It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Bible Crazy" Thats What Us Southerners Call It.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
This is not a Kim Davis thread but she comes to mind when I say the term "Bible Crazy" "BC" for short, just wanted to get that out of the way. My rant is about some of the people around here that are "BC". Im sick of them. I had a scary conversation with a "BC" person a few nights ago, an older neighbor that just moved in next door. Here is how it went. Mind You I have never spoken to her before, she doesn't know a thing about me.

She says hi and walks over and tells me that I need to educate myself in politics because our country is going to hell. I became addicted to politics back when Ron Paul was around, to me that is an insult. Never spoken to her before and that's the first thing out of her mouth is to assume I know nothing about politics. So I asked her for some specific things about what is going to hell and gay marriage was her main concern and that was about it, not the economy or anything else, just that . I told her I could care less and it didn't bother me a bit and that there is no way it affects me OR her. She didn't like that, she said it was Kim Davis job to save the gays from "THE ACTION" of getting married and its a Christian country so everyone should follow their rules. So I destroyed her fairly quickly with some mind your own business, stop trying to help people who don't want it, no one cares what You think or me so stop acting 2000 years old and the crazy beeyatch looked me straight in the eye and said, "You need to look up Ted Cruz, he is an amazing man and do You ever listen to Rush Limbaugh". Seriously, I am not making this up. So she says she is catholic and I laughed and asked her why all of her priests are gay but hate gays and she said "no no no, its only 4% in the catholic church and more in others". That's when I realized she had gone "Bible Crazy"! Again, seriously, I cant make this shiz up. Her son is a cop so I have to be nice, so the destroying didn't quite work with someone that says "no" in the middle of every sentence. Honestly, Ive been around some real nut bags in my life being from here , I live on the beach so its kind of a melting pot but she scared me. She is actually from a northern state which is surprising because she was way more warped than the southern Christians Im familiar with. My grandma used the term "Bible Crazy", my cousin became a Jehovas witness and tried to convert us all, LOL, ,,,so I smoothed it over and told her that I think Megyn Kelly is hot , that's about as close as I could come to her Fox point of view but oh the things I would have said if her son wasn't a cop. ANY taxpaying citizen deserves equality and people need to mind their own business, that's my views. I left out the Kim Davis but that did come up. So I have all of this stuff I didn't get to say so the next "BC" person that comes along better watch out . Thank You for reading my rant.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Foderalover

I've got some news for you, judging by this rant, she's not the only one who has some crazy-intolerant prejudices showing.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
It seems like the ones who are really really religious seem to be really really political too. It's almost like their political and religious beliefs are inseparable and they can't talk about one without talking about the other.

I think I know why. Religion was created as a political tool so that people would ignore all the lies politicians tell them because they jabbered on about their religious beliefs and values. It's like religion is used by politicians to gain voters and support despite what their actual record is. I know plenty of people who would vote for someone solely based on what religion or political party they claim to be a part of. It's really sad but it makes sense, both politics and religion are built on lies and deception. That's why the hardcore Christians usually can't seem to differentiate the two.

I'm pretty sure the bible says something about not conforming to the world, it seems like that's impossible for the evangelical crowd. If you're into politics and vote, you're conforming to the world.
edit on 10/8/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Holy wall of text Batman...

Sounds like while you were so intent on "destroying" this person, some of her intolerance and ignorance might have rubbed off on you in the process. I'm sure you absolutely laid waste to her in the end though, with your stunning, acerbic wit. We can all breathe a little easier now that this rascal has been outed. You are a true hero.

edit on 31378America/ChicagoThu, 08 Oct 2015 20:37:29 -050031pm31280America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Regressive nutter is a serious condition and it's becoming a pandemic...

Just 5 dollars a month can help us research a cure for this mentally fatal illness.

Be sure to donate now before you catch it and become apathetic to all other types of suffering except a victimisation complex of yourself.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

I remember growing up in the 70's and not really seeing this, even in the early 80's.
It wasn't until Reagan showed up and Tipper Gore with her bs about satan and music that the world started to go full ape s###.
The religious right and the super sized evangelical churches swept the nation and destroyed countless lives with their corrupt sheep herding destructive techniques.

