It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Western Christians stop with the persecution complex.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: boymonkey74

So it's just American Christians that act this way? How about the rest of the crybabies of all organized religion why do they get a pass??

All members of organized religion are a bunch of mindless followers who can't think for themselves.

That's a mighty broad brush you paint with there. So broad it doesn't even blur the lines, its just a big sloppy mess. Good luck in life if that's really good your mind works...

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Seen a massive rise of mostly American Christians bleating that they are being persecuted recently on ATS.
Just stop yes some Christians are being persecuted in other parts of the world and they are the ones who need our thoughts and help not Christians in the west safe behind their keyboards crying that they have been persecuted.

Here's the deal.

In the Bible someplace, there's a nifty statement about how followers of Christ will be persecuted for their beliefs.
Thus, it's validating for some people to cry that they're being persecuted at the least little thing. By contrast, I rarely hear about missionaries who are actually in places with persecution whining about it, despite the fact that they have it objectively worse off.

With that being said, some Christians have been getting some knocks, at least in the US. The Catholics, always a brutalized minority in the US (historically a Protestant nation) have been stuck at the wrong end of the Affordable Care Act, and the government is trying to make Catholic religious organizations carry insurance for their staff that provides for contraception. Catholics of course think that would amount to facilitating sin. The government could have cut them a deal, but didn't.

That's not to justify the people who are acting like Christians are being fed to the lions when they aren't (and others in, say, Iraq, are actually having to deal with that sort of issue) but if you think Christians in the West never face hardships they would not otherwise have to face because of their beliefs, you're mistaken.

It reminds me of a bully who has had the run of the yard for ages until a bigger bully comes along and then the original bully crys persecution.

Yeah, that happens. But not all religious people are bullies, and just because, say, the Protestants gave atheists the short end of the stick for two hundred years doesn't mean it's OK to turnabout and persecute the Protestants. Likewise, just because the Catholics were persecuted for two hundred years doesn't mean it's OK to keep persecuting them.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   

I know you can't see me so, i'll stop
pretending I'm here.

Can't believe I'm doing this but I actually agree with the monkey boy.
edit on Ram101315v05201500000058 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

So it's just American Christians that act this way? How about the rest of the crybabies of all organized religion why do they get a pass??

All members of organized religion are a bunch of mindless followers who can't think for themselves.

Didn't know the Democratic Party was a religion.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join