It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Encouraging Word for Those Who Have Strayed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   

"Like a bird that wanders from the nest, so is a man who wanders from his place" (Proverbs 27:8).

It's no secret that our generation has wandered severely off course: schools resemble battle-grounds, the family is in chaos, sexual perversion is an epidemic, and truth is mocked. We should be mourning for our nation and the future of our children. Are we too numb or indifferent to comprehend?

"Wander" means to depart, stray, or retreat from what we know to be right. Proverbs 13:15 reminds us that "the way of the transgressor" is hard. For many, this is an understatement if we are fighting against God ... fighting against what we know to be right.

As the old hymn so brilliantly declares, "Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it, prone to leave the God I love."

Conviction is a gift ... it's very healthy to mourn and repent (as long as we don't not stay in that state). God's mercy and grace finds a way to open the ears of our understanding, sometimes through painful circumstances.

When we feel the pain of burning asphalt, we retreat for cooler ground. In the same way, pain often helps us return to God. But many mistakenly believe that they've done too much damage; that God can't use them now. But that's not true. God will often use pain to lead us back to Him.

God is always pursuing: "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8).

Even when I was living like Hell, Heaven was beaconing. Even when I was denying my Savior, He never denied me.

"Do not remember the sins of my youth and my rebellious ways; according to your love remember me, for you, Lord, are good" (Psalm 25:7).

You'd be amazed at what God can do with humility, brokenness, and repentance — like clay in the hands of a potter, He molds and shapes as we submit to His work.

Religion tries to reach up to God: do, do, do … But Christianity can be defined as God reaching down to man — He pursues sinners; sinners do not pursue Him.

"Men do not seek God first; God seeks them first; and if any of you are seeking Him today it is because He has first sought you" (Charles Spurgeon).

There are no excuses for rejecting God. He uses conviction, the Word, books, articles, blogs, friends, pastors, teachers, and preachers to spread His message of love and grace, repentance and salvation. It is not easy to enter Hell. A person has to fight God their entire life, ignore His love, suppress conviction, and reject His pursuit.

Evolution, for example, is simply a by-product of angry men who do not want to submit to God. They have rejected His call and have suppressed conviction — they "worship the creature rather than the Creator" (cf. Romans 1). To say that we evolved from primordial ooze is the height of arrogance.

"The fool has said in his heart that there is not God" (Psalm 14:1).

Some may argue, "How can a loving God send anyone to Hell?" He doesn't send anyone — they reject Him and separate themselves from His love. With this comes questions that I cannot fully answer, but I will not judge God based on my limited understanding. In practical terms, I still drive my vehicle even though I have no clue how it all works.

Romans 1:18-20 tells us that "we are without excuse" because God's attributes are clearly seen; they bear witness to a Creator. In the act of salvation, God receives all the glory and all the credit. We are never outside of His sovereignty and control. But we must receive His offer of salvation.

Don't let this discourage you, "Greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world" (1 John 4:4).

Fall forward into God's arms of restoration and forgiveness.

Jesus said, in Mark 10:15, "Assuredly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter it."

Receive it today and be and experience tremendous peace and hope — from the atheist to the adulterer, and from the addict to the arrogant — it's not too late. Turn to Him today.

LINK

Let me leave you with this question: If the enemy goes to and fro like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour (1 Peter 5:8), and the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him (2 Chronicles 16:9); who finds you — the adversary, or God? Are you loyal to God by obeying His Word, or do you often stray from the Shepherd and become easy prey?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Just curious. What is the meaning behind your post? (I myself am a God fearing man) but, this is like some of the posts forcing sexual, or political preferences down the members throats..??

I don't see a conspiracy or any other meaning behind your 'thread'....

Just saying.
edit on 8-10-2015 by ReadLeader because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Strange, but true! Jesus is the only thing that appears rock solid to me about this creation. His values and wisdom make everything else look pretty low life I guess.

I wander all over the place like a lost blind sheep in this life. It is still good to know there is a Shepherd out there who even cares about the most miserable of his flock. Self flagellation done! Thanks for the encouragement.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader
Just curious. What is the meaning behind your post? (I myself am a God fearing man) but, this is like some of the posts forcing sexual, or political preferences down the members throats..??

I don't see a conspiracy or any other meaning behind your 'thread'....

Just saying.

Why would you think there is a conspiracy in this thread?

There is no force in this thread but encouragement. Has someone threatened you or forced you to read this thread?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

Strange, but true! Jesus is the only thing that appears rock solid to me about this creation. His values and wisdom make everything else look pretty low life I guess.

I wander all over the place like a lost blind sheep in this life. It is still good to know there is a Shepherd out there who even cares about the most miserable of his flock. Self flagellation done! Thanks for the encouragement.

We all need it from time to time.

God bless....

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I've only just recently realised when reading hymns why is there such focus on the enemy/foes? Why do christians have enemies. They may see you as the enemy but why do christians see them as the enemy? As christians you turn the other cheek, except all, etc etc, or is it child like statements of he doesn't like me so I Don't like him. Why not focus of the positives instead of the negatives, evils and demons?

