It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TPP and the internet cesorship

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   
One recent example VW for instance and them knowingly falsifying emission readings, under the new laws we wouldn't be able to talk about it, it would be illegal.

How would people be able to keep products in check? if they are allowed to play by their own rules.

I'm sure there must be some guidelines that they have to abide by, but if it was such a good thing they would have been transparent to us public about it before fast tracking this through and only real info about the TPP has come out of WikiLeaks.
edit on 8-10-2015 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   
WikiLeaks - The US strategy to create a new global legal and economic system: TPP, TTIP, TISA.

Short and sweet, 8.23 duration.

edit on 8-10-2015 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: gps777

A scary new day dawns for us all I guess. Thanks for the video link I will check out for sure!

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I think if George Orwell was alive to-day he would be saying "I told you so" , the only good thing I can see from this is that with so many people dumping the internet, local shops will re-open, and perhaps local manufacturing.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   

a reply to: pikestaff
I think if George Orwell was alive to-day he would be saying "I told you so"

Never criticize society's prevailing ideology or the UN Thought Police will be heading towards a device near you

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   
This is not a major step towards globalism or a one world government.
It is full-on corporate totalitarianism and world government in one giant leap for Capitalist-kind.
There will be no more steps to take save to silence those who complain too loudly.
edit on 8-10-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

That gave me a cold shiver.

I guess we will become aware of the full gravity of this as its implemented.

( good to still see you around Asktheanimals )

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I thought there would be a lot more discussion and input toward this, not sure if its been discussed already I havn`t been around much over the past year.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: gps777

Not much is really known and until it is known then robust debate will be limited to speculation and uncertainty.

Apparently this is desired by those "in the know" and of course John Q. Public will only find out when it is too late and too entrenched.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
At least we still have TOR and it's hidden services.

The internet has changed a lot of the past 20 years. At first I think the big corporations hated the internet, then they were able to control most of it. Anyone who has been paying attention has noticed how google's searches have changed, how youtube has changed, ect..

I am haven't a clue what the TPP means to the clearnet, however it seems to have opened the door for even greater censorship.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
This TPP leak shows more on the OP warning;
"New Leak of Final TPP Text Confirms Attack on Freedom of Expression, Public Health" - Source

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
TPP is very concerning for multiple reasons.

it basically creates a super tribunal that is beyond government authority that corporations can use to sue governments for the costs of complying with their regulations, etc. among many other things. but basically it puts corporations at the head of the global pyramid of power. i hear australia refused to comply with the tribunal part of the agreement however.

could this also mean companies like montsanto could sue companies that don't use their products, for example companies that banned gmo's as it violates the 'free trade'?

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Redlisted

I remember reading something awhile back on how Costa Rica was being sued by a Canadian gold mining company for not being allowed to destroy they countries wilderness to look for gold.

I'm an also worried the TPP could swing the door wide open for those kind of lawsuits.

edit on 15-10-2015 by jrod because: gold

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
^ uh oh. yeah it seriously seems like it... so it's allowing companies to sue governments for impeding their profits. that is absolutely terrifying.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join