It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

yoga for people of color

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Ahh its so great to see progress in this day an age, not!!!

Apparently , this business owner has no problems with discriminating against whites. Perhaps its time that we need to drop the racist card and start dealing the idiot card. From what I have seen idiocy does not appear to discriminate.

An email blast about the class says it's aimed at people of color and of all sexualities, ages, body sizes, abilities, genders, and experience with yoga. It specifically identifies "lesbian, bisexual, gay, queer and trans-friendly/affirming," plus people who self-identify as "African American/black/of the African Diaspora, Asian, South Asian, West Asian/Arab/Middle Eastern, Pacific Islander, First Nations/Alaskan Native/Native American/Indigenous, Chican/Latin, or Multiracial/Mixed-Race." The email adds that "white friends, allies and partners are respectfully asked not to attend."

The interesting part of this is , it appears that a local newscaster is pushing the issue to see what happens when the cards are reversed. Apparently they contacted the state attorney about this.

Washington State Attorney General Bob Ferguson previously told Dori that his office would go after any business that discriminates against a specific group of people. Dori wants to know if Ferguson will stick to his word.

"Now we're gonna find out if my instincts about the attorney general and about our state government [are right] — using the power of government to go after the Christian florist in the Tri-Cities who didn't want to do the gay wedding ceremony. Will they also go after the yoga studio that discriminates against people based on their skin color?" he said.

mynorthwest.com...
edit on 021031America/ChicagoThu, 08 Oct 2015 20:02:10 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Source?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
My personal opinion.....whatever. Hey, maybe they have a lot of rhythmic exercises. Let's face it, we dance worse. The only Black dude I've seen with no rhythm is Bill Cosby.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
My personal opinion.....whatever. Hey, maybe they have a lot of rhythmic exercises. Let's face it, we dance worse. The only Black dude I've seen with no rhythm is Bill Cosby.

Carlton from Fresh Prince of Bel Air.

I'd prefer reading this from the source before commenting, but if the article rings true, I hope the AG files the motion and shuts them down. Much the same as "compromise" where only one side gains something is no compromise, "equality" in which one side receives special benefits and consideration is not equality at all.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Oops, good catch. I guess I earned my idiot card.

I added the source to the OP.
edit on 141031America/ChicagoThu, 08 Oct 2015 20:14:02 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
If this is the one from Infowars ?

www.infowars.com...

It's ok by me.

I don't do yoga.
edit on 8-10-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

LOL, Well being that I'm Hispanic I can tell you that I have no rhythm as well.

Its their right to do what ever stupid thing they want.

My only problem at the end of the day is that there is a double standard which is not good for society to move past racism.

Also in this day an age anyone that still wants to exclude a person from any activity based on their color is pretty worthless in my book.
edit on 151031America/ChicagoThu, 08 Oct 2015 20:15:04 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Yoga for colored people pfft!, I guess the legend said it himself, "It don't matter if your black or white"

By the way am brown and my blood is red. You can't see that past my avatar because it doesn't matter. Peace

edit on 8-10-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-10-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: edit to add comment

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Ya... I read this earlier...will the AG let it stand though, because it is unconstitutional to allow this but force the florist or baker whichever it was to do the gay wedding.

Personally, i think it should be legal, and the baker should be able to deny service to anyone he wants to.

But im into freedom

Merica!!!!

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

Ya... I read this earlier...will the AG let it stand though, because it is unconstitutional to allow this but force the florist or baker whichever it was to do the gay wedding.

Personally, i think it should be legal, and the baker should be able to deny service to anyone he wants to.

But im into freedom

Merica!!!!

Yeah I agree with you. its the business owners right to be an @ss. . The double standard is what annoys me and I'm neither white nor religious and fully Straight. However, in the end any type of discrimination based on color, sexuality or religion is equally repulsive to me.

I also see where allowing one type of discrimination to be accepted or overlooked by society will eventually lead to history repeating itself and hate.

edit on 211031America/ChicagoThu, 08 Oct 2015 20:21:28 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

If by rhythmic exercises you mean twerking, then yes.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Lol! what an idiot. I am white and I do yoga, but I have no desire to do it in a room full of racists haha.! I'll just attend my usual 'all are welcome' practice :-p
I agree with you all- will be interesting to see if they use the double standard maneuver.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

But im into freedom

Merica!!!!

Really? Still? Sorry but I think all the Whaaaambulances are busy at this time. May I offer some cheese to go with that whine? My point? What's your point?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
but these people vote. they help direct the future of our country.

it explains so much....

If i ever start feeling dumb, i can always read the news for a few stories to boost my ego a bit.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

But im into freedom

Merica!!!!

Really? Still? Sorry but I think all the Whaaaambulances are busy at this time. May I offer some cheese to go with that whine? My point? What's your point?

Huh?

I dont get it

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I really had to do a double take when I read the title of this thread, it almost did not sink in or register just because of how it was worded. ._.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
So how is this political? True or not?

Why is it in Political Madness?

As to the topic? Who cares.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I think the political side is to see what the answer will be to the question: "will antidescrimination policies be applied across all spectrums, or is the average white person allowed to be discriminated against?"

Obviously straight Caucasians who want to do yoga with alternate lifestyle yoga enthusiasts and minorities care...

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I think the political side is to see what the answer will be to the question: "will antidescrimination policies be applied across all spectrums, or is the average white person allowed to be discriminated against?"

Obviously straight Caucasians who want to do yoga with alternate lifestyle yoga enthusiasts and minorities care...

I identify as a trans race black lesbian.

Can i go?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I identify as a trans race black lesbian.

Can i go?

Only on the First and Third Wednesdays of each month and not at any of the company's Bible Belt locations.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join