I went to a christening recently and I was shocked at all the statements of hatred and us against them mentality, something I was oblivious to as a child.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

Let me leave you with this question: If the enemy goes to and fro like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour (1 Peter 5:8), and the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him (2 Chronicles 16:9); who finds you — the adversary, or God? Are you loyal to God by obeying His Word, or do you often stray from the Shepherd and become easy prey?

Let me ask in turn: If the enemy does in fact, go to & fro like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour, does that statement imply that there are those whom he may NOT devour? I ask this as one who believes in eternal security in Jesus the Christ.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Ahh. A straight up proseletizing thread. Get right with jesus huh?

Evolution, for example, is simply a by-product of angry men who do not want to submit to God.

Is this opposite day already? I am unprepared.

There are no excuses for rejecting God.

I feel a threat coming.

Some may argue, "How can a loving God send anyone to Hell?" He doesn't send anyone — they reject Him and separate themselves from His love. With this comes questions that I cannot fully answer, but I will not judge God based on my limited understanding.

And... There it is. Did you see it? It was subtle. Basically it's not god's fault that he's sending you to hell. You did it to yourself. Battered wife syndrome anyone?

Thanks for the morning threat of hell fire and spreading the righteous guilt to the fence sitters. Perhaps jesus should put you on the payroll. This is pathetic. If the best offer you can make to people in return for coming back to the flock is the alleviation of guilt for leaving the flock, perhaps they could just alleviate the guilt and be done with the rest.

But using guilt as a weapon is a sign of psychopathy. This OP is using guilt to manipulate people into accepting your point of view. The cherry on top is the threat of hell fire.

edit on 8-10-2015 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus
I've only just recently realised when reading hymns why is there such focus on the enemy/foes? Why do christians have enemies. They may see you as the enemy but why do christians see them as the enemy? As christians you turn the other cheek, except all, etc etc, or is it child like statements of he doesn't like me so I Don't like him. Why not focus of the positives instead of the negatives, evils and demons?

I went to a christening recently and I was shocked at all the statements of hatred and us against them mentality, something I was oblivious to as a child.

Without an enemy, there is no fear. And without fear, there is no control.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Biggest conspiracy going is religion.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

But using guilt as a weapon is a sign of psychopathy. This OP is using guilt to manipulate people into accepting your point of view. The cherry on top is the threat of hell fire.

Oh man... just let the crazy folk have their thread.
If it makes their delusions easier to deal with.... meh.

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Biggest conspiracy going is religion.

Amen to that

edit on 8/10/15 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

There are many people who are trying to leave religion behind and move on with their lives. The guilt associated with breaking those ties is strong. When you have been accosted your entire life with the lies and threats of christianity, it is not easy to relinquish the guilt and unsureness of your decision. Especially when people keep reminding you of the so called "danger" of leaving. Threats are used to manipulate people into not questioning. I am tired of seeing people threatened for not believing. It is one of the worst things you can do to someone who is trying to get their life back. The eternal threat. Can we please ban the threat of hell fire from this site? It is actually quite dangerous to the well being and peace of mind of many people who are trying to make the transition. And...... It is a threat on an open forum. That should be enough.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified
Very true, but if your recruiting, like the OP is doing, wouldn't you promote the good rather than the bad. It's gone past religious control into the realms of religious desperation due to secularisation and the Internet.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Great Post. 2 Corinthians 5:17-Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
Continue this great call you have on your life.
edit on 8-10-2015 by Falcon86 because: Bad grammar.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

It's no secret that our generation has wandered severely off course: schools resemble battle-grounds, the family is in chaos, sexual perversion is an epidemic, and truth is mocked.

I'm pretty sure this could be said about ANY generation in history. Looks like the world continued though. It'll be no different for this generation or the next. The world will go on and people will still be saying the end is near. That gives the war mongers a free pass to wage war for profit perpetually just as it has for the entire history of mankind so far. Who wants to stop war when it's a prerequisite for Jesus' return?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
My encouraging words to those who have strayed?

Congratulations. Fear not that you have strayed. Fear that you will be pulled back to the flock. That is just my two cents. Not trying to be adversarial (ok maybe a little bit) with the faithful. I would ask, why have you strayed? Maybe in this time, explore your beliefs and find out if there is reason to hold them dear or not. Free your mind. You're halfway there already.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I don't subscribe to any particular faith, but I defend anyone who does. Be it muslim, christian, jewish, witchcraft, etc. Everyone has the right to believe whatever they want.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Even if they are threatening those who try to leave?

This is not only recruiting, it is reminding everyone of the consequences of apostasy. Get right, or else.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I don't care what they do. It's none of my business. As long as they aren't threatening me or mine, then go paint a tree orange and dance naked.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I don't care what they do. It's none of my business. As long as they aren't threatening me or mine, then go paint a tree orange and dance naked.
Then why do you care that i try to show the other side? You are picking sides while claiming neutrality.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join