It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Passes Mass Shooting Bill: Media No Longer Allowed To Name Mass Shooting Suspect

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

I will do that when I have time...

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Whoever hosts the site (nbcnews.com.co), has an IP address.. that IP address is out of Ashburn Virginia, United States..

trace.ipxl.org...

Just a short 30 minute drive from Langley..
edit on 8-10-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
So now we're going to go further down this hoaxed rabbit hole to the point that it seems reasonable to suggest that even though this was a hoax, it was perpetuated by the CIA to gauge public opinion?

OK, where do we draw a line between reasonable and downright silly?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
What an excellent look into what the board would look like if this were true.

Turns out if this were true it would just add to an already formed list of illegal activities of the government.

Test Run?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
dbl post

30 minute drive if you're lucky. Just sayin.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Seriously? AS IF congress could pass anything that quickly. You've got to be kidding.

I knew this was wrong information when I read the title of the OP. No way on God's green earth would a Republican Congress vote for this, much less overnight! It is plausible that Obama and his minions could attempt something like this though, so I continued to read waiting for a dustup, but...nothing. Whew!

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Even though it was a hoax, it was interesting to see the replies of some.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

For the record, I was kidding about the CIA thing, but this being ATS, well...

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

you wanna call the westboro baptist church? lol.. that is who the number in the article belongs to.. be interesting to find out if this is westboro's baby...

I am not sure I am up to calling those ### right now.. anyone want to call and find out?

(785) 273-0325 This was the call for more information on the new law number given, that was listed in the article. It IS the number to westboro..

I wonder.. will they tell us if we ask? we might have to pretend being on their side...

I cannot block my phone number on this phone before calling, and I don't want westboro to have my number too..

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Majic

I am just looking at everything, and not ruling anything out until we can find out who created the article..

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Ashburn, VA is sometimes also referred to as "the center of the Internet" and that has nothing to do with the CIA. It has some of the largest data center density in the US and about 70% of domestic Internet traffic flows through there.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Trust no one, suspect everyone?

I can dig it.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
We know who's responsible.

Paul Horner.

Dig through the link in the OP, do some Googling. You wouldn't take my word for it anyway, right? Unless you'd prefer to just speculate further to fuel whatever you think might be true.

I've given you enough to find it all out for yourself. The guy's a satirist and Internet trickster. "Haha call Westboro Baptist if you want to complain."

The Chuck Barris analogy is actually spot-on. Wind up the rubes for grins. Don't be those people.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

When I first looked up the name, all I found was that his name was in a bunch of fake stories, I was not able at first decipher that he was a real person or not.

I have found him I believe, as a real person..

So you are correct. It is one person behind this, just a new website.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I was searching everything the whole time once I found out it was a fake site... If you wanted me to believe you without looking into each and every possibility then you should have provided links and source material..

No, your word wouldn't have done it, but proper sourcing would have been helpful.. you were the one who did not provide any of that.. so don't expect people to not look into each and every possibility seen, rather than what one person says without a thing to back them up..

thanks for being so sarcastic and acting like I am some kind of idiot.. yes, the article fooled me because the site was NBC and it was morning..

beyond that, I am NOT an idiot for looking into every possibility, in an effort to find the truth..

at least I was looking for the truth, rather than sitting back being sarcastic and refusing to provide links to what I was saying I knew factually.

But thats okay.. your staff here, you can treat people as if they are idiots all you like I guess.. good day.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: OpinionatedB

I don't understand the outrage.

There are already MULTIPLE laws that govern what journalists can do and not do over print or on the air.

The naming of victims for example, the naming of suspects pending grand jury investigations, the name of minors etc.

All of these things are 'restrictions' to the press. Which are fine IMO.

There's no reason we should allow the media to glorify mass shooting suspects within minutes of the coverage starting. It's one of the reasons why we have so many shootings, because of media saturation.

~Tenth

BS. There is no reason the identity and motives should be withheld. The public has a right to know and this pussy 'don't glorify them' crap is insulting to any thinking adult.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join