It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You know what? I'm SICK of this!!! Just plain sick and tired of it!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
I'm sick of the hate that Islam and the Middle East receive on here, I don't whine about it.

I ignore it.

A master troll knows when to not reply to a low level troll.

*dont ignore me to prove a point*

It is not actually hate, but justified criticism. Just as much a low level troll if you call anything ulterior to your point of view trolling. It is someone else's point of view. No matter how right you feel, Charlie, you are only as right as anyone else and not some superior higher intellect. You are often very arrogant in your posts as with this one. Check yourself before you go judging others and take that log out your eye before your remove the splinter from your fellow ATS member's.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Tough! The U.S exerts every muscle in terms of foreign policy as a superpower. Look at what that foreign policy inflicts upon the rest of the globe.

It is not hate, Mr. It is CRITICISM. It might hurt, but so does America's foreign policies.

There is lots of U.S culture that I love. There is so much about U.S I loathe, too. I'm just as critical of my own country the UK where we have a dead pig #er as PM.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: johnwick

He is a moderate Muslim. Just as we have moderate Christians who do not believe being gay is a sin.
So yes you are wrong and I stand by what I just called you.
Plus a few other choice words.

Meh.....been called worse by wiser folks....

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I'm sick and tired of americans oblivious to why everyone hates there country...

Hatred stems back over 100 yrs, and now youre sick and tired of it?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I am an American...at times we are a great nation......other times I'd like to bury my head in the sand because of the actions of my Government & some of it's citizens. But I'm sure their Brits & Aussie that feel the same. Sounds like a soapy line from a date movie.......I love my country...I'm just not IN LOVE with my country. I'm in love with what it's supposed to be....A democratic republic that separates church & state.....that's a farce these days.
edit on 8-10-2015 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

Lol considering we broke up in April I don't know how I can not believe in Allah (SWT)...

Seems you misspoke, John.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
No a lot of it is hate, Revolution...

My intellectual levels give me the right to be arrogant in posting.

But I also know when I'm humbled.
Some of what you say is true, and I try to better myself everyday before I tell others their faults...

But no, there is a hell of a lot of non critical absolute hate of Islam here, it's either wilful ignorance on your part, or you miraculously haven't seen it.

a reply to: Revolution9

Edit: if I had said there is no Jew hate on ATS just criticism you'd say the exact same thing too. I'm sure of that buddy.

edit on 8-10-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

You must admit that when even our president holds our country in contempt, it's not surprising that others from different nations will follows suit.

But you must remember (and I think that you alluded to it at the end of your OP), people act different in person than they do hiding behind a keyboard and screen, when anonymity and distance acts as a shield against consequences for their words.

But, also, the few who note the difference between disagreeing with certain things the US does and actually hating the US are two different things, but when we live in such a polarizing time in the world, its easy to read a disagreement as hate.

I wouldn't say that most people critical of the US hate the US, they just disagree with some of the actions or policies--and don't forget that, if people aren't very well traveled (I had the pleasure of living in Germany for 3.5 years of my life), it's easy to have a myopic view of the globe and think that only their ways and their laws work.

As an American, I can even understand why people are so hateful against things like our freedom to own guns because of how gun violence is portrayed in the media, or why people think our police forces are run like the Gestapo (again, because of the way only the bad cops get media coverage), but I just don't think that they understand the 'why' behind many of our freedoms and laws, and I certainly don't think that most of them have done appropriate research to understand that, in the grand scheme of things in this world, we generally rank quite low in homicides per 100,000 people, or that the bad actions by cops that they see on YouTube are committed by a dramatic minority of LEOs in our nation.

But you must take into account the myopia that exists out there, and like CharlieSpeirs said in the first response on this thread, you generally have to learn to ignore much of it and chock it up to ignorance--and not ignorance in the defamatory sense, but in the sense that they probably only know their own culture and laws, and so anything that is different, especially when it entails more freedom and less government control, it's a difficult concept to fully comprehend.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Being critical of something does not mean that you hate it.

You're trying to deal in absolutes.

I think your gun laws over there are crazy, as is your healthcare system. I also think that some US foreign policy sucks.

Does that mean I hate the USA and people from it? Nope.

Its not a perfect world. None of us are perfect. Every country has its positives and negatives. If you believe the USA only has positives, you are delusional.

And if you can't take a little criticism, you need to grow a thicker skin.

Incidentally, having been on the 'net virtually since its commercial inception and moderating in several different places, I can tell you from experience that the worst group of posters for criticism of other countries, xenophobia and general online bullying in forums and comments sections tended to be American - a trend that is only recently dying off as other countries caught up on the 'net.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Gee op you make a legitimate post ,but I have to wonder if all of your travels and observations might have happened in the pre-911 world . 911 changed a lot of things . pre-911 for a Canadian was the golden years where you could have a Canadian flag on your back pack and in fact some Americans chose it for theirs because of some of the problems your Govt .were causing . Think " Tales of a Economic Hit Man "

Maybe you don't get out much any more or don't read articles like this one " WikiLeaks Cables Shed Light On US Foreign Policy

Documents show Washington backing of regime change is a major problem. The cables also show how Honduras, under the government of President Manuel Zelaya, became an enemy state for becoming too friendly with other left governments. www.informationclearinghouse.info...

