a shared focus. Like the space race during the Apollo years. A good dream we can all share, instead of all these nightmares we've been sharing!

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: mc_squared

Good question.

I honestly think this era will be looked back at mostly with facepalms as a modern mini dark age.

It will be viewed in hindsight as the point where capitalism morphed into very blatant corporatism, mostly through unbridled greed by the richest of the rich - but also enabled willingly by the apathy of those too busy keeping up with the Kardashians to notice.

It will also be looked at with disdain as a time where so much economic and environmental damage was left behind for 2065, but the worst part about it is the fact that, unlike some previous generations, we actually knew we were doing this, and just let it all burn anyway.

So in a nutshell you are saying we are in a "Dancing with the Stars" mindset. I have seen that and it is disturbing.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

Peace

We need a hero. Seriously. Somebody with scruples and good intent to capture the public eye for admirable reasons. We just don't have any good role models right now, who are also popular in the public eye.

Or we need a shared focus. Like the space race during the Apollo years. A good dream we can all share, instead of all these nightmares we've been sharing!

I agree 100%. Thanks for your comment!

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   

The biggest news from our period in history could be the start of the turn-around of the human race from a natural resource planet destroying species (we are the only animal who destroys forests on purpose) into one that began to think of putting the environment to work for both us and itself. Solar energy will grow massively in the next decade, especially once transparent solar panels become commonplace and cheap (every window in every city will someday be solar energy collectors), and that will be seen as historic (such a short time between the oil age coming into being and the solar age emerging from and because of it).

Then, at some point soon, an active concern for the forests and oceans and other life forms - a literal caring for all of nature - will have to be made a governmental, business, and societal priority. Much of the start of that comes from our historical era. And in "Our Place in the Universe" history, just imagine/remember the discoveries and advances in space exploration and basic exploratory physics that have been made in the last 25 years (or 25 days), exoplanets and Higgs, water everywhere in the universe and the next big thing that CERN will churn out.

We live in historical times, and the historians fifty years from now, with 20-20 hindsight, will likely call it a truly golden age of knowledge and principled-technology expansion.
edit on 8-10-2015 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Hopefully 50 years from now we will have sorted out the educational issues that truly hold us back. Sadly , the expression "common sense isn't so common" is more prevalent nowadays than any time in history.

teach teach teach. Education is the ONLY answer for humans.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join