It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Declining Gun ownership in the US?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I always say yes and inform them I don't discuss such things with the public or health practitioners.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
September gun sales were at a record high.

Based on NICS data alone.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Bluntone22

Well the staunch second supporters don't register their guns either.

Are they illegal too?

I have not now nor will I ever register my firearms.

Especially since the state I live in now and the state I'm moving back to when my enlistment is up do not require it.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Op is right there's been talk in the past year of a supposed decline in gun ownership. See here- One Source After the OR shooting though, it hasn't been brought up again for the obvious reason of growing firearms sales.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I see many more guns being made by machinists and not ever having a serial number or being counted. They make AR's, AK's, custom hand guns, etc. that are just as good, if not better than the mass produced ones. Also, one of the ones locally is selling straight to gang members. So, the government and gun control people have no clue what is out there.

edit on 8/10/15 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

SM2

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Bluntone22

Well the staunch second supporters don't register their guns either.

Are they illegal too?

That is because is a lot of states, there is no registration. In florida ..."It is a felony under Florida law to create, maintain or publish any list, record or registry of legally owned firearms or law-abiding firearm owners"

flsenate.gov...

And this is the case in the majority of the states.

The only states where gun registration exists are, Ca, NY, MI, CT, NJ, DC and HI

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
No decline here in northern Michigan. Of course I just read the last gun shop in San Francisco has closed. I suppose it depends on where you live.
edit on 9-10-2015 by chefc14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: joemoe
a reply to: Sremmos80

Well to keep on topic. NIC checks are at a record for sure. Just wondering what everyone is seeing around them in their area ... ranges, gun shops, the likes. I definitely see an uptick in minorities and women here, which is great. It definitely seem more diverse now.

I can say I have had an uptick in people asking about how to get a cc permit. I a lot of minorities and thankfully a ton of women. I always ask first if they are new if they are sure that a guard dog might not be what they want as a dog is less responsibility than a gun. But I am definitely seeing the interest from all walks of life. So what does it mean nationally? Have no clue. Just my interactions.
edit on 9-10-2015 by Reallyfolks because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Probably because all the illegal guns are not registered therefore lowering the count.

That and 80% lowers

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join