It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So my doctors keep sending me sms about the flue jab!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
The NHS and my local GP have sent me two texts in the last 3 days reminding me that there is a free walk in access flue jab vaccination at my local GP this afternoon.

This is in addition to the letter in the mail we recieved last week.

Should i go to it?
i used to hear all sorts of conspiracies about how the jab is bad for you - from implants to mind control etc.

I know its silly but i suffer from anxiety and now i am paranoid about it.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: lamplighters

Had the jab every year for the last 15 or so.
Still got the flu a couple of times but don't fall for the BS about the jab. It saves lives.
I look after folk and wouldn't dream of passing on Flu that could kill some of them.
Oh and thanks for reminding me I have to sort out the flu jabs at work this year so I better get that sorted.
edit on 8-10-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   
My doctor requests I do not take a flu shot . Not because of the vaccination , but the chance I would actually contract the flu. With my medical condition , even a mild case may be dangerous.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
The only time (I was inoculated 15yr ago) I got the flu. That cough that gets deep in your lungs, you literally feel your temperature rise each time you cough;

I haven't had one since, nor have I caught that NATTYYYYYY bug again. I was my hands every chance I can, keep copious amounts of han-San on hand (no pun intended) & drop a zertek every night...good luck!

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   

I never get anything, my doctors doesn't bother me either as she knows I don't care for it, I have gotten the flu only once about 10 years, so I just had it last year and the last time was in the early 2000s so I'm good for another few years, no need for the flu shot, I let my body build the antibodies naturally.

Now for people with compromised immune systems due to long time illnesses they are at high risk and should follow their doctors advice.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I can only speak from personal experience. I had the flu [not a cold] twice in my life. Once when was 9 and the other time straight after having the 'anti'-flu jab. Thing is your body doesn't know the difference, it is going to mobilise all defences once it detects the empty [as in DNA, but still in any other way it's still the flu virus] virus shell. This will in some people make you get fever, shills, achey bones etc.

A lot of people are ok but I will never, ever have another flu jab, I thought I was poisoned and actually got the flu. This was about 8 years ago and I never caught the flu at any other time...

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Oh and just a word of advice never ask medical advice on ATS.
Go to the NHS website and have a gander.

www.nhs.uk...

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
One must always ensure that one's chimney is properly jabbed, otherwise you're just asking for trouble.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

A flue jab?

Just what kind of chimney do you have?

In all seriousness though, the flu jab has some issues, or at least has had some. I remember there was something of a scandal when it turned out that the winter flu jab was only effective for just 3% of people for whom it was recommended, and even though health officials new about it during the summer, they allowed it to be administered anyway, at a pretty hefty cost to the taxpayer.

On the other hand, three percent of people who took it found the experience useful. Personally speaking, I think that the idea of the jab is fine, but only if the particular medicine is going to work. Now, obviously flu changes over time, and so should the vaccine against it. As long as the medicine keeps up with the blasted disease, that's fine, but who can say whether this years winter flu jab will be any more effective than the last years version?

I would certainly HOPE that it is on behalf of those who need it, but I have no idea myself. I very rarely get sick at all, and when I do, it has to be something a little more hefty than the basic winter flu, if it wants to get past the steadfast defence offered by my antibodies. Those little bastards will head butt attacking viruses to death, and then beat other viruses to death with the corpse of the first assailant. If viruses want to take root in my body, they have to be bringing better game than the old fashioned winter flu ever could. Now SWINE flu on the other hand, that is stuff with which I would not want to be messing.

Look at this link...

www.bbc.co.uk...

This explains the situation with the old vaccine from last year, and also has some reference to this years main strains of flu, which will be the ones which the WHO and the NHS will be recommending vaccination against. As the article suggests, mutation in flu viruses and the speed of changes caused by those mutations, is what makes flu so hard of a target. However on balance, if you are being asked to get the jab, then you may be in one of the at risk groups who would most benefit from its being administered to you.

All of the above being said, it's your call, and it is not for anyone here to try and influence you. My advice would be to hit the net, see which strains of flu are most prevalent at the moment, and see if the vaccine tracks with that. That will give you the best shot at making a choice for yourself, from a position of informed opinion, as opposed to flailing ignorance.

