It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm sick and the Dr's are clueless

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
It all started about two months ago, I was having localized abdomen pain in the lower right quadrant for the first day I shrugged it off and did my best to work through it on the second day I decided it might be something worth having checked out. So to the ER I went after hours inside the er and thinking it was apendicitis the CT scan showed my appendix was in fine shape, though my spleen was inlarged and I had some calcification on my prostate a follow up was scheduled with my primary care dr. After a prostate exam and conformation of the enlarged prostate a colonoscopy was ordered and I patiently waited the 3 weeks for it to come all while suffering the abdomen pain. Finally the day arrived where I was to find out what is wrong with me after completing the exam the dr came in to chat with me explaining that everything looked good and he saw no signs of anything wrong but he couldn't be sure until the biopsy was back. I eagerly awaited the return of the results only for them to be negative for any gi related illnesses. The next step was a gi xray and for those of you who have had to drink the beryum mixture for one of those I am sorry it is worse than the suprep that I took to prep for the colonoscopy. Again the results were negative for any gi related illness. My primary care dr I believe is grasping at straws hoping it's a gluten intolerance or celiac disease despite me being in my 30s and have had zero signs of either before. I am currently waiting for my referral to the areas best hospital and maybe just maybe they will be able to help but who knows.

The things they thought it could be thus far.
Cancer ruled out via blood test
Crones ruled out via colonoscopy
Celiac
Gluten intolerance
Kinder stones
Apendicitis
And maybe more they never told.me.about.

I'm scared to be honest and I am tired of the constant pain it ranges on a good day 310 and on a bad day a 9/10 and is often times somewhere in the middle.

I hope this was the right section to post this in if not mods feel free to move it. I apologize for the manner this is typed out I'm currently on my phone so no spell or Grammer check.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: crimsongod21

Best advice? Research your symptoms on the internet, and when you find what clicks with your symptoms that the doctors do not recognize, find a doctor willing to listen to you.

Seems you have all the tests already done, but doctors who are too focused on what they think the problem may be without thinking outside the box?

Anyhow, I wish you the best!

PS: Don't tell the doctor you researched your illness on the internet! Totally pisses them off!

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Pain is the only symptom?

Is there anything you can point to that might be aggravating your pain when it goes from 3/10 to 9/10?

I'm not a doctor but would be willing to dig in to research some ideas.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Im no doc but gluten sensitivity can set in over time. Its not actually the gluten that causes the problem. The gluten gets caught up in the intestines and alters the gut permeability. Now things that should have passed through are able to get past the intestinal linings. Any number of things coild be causing any number of things at that point. Over time, more gluten leads to more permeability and it gets worse.

Thats my understanding anyhow. I eat gluten now, but went off it for some time. I feel the difference and its noticeable.

With everything tested being negative, you should try an elimination diet to see if that helps. Its hard, but when you start to feel the physiological differences with which fuel you feed your body, well... you can read all about it everywhere.

Hope you feel better. Also, have they checked the gall bladder?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Where is the pain? Under your ribcage or further down, below your waist? Did your doctor mention gall bladder?

Have you tried an elimination diet? I tested negative for Celiac, but my symptoms cleared up when I eliminated gluten, so I'm gluten intolerant. I have NEVER been intolerant before. It just appeared one day, I was sick for 2 months, and finally figured it out. My doctor was worthless.

I would do elimination diets for gluten, lactose, fat, sugar. Eliminate each one for 3-4 days and see if you have any change in symptoms.

Also, what is your diet like?
edit on 10/8/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

What type of pain is it? Burning? Stabbing etc

I hope we can find some kind of help on here for you. Even something to give you hope.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Have you been under a lot of stress lately? I went through a period in my life where it was pretty bad, and I developed IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome). I had all the tests as well, nothing found. It can be surprisingly painful, like double you over painfull. My husband said I would moan with pain in my sleep. I have it under control now, but I do have trigger foods that I avoid. Aloe Vera juice and raw ginger helped quite a bit. I am not saying that is what you have, but it is worth a little research.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Gallstones. Have them check for it.

