It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think Tank Report Says US Navy Needs FA-XX and *TWO* UCLASS Drones

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Congress is trotting out a report written by the Hudson Institute stating the US Navy really needs the Ford class, but the airwing is totally horked. The report says the Navy needs the FA-XX asap and two UCLASS drones, one ISR and the other a deep penetrating strike platform.

I wrote a while back on my blog that I thought UCLASS needed to be fractured into several platforms. The carrier-borne Global Hawk is really a nonstarter upon reflection, but I stand by the HEL Avenger for fleet defense, an ISR/light strike UCAV and deep strike UCLASS. For the drones, I'd think you'd need to add the robot parking structures on the hangar deck.

Just some crazy thoughts.

(and, yeah, I followed back a whole bunch of hits to my blog to here about the LRS-B).

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Well they have the Xb-47 which is doing very very well in operations.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

And it's only a tech demonstrator for now. They may offer it for UCLASS, but even as well as it's doing the others are potentially better.

They're trying to push the sixth gen work up some, but as screwed up as UCLASS is I don't see them having ONE uav any time soon, let alone two.
edit on 10/9/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Yeah, the UCLASS went from something exciting and fast tracked to an utter disappointment.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Thats what happens when you start changing requirements mid stream...Its getting a case of infighting within political circles that ruins all the hard work done by all the major companies involved.

new topics

top topics

join