Maybe you look at your POTUS with great admiration and take to heart his words with out hearing the other side of the story . While Rome may have been envied by some I would imagine there were legitimate complaints from peoples other then Roman's . Take a look at your POTUS speech at the UN and ask yourself if you think like him .

From F. William Engdahl " Near the start after the usual pious homage to the 70-year history of the United Nations, Mr. Obama says, “the United States has worked with many nations in this Assembly to prevent a third world war — by forging alliances with old adversaries; by supporting the steady emergence of strong democracies accountable to their people instead of any foreign power.”
I am challenged to think of one single strong democracy accountable to their people that US interventions of the past years have supported. On the contrary look at the actual record since the US invasion and destruction of Afghanistan in 2001 and then Iraq in 2003. Then we have seen the US State Department’s launching, under Hillary Clinton, of the NGO and social media-steered Arab Spring destabilizations under the false flag of installing democracy. ThenWashington went on to the destruction of Africa’s most stable, peaceful state, Qaddafi’s Libya. And in 2013 the US-directed Maidan coup d’etat to install a neo-nazi band of hooligans in Kiev to try to destabilize Russia. Every covert and overt US intervention has brought the world a giant step closer to World War III. The latest move in that direction is US insistence on placing the most advanced nuclear bombs on German soil making a major destabilization of the current status quo between NATO and Russia. www.informationclearinghouse.info...

Maybe your shin has got soft and sensitive in your later years . It's not only other peoples bashing America because there are lots of Americans doing the same . But maybe it's not all the American people that is being bashed but those ones that claim the American exceptional-ism . Yea yea I know you did this and that and those are great but you being exceptional means you can be exceptionally bad too and sense 911 it's been a bad decade + ..... Maybe you and your Govt. can change the many's minds . Accidents happen but if most of what you are doing is only digging a hole then ,step away from the shovel .

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: Swills

Don't forget the gay folk getting married and transgendered folk.
Heck Imagine being a trans gay Muslim on ATS...

Mohammed Jenner?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

My intellectual levels give me the right to be arrogant in posting.

I believe you are confused with whats called Narcissism.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Gawd....here we go. Yet another whiner who doesn't understand the difference between constructive criticism and "hate talk"

Just a note: If America is going to claim to be the "shining light" of democracy and freedom, the worlds police and also feels as if it has the right to do whatever it pleases in the world, then it is the right of the rest of us to provide criticism if we see the need. If you insist on having a whine about that then cry me a f...ing river.

Get off this INTERNATIONAL forum and go somewhere else if you don't like it, because I certainly know I'm not going to stop providing criticism if I see the need to.

edit on 8/10/2015 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

America by its very nature welcomes all walks of life with open arms...possibly even to fault. Anyone is welcome here. I just don't understand it, the hatred. The foundation of this country is about being welcome, anyone.
That's nice .Now go sell that to the original peoples . I am sure you can find them on a reservation near you .

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

I have no issue with criticism, none what so ever. I will be the first to say I am an ardent critic of numerous things here in the US. I do not think all is positive in the US, and frankly I have a bit thicker skin than you may think.

No, what I see is not criticism for the sake of bettering things, it is seizing upon an opportunity to hate on the US by couching it in snarky and sarcastic supposed criticism. There is a difference. One is aimed at betterment, and the other is aimed at denegrating with no constructive purpose. It's like any topic is gleefully seized upon as an excuse to bash America. It's really quite obvious, hence my post.

Yeah, I get it, this is an international forum, but this is still no excuse.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Wow...

Look, I have no problem with Americans. My problem is with the government of the USA, whose policies have helped to steal my liberty and freedom from unwarranted surveillance, despite me living on the other side of the damned ocean, whose policies have had a hand in allowing for the creation of terror networks, training their people, and supplying their soldiers unwittingly or otherwise. I have a problem with the MIC, with which the US government is very much involved as a business partner and trading associate.

But I am the first to recognise that these problems are the same in the US as they are in my nation. However, just because I am aware of the problem here in my back yard, does not mean I will be silent when I see the rot take root elsewhere. I am vocally opposed to much that my own government does, and because I am willing to be honest about the failings of my own nation, whether it pleases you or not, I will also be honest about the failings I see everywhere else. No one gets a free pass.
edit on 8-10-2015 by TrueBrit because: Grammar and spelling errors removed.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Everyone is narcissistic deep down in some way or another...

My own flaw happens to be my arrogance of polymathic intelligence.

So not confused, just using different terminology.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Polymath? Jack of all trades is usually a master of none.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: neformore

No, what I see is not criticism for the sake of bettering things, it is seizing upon an opportunity to hate on the US by couching it in snarky and sarcastic supposed criticism.

Well then for goodness sakes, don't venture onto FB or Twitter.
Because snarky and sarcastic is the official language of 2015. Sad but true.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
I'm sick of it.

I'm sick of all this hating on the United States of America, just sick and freaking tired of it!

I'm sick of being sick of it, and am no longer sick anymore.

I got cured long ago.

I don't see anything wrong with what anybody says.

I only question my own interpretation of their words.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join