What causes Gallstones

Hope this helps you out

Sirric

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Did they do all your lab work ups? If they did ask for copies of those too. You can always have your doctor send you to a clinic where a "team" of physicians look at all your results. Sometimes a single doctor just needs more eyes looking over things. If he won't do it, you may need to find them yourself.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: sirric
Gallstones. Have them check for it.

What causes Gallstones

Hope this helps you out

Sirric

Gall bladder wandered through my mind, too, but the OP said the pain was in the lower right quadrant. GB is upper.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Have they even check for a hernia? Hope i spelled that right? Thats what this sounds like to me, but what do i know i am not a doctor and ATS is not a medical site. Just sayin'
edit on 10/8/15 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Check out C. Diff:

www.webmd.com...

Does that sound familiar?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Had mystery severe abdominal pain as a kid. Turned out to be spasm of the pyloric sphincter at the outgoing valve of my stomach. Treated with some little blue capsules which i assume was a muscle relaxer of some kind. I was so relieved. It worked almost immediately and completely. The thing was picked up on upper GI though and sounds like you may already have had that? Just a suggestion though.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
you may have had some form of parasites, enlarged spleen fighting them off and out. Two types of antibiotics, knocks them for six! Food that has been frozen gave them to me! Good luck, sometimes no news is good news. reply to: crimsongod21

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
best advice is search your symptoms on internet from seeker1963?

worse thing you can do,gf gets one thing wrong with her thats what she does then starts believing the crap she has read.

i,ve had cancer and even going to the doc she told me it was varicose veins but did refer me to the hospital for further tests which according to hospital doc he was totally shocked she could have came up with that diagnoses.

obviously i was diagnosed with a tumour so my advice is get it checked and if your still not convinced get it checked again,it may save your life

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Thank you for all the replies, first off I should mention my gallbladder was removed when I was 19 so that is unlikely the case.

The pain is a stabbing pain as best as I can describe it. It is prompted by randomness as far as I can tell no combination of food makes it better or worse. As of yet no medicine has really helped, I have been proscribed Bentle twice and it has done nothing. Pain relievers no matter the strength only slightly numb the pain

I am currently on day 4 of no gluten in my diet with as of now no change in how I feel.

Like I said I will be going to the best area hospital soon to have them poke and prod me and look at all of my blood work and test results. Fingers crossed that they can find something.

As for checking symptoms on Web MD or other places I have looked and they mostly refer to things that have already been ruled out though I feel like that is what my doctor is doing at times.

And a special call out for Proob4 I understand that this is not a medical website and that any diagnosis from this website will most likely be made from people not educated in the medical field. This post mostly is a way for me to talk about this without adding to the stress already upon my wife and myself.

With that being said no sign of a hernia in the CT scan, ultrasound or xray so unless it is microscopic I would say that is not the issue.

edit on 8-10-2015 by crimsongod21 because: add text

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: crimsongod21
It all started about two months ago

Check yourself for Helicobacter Pylori.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Hey friend, i didn't mean that as a snarky response. You probably should go to a Webmd forum or something.
Seriously to me it does sound like a hernia or some kind of internal sprain or tear.
I truly hope you find your answers and get better, honestly.

edit on 10/8/15 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

in the mean time .. get the veg juices down you ... I, and a vast multitude of others swear by them .. and can do no harm, but can only help, depending .... its the unkown obviously .. but if the body can fight it .. veg juice will go a long way to giving it the ammo it needs ..

and pray !! ... have a word wi the big man ... i will pray for you... join me

ETA - as well as veg juices .. stop drinking alcohol .. and any other avoidable toxins your body may be struggling to deal with ... it all helps .. every single thing makes a difference
edit on 8-10-2015 by Segenam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Have they checked for a bacterial infection?
A family member (extended family) was diagnosed and treated for cancer of the spine recently. The treatments were not working. A lot of 'medicine' went into the treatment, diagnoses, and care. It turned out that it was a bacterial infection...

Yours may be something completely different, but you didn't short list it. Have they checked?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join