It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia agrees to coordinate attacks against ISIS with pentagon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Link

So some may not be so thrilled but I for one would love to see all major countries unite to jump on this bandwagon.

Some have theorized that if we could find a common enemy this could help subdue some of the cold war jitters we have...some have suggested a ufo threat would do the trick but fighting ISIS is just a good a reason as some alien threat to band together...

One can only imagine the stories that would be written around such a theatre of war...I would love to watch the history channel a year from now if that was to come to fruition...I also dread the friendly fire incidents that popped up during desert storm between the British and the US...at least I think it was Desert Storm...

This is a golden opportunity for Obama to get the approval rating up...this reminds me of a scene in Full Metal Jacket when the Colonel approached one of the main characters and told him to join the winning team...or he would take a giant crap on him..

edit on 7-10-2015 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Not so fast.

Russians are expert B.S. artists.

US dismisses Russian cooperation claims over Syria

And so are U.S. politicians.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

There is no way in hell that we will not somehow be involved in this...I would intern say that we have a good propaganda machine here in the US...we are masters at proxy wars. I feel quite confident in saying that we will look like morons if we do not jump on this bandwagon..

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

It is in all of our best interest for major countries to work together. Russia and the US have citizens who are very similar in many ways.

Mod Note: Excessive Quoting – Please Review This Link

edit on Sun Oct 11 2015 by Jbird because: replaced large quote with 'a reply to'

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Good it's about time. Something needs to be done in union here. However, will see if it holds to that.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

Just like World War 2 when the Soviet Union and the USA teamed up against Nazi Germany.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I do so wish that we would pull all our troops and support from foreign soil. Tomorrow.
That would avoid all this nonsense of arguing about who gets to kill the enemy. And about who the enemy is. Fifty million dollars to train 50 "freedom fighters"? How about we put the next $50 million we spend into veteran's programs rather than sending it abroad?
As I've been saying since George the First invaded: Charges should be brought against the president for conducting an illegal war. Charges should be brought against Congress for failing in their duties. The prophecy of Dwight Eisenhower came true within a decade---the outright ownership of Congress and the White House by the Military-Industrial Complex.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   
If the US and Russia had any common sense they start targeting their so called allies.

Both sides are playing with fire.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
It wouldnt look good for the US, after years of war in the middle east, for Russia to swoop in and put an end to it in the matter of a few weeks. So, if the US wants to retain any kind of respect for being the number 1 world power, then they better step up to the plate join with Russia to end this Isis thing or look like fools. So, I think its the only thing Obama can do, or he stands to look like a wannabe leader while Putin looks like a hero and the true super power, savior of the world.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Why didn't this happen a year ago?.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I feel like I'm watching the biggest and longest Drama movie.

It's all a joke.

*Make Love Not War*

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Not so fast.

I was about to say "We'll finally some sense in the US", until I saw this post. oh well.

US hates Assad and Russia loves Assad, how the heck are they suppose to compromise a solution to the Syrian crisis?

ETA: Oh, the US and Russia hate each other As well, so highly unlikely they are gonna come up with a coalition, they could have already if they wanted to. But all we get is No, No, No, we want WAR, WAR, WAR

edit on 8-10-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-10-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: spelling

edit on 8-10-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: MamaJ
I feel like I'm watching the biggest and longest Drama movie.

It's all a joke.

*Make Love Not War*

Yeah true that, can Putin and Obama just hug each other for a happy ending.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I don't understand how you can REJECT cooperation against terrorism..

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   
The biggest kick in the balls the world could deliver would be to stop buying Saudie oil.
Yeah, the gasoline might get more expensive.
Waaaaa...
We all know where they're getting their money from.
Cut off their money and let them die in the desert.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Not so fast.

Well that was an emotional rollercoaster lol.

I was like all woo-hoo! When I read the OP and then D'ohh when I saw your reply.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: OneGoal

It is in all of our best interest for major countries to work together. Russia and the US have citizens who are very similar in many ways.

Not according to some on ATS.

US...war mongering world criminals

Russia...peace loving free country with a God as president.

But you would be correct.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

No one has said god is president of Russia here,care to prove that comment without using a childish meme

Tsurfer,you are the problem with America it's not just the corrupt greedy morality free greedy bastards that cause so many deaths worldwide with their deceitful actions it's the indoctrinated public who support them blindly when they should be critical of any wrong doings their country is doing or had done

On topic Russia should stay away from American help with coordinating strikes as I have a good feeling the intended Russia targets would get warned before and move out the area

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1

So, if the US wants to retain any kind of respect for being the number 1 world power, then they better step up to the plate join with Russia to end this Isis thing or look like fools.

That ship already sailed. Russia was hitting her targets with accuracy while the U.S. was bombing her own doctors in Afghanistan, looking like world class buffoons. It's coming out that the attack that wiped out that hospital........the intelligence came from Afghan forces.

And to add insult to injury, Russia did what she did with cooperation from Iraq and Iran.

Why do I get the feeling that the ME doesn't want America there anymore?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Honestly, In my opinion they are all there for their own interests. This isn't about gettting rid of ISIS. None of these governments give a # about their citizens. Everytime I read a thread on the Syria conflict it all seems to boil down to greed. I really do hope they come to some type of agreement. Watching this entire conflict get drug out to determine who benefits the most from it is sickening. That's at least my take on it. S & F

top topics

<<   2 >>

join