Best of luck!

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Yikes...

I can only tell you what I have seen and experienced. You'll have to make up your own mind. Almost everyone I've known to date that gets the flu jab gets sicker with the flu than they have ever been, right afterward. I've never had the jab, and have not had the flu in years. Some seem to do well, and others not so well. A few I know had the flu twice the same year they got jabbed.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Still got the flu a couple of times but don't fall for the BS about the jab. It saves lives.
I look after folk and wouldn't dream of passing on Flu that could kill some of them

How often do healthy adults with healthy immune systems die from the flu? I'm 41 years old and I've never had a flu shot. Only been sick for more than a day or two once in my adult life. My parents get flu shots every year. They also get the flu every year.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

I look after folk and wouldn't dream of passing on Flu that could kill some of them.
Oh and thanks for reminding me I have to sort out the flu jabs at work this year so I better get that sorted.

So should i go? i am stil on the fence judging by the replies

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Never had the Flu, never had a Flu jab but my GP last year were desperate for me to get it to the point of phoning me, I refused.

Knowing my luck if I did get the jab I will get the flu lol.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
You all think that's bad, my doc keeps sending me flowers ever since my prostate examination.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I was under the impression that you only had a jab if you were ill or elderly or like boy monkey work with people who are vunerable?

Do you fall into those catagories, I am not aware of anyone I know not having a flu jab and then dying.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Just use common sense.

If you are not very young,old or pregnant then taking the chance of walking around without a flu shot really is not a big risk.

Just add up every year you have gone without the shot and have been fine vs how many times you got the shot and what happened next.

If something is not broke then perhaps no fix is needed.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Well i have just come back from the doctors after having it
I was in and out of the surgery within minutes as no appointment was needed.
It was an NHS open care day.

Anyway, i instantly felt very weak and faint afterwards.
I recently had a few weeks ago a thyroid jab, and i never felt faint like this afterwards.

I felt dizzy, faint and i was sweating!

I had a drink, given kindly to me by the chemist next door, and after ten minutes of sat down, i felt better,
but after feeling good all day, that jab made me faint and weak initially, maybe it was a reaction or something.

Anyway after the initial scare i am fine now, even walked the mile and a half home.

So, i suppose that ends that, although i would like an explanation about the initial faint feeling, i had been fine and not on an empty stomache or anything,

plus even now i am still sweating away and it is anything but hot where i live.

Lamplighters

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
Just use common sense.

If you are not very young,old or pregnant then taking the chance of walking around without a flu shot really is not a big risk.

Just add up every year you have gone without the shot and have been fine vs how many times you got the shot and what happened next.

I understand, and i have not had the jab for many years until today
although the reason i got it was more to shut the doctors up.
because i have been bombarded with health service texts, emails and letters about getting flue jab
(any UK people who are on the nhs will vouch for me on that)
edit on 8-10-2015 by lamplighters because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader
The only time (I was inoculated 15yr ago) I got the flu. That cough that gets deep in your lungs, you literally feel your temperature rise each time you cough;

I haven't had one since, nor have I caught that NATTYYYYYY bug again. I was my hands every chance I can, keep copious amounts of han-San on hand (no pun intended) & drop a zertek every night...good luck!

Sorry to triple post but each time it is on topic, but i have noticed too, now that i use anti bacterial hand wash, EVERY TIME i am in the bathroom, even just to blow my nose, but i must at least two times a day use anti bacterial handwash -- anyway since i started that a good 8 months ago, i have been ill maybe once at most!
Edit, i dont eat junk takeaway food much anymore either, so that may also be part of it.
edit on 8-10-2015 by lamplighters because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: lamplighters

originally posted by: deadeyedick
Just use common sense.

I understand, and i have not had the jab for many years until today
although the reason i got it was more to shut the doctors up.
because i have been bombarded with health service texts, emails and letters about getting flue jab
(any UK people who are on the nhs will vouch for me on that)

I bet you are a fun date.

Gotta love those that cave to peer pressure.

I wish you good health.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join