It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Summer Gas

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Why would someone make a fuel that is only flammable when in vapor and then spend millions making the fuel non vaporous?

It is just pointless bandaid to an already broken fuel economy system they use in cars.

Their goal see how much fuel they can waste in every car.

So I made my own system that doubles and triples fuel economy by using the vapor in gasoline.

Their answer is to drop the price of gas to 2$ a gallon and forgo the usual extra charge for the additives and make the gas not form vapors by using who knows what kind of chemicals.

After researching what all additives are put into gas you can bet they are using anything beneficial to their agenda.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick
Making it liquid enables you to get more in your tank?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk
but in liquid form it is not flammable

and after more additives they make it where it will not evaporate

normal gas has a reid vapor pressure of around 14+

after doctored it is at 8 or 9 rvp

now why on earth would you want to make a fuel that only burns when it is semi vaporized in the engine then make it even less vaporous. that is so when you are filling up you do not have as many vapor around.

dumb dumb dumb

gas has been fine for yrs and now they waste more money adding to it

yet it has been proven that using a more vaporous gas gives you better milage and does not gunk things up

oh and as far as adding 10% ethanol they get to fudge the epa summer fuel rvp by a point

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

So I made my own system that doubles and triples fuel economy by using the vapor in gasoline.

No you didn't. You really didn't. You don't seem to have any idea what you're talking about.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

All the experiments I've seen concerning vapour as fuel were done using Carburetters, but these days all cars have injection systems that vaporise the fuel at precisely the right moment.
Injection systems are far more efficient than carby's.
BUT! I do agree that adding other stuff to the mix is most likely to increase profit rather than being for the benefit of the consumer.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
an engine that utilizes the evaporation of gas will double and triple the current fuel use where liquid gas is injected into the engine. you get it right? liquid gas does not burn and in the engine it is starved for air because of the excessive amount of liquid fuel being injected into the engine. When one presses the gas pedal they are increasing the amount of air and the amount of liquid gas stays nearly the same. This is why a turbo charged engine performs better because they are just using a turbo fan to force more air pressure. This is one of the biggest conspiracies know to man.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

All the experiments I've seen concerning vapour as fuel were done using Carburetters, but these days all cars have injection systems that vaporise the fuel at precisely the right moment.
Injection systems are far more efficient than carby's.
BUT! I do agree that adding other stuff to the mix is most likely to increase profit rather than being for the benefit of the consumer.

Good point
We believe that fuel injectors are there pumping vaporized fuel into the combustion chamber every time the firing order comes around for that cylinder.

That is not the case. The injection timing is much slower than fire timing. What happens with injectors is that above the cylinder where the bang is we have a separate compartment that the injector sprays into and then it goes as liquid for the most part into the chamber.

Think about it the seals on the injectors are rubber and are not exposed to heat.

injector and fire timing are worlds apart

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

No you didn't. You really didn't. You don't seem to have any idea what you're talking about.

bahumbug

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
When one presses the gas pedal they are increasing the amount of air
Correct

and the amount of liquid gas stays nearly the same.
Not nearly the same! If I keep my foot of the peddle (Drive slowly) I more than double my mileage! If I put my foot down (go fast) I double my consumption.

This is why a turbo charged engine performs better because they are just using a turbo fan to force more air pressure.
Correct.

This is one of the biggest conspiracies know to man.
Please explain.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

The injection timing is much slower than fire timing. What happens with injectors is that above the cylinder where the bang is we have a separate compartment that the injector sprays into and then it goes as liquid for the most part into the chamber.

Hmmm, I'm not sure what you mean by slower. Are you talking about advance and retard like we do with the ignition timing? I assume so, slower implies it would get out of step!

injector and fire timing are worlds apart
They have to be! You have to allow time for ALL the fuel to be injected before you can ignite it!

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

like 10 fires to 1 injection

the fuel is not injected into the piston

every second or twice a second fuel is sprayed into a compartment and then drips down into the cylinder this happens at a rate that is far less than the timing rate

an engine working they way you describe is few and far between
some Detroit diesels have the injector timing on the cam shaft

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

This made me laugh and shut me up! I was feeling a little grouchy.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Think of it this way.

You can buy a kit for your car to run it off of natural gas.

the pure natural gas is in vapor form and is mixed with air before it gets to the engine

you can do the same with gasoline. You just have to get it into a vapor form before you put it in the engine

the burn rate of the gasses is close in vapor form

natural gas 5 gallon cylinder has a few pounds of compressed gas in it
1 gallon of gas weighs about 8 lbs
so then you got to vaporize it but they put crap in the gas to make it non vaporous

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
It is called petrogen

One can google and find that they make torch systems using the method I describe somewhat

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Watch

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
If the gas company we use to cook with and heat our homes used the same additives in the same ratio that big oil does then the gas company would go out of business because their gas would not flow well. Your stove would not cook. Home would be cold. All this is done in order to consume as much petro as possible in your cars.

It is total nonsense.
edit on 8-10-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
When I was a kid I had many motorbikes that were fitted with carbs, and I remember discovering that they went faster if I made the mix weaker, ie: more air less fuel, as it would be if you use just vapor. The problem is engines run extremely hot when they run weak, so hot they'll burn a hole through the piston, more often killing the valves.
Watch the vid I posted. It shows that injectors do NOT squirt into a seperate chamber! and they inject every cycle!
What you working on, a model T ?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
So the epa mandated back in around 95' to start adding this to fuel to reduce the amount of gas that gets evaporated when we fill our tanks but test have shown that fuel with additives gets less mpg thereby wasting millions of gas in the process of trying to deal with a few hundred gallons of evaporation.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Sure I will watch

Let us remember that regardless of injection rate liquid gas does not burn

and before you discount everything I say you can always take an injector from your engine and watch the timing for yourself. Seeing is believing and that is where I am at with this.

Think about it
direct injection is the last place one would want to mix fuel if mpg's were the goal.
there is no time for the fuel and air to mix.

one can light a glass of gas and it will make a small fire
one can take that same amount of gas then vaporize it and you get an increase in explosiveness that is unphathomable

edit on 8-10-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

you can always take an injector from your engine and watch the timing for yourself.

In case anyone should try this, its extremely dangerous, it will inject through your skin!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join