It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan woman with concealed carry permit opens fire at alleged Home Depot shoplifters

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

People like her give the rest of us lawful CCL holders a bad name! Even if she was the business owner, it is unlawful to fire at anyone who isn't an active threat to your life. It's law enforcement's job to pursue, capture and prosecute the violators! Here in Wisconsin, training is required to receive your CCL, and every instructor will have stressed what constitutes legal and acceptable conditions for using your weapon!

Py

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Update

'Sharpshooter' who flattened tire of fleeing shoplifters' car with gun gets probation

ROCHESTER HILLS, Michigan (AP) – A woman described as a "sharpshooter" was sentenced to 18 months of probation Wednesday for firing a gun at the getaway car as suspected shoplifters fled a Home Depot in suburban Detroit.

Tatiana Duva-Rodriguez, who was licensed to carry a concealed weapon, said she heard a scream and feared the incident was worse than a theft. She acknowledged the shooting in the parking lot was a mistake.

"I made a decision in a split second," the 46-year-old Clarkston woman told a judge. "Maybe it was not the right one, but I was trying to help."

Her gunfire flattened a tire on the thieves' SUV on Oct. 6 at a Home Depot in Auburn Hills. No one was hurt.

Duva-Rodriguez pleaded no-contest to reckless discharge of a firearm. The suspects were captured a few days later and charged.

"I don't believe any malice was involved in what you were doing, but I believe you have to think about what could have happened," Judge Julie Nicholson said.

Duva-Rodriguez's permit to carry a concealed weapon is revoked until at least 2023. Defense attorney Steven Lyle Schwartz said she's a "sharpshooter."

"We need more people like Tatiana Duva-Rodriguez in our society," he said.

18 months probation and lost her CCW (only) until 2023.

ETA: - I didn't see lucidity already updated so my bad.
edit on 13-12-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

<< 8  9  10   >>

join