Now this, coupled with the internet, we are left with the aftermath, far worse than heroin junkies; super ignorant BCs.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Well that's just a bad day, hopefully you can just ignore her crazy, though she doesn't sound the type that will just leave you in peace.
Her kind are compelled to announce their stupidity to the world.

Too bad there are so many religulous ruining the world, this could be a really nice rock if they all suddenly went bye bye.

Seriously, think about all the hate, violence & death that would end immediately if suddenly there were no religion.

K~

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Wait just a "bible crazy" minute! I want to make sure I'm understanding this tale correctly...

You greeted her, and she immediately started in with the politics and religion? Nothing you said beforehand brought it up? Is that right?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen
Was that what is called "sarcasm" ? If so , I am getting better at this

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: NowWhat

I remember growing up in the 70's and not really seeing this, even in the early 80's.
It wasn't until Reagan showed up and Tipper Gore with her bs about satan and music that the world started to go full ape s###.
The religious right and the super sized evangelical churches swept the nation and destroyed countless lives with their corrupt sheep herding destructive techniques.

Now this, coupled with the internet, we are left with the aftermath, far worse than heroin junkies; super ignorant BCs.

Hey , what about Bush and Cheney . They have a right to be blamed in this also.

On - topic - This is the way of most of the bible belt and has been for as long as I remember. And I am from as far south as you can go (well , there is one more state , but it doesnt count in this topic) . We had what we called rip-snorting fire and brimstone churches. Dont let anyone fool ya by saying this is something new.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

Holy wall of text Batman...

Sounds like while you were so intent on "destroying" this person, some of her intolerance and ignorance might have rubbed off on you in the process. I'm sure you absolutely laid waste to her in the end though, with your stunning, acerbic wit. We can all breathe a little easier now that this rascal has been outed. You are a true hero.

That was good

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
Wait just a "bible crazy" minute! I want to make sure I'm understanding this tale correctly...

You greeted her, and she immediately started in with the politics and religion? Nothing you said beforehand brought it up? Is that right?

Oh, I believe him. I find my area of MI to be pretty laid back & somewhat liberal for a "northern bible belt", but there are some serious bible-to-crotch grinders up here who open their yap to anyone. The guy behind us in a check-out line that suggested since we're from the south, we should still vote for the Republican candidates about poo'd himself when my husband (jokingly) said "Oh, we vote communist." Hubby barely made it to the door before cracking up.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   

It seems to me that there is a significant difference between faith and indoctrination. Faith comes of living, indoctrination comes of brainwashing. Living in faith does not produce verse spewing pontification. It produces compassion, love, respect, and decency.

Everything else is mere facade, or worse, conditioning.

Unfortunately, faith, in my extensive experience, is less common than indoctrination. I have met countless men and women down the years, who could not resist using the words of the Bible in a vain attempt to justify a savage and heartless political standpoint. I have met fewer folk who used the Bible as a tool for the betterment of the lives of the needy, as a stanchion upon which to build freedom and care in communities, rather than to cement already entrenched positions.

The person you dealt with has been indoctrinated, mind controlled by the worst of what the organised Church claims is Christianity. Largely speaking, the political entity of the Church can behave as a backward, and often directly anti-Christian entity, absent any understanding of, or indeed loyalty to the word and spirit of Jesus Christ, and it is from that poisoned well that such things issue.

Only acts of love, compassion, and a desire to see the weak made strong, and the powerless enabled, can be said to truly issue from the heart of Christ. Wherever the hungry are fed, the sick healed, the naked clothed, and the endangered protected, one can find Jesus. Wherever those things are furthest from the minds of parishioners, you find something...else.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
why is it that almost all the mentally ill homeless ive run across want to talk to me about god?

seriously if you live in a fairly populated city and take public transportation you know exactly what im talking about
edit on 9-10-2015 by fartlordsupreme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Wow that wall of text was tough to read....

Soooo... tl:dr a right wing Christian moved next door and proceeded to make your life hell from minute 1? I hope you don't do anything illicit in that household.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I just love it when your hands touch the keyboards and they turn into "Morgan Freeman", suddenly everything is less convoluted and your golden hands explain everything simplistically.

Always a fan of your TrueBrit,

SK

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Isn't Kim Davis on her 4th or 5th marriage, and her son was the result of an affair? Go Bible!

top topics

join