It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defend Roseburg - Deny Barack Obama Protest in Oregon

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

We can agree on parts, and disagree on others. Respectfully.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

And here I am believing in the US constitution.

And fully believe in peoples GOD given rights to free speech, and their second amendment rights as well as the rest of their UNALIENABLE rights.

I don't especially see people 'shooting' their mouths off to be dangerous.

I do however believe the state, and it's supporters represent a clear and present danger to the people of this country, and their freedoms.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Okay, listen up!!!

Bickering, name-calling and off topic banter ain't gonna fly....You are responsible for your own posts.

*** ALL MEMBERS *** Ending Rudeness, Hate, Bigotry: Getting Back to Basics

There will be consequences for ignoring this message and the T&C

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

making it clear how they feel about Obama and presumably gun control

"If you want to understand the (gun) problem in America, you need to focus on who profits from that problem, not who suffers from that problem".

As you all know, Obama is merely the current muppet for the US government, and when he is replaced, the same rhetoric to disarm and restrict will be spruiked by the next muppet upon the next mass shooting - all the while ignoring the actual cause because...well...powerful individuals and corporations stand to lose money, and lots of it, if the easily fixable solution is enacted - the same solution that protects individual rights to exercise the 2nd amendment - a solution that costs lots of money to implement.

The US government does not want US citizens to have 2nd amendment rights anymore, because they cannot go full rogue until you're all disarmed.

Nice symbolic protest - personally I would like to see 40 Million march upon Capitol Hill and deconstruct Congress and the White House - if your military saw that, they would join you.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Yeah, I remember Obama and Hillary doing a wonderful job of consoling the grieving relatives of those killed in Benghazi, while they were unloading the coffins from the plane at the airport.

Obama and Clinton comforted them by assuring them he and Hillary would get that evil person who made the video that caused their deaths. No politicizing, there...No,sir.

Funny thing, THEN they blamed a video for the deaths...NOW, they're blaming a gun.
edit on 7-10-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Those folks are hurting. They're angry at the Universe in general, and they've reason.

The President should honor their wishes and stay away. They do not want him there.

Has anybody asked them? This all came uncorroborated from a local publishing house in the first place in a statement made on O' Reilly, which is so obviously just a news show????
I note the emotive use of the word, 'grandstanding' used in that statement also reiterated here at ATS in posts, as if in explanation.
As for Obama's visit, all I have is that he will visit relatives on Friday, I take that would be showing empathy, something I would do under the circumstances.

As for the Roseburg council,
" We wish to be clear that Mayor (Larry) Rich, City Council President (Tom) Ryan and the Roseburg City Council welcome the president to Roseburg and will extend him every courtesy,”
That's not exactly a 'possible tsunami' of mistrust is it?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: smurfy
If a President comes to pay respects, as did Clinton, and Bush, in the exact same circumstances, what the feck is the beef? where's the manners.. er folks. And this President is going to a place that has little or no gun control, you don't mention that. As for asking people to walk away from a funeral, (which is making an agenda) that's disgusting.

Oh? How many of the victims did Obama personally know? Was he commander of any of them? Are any Santoro relatives among the deceased? Any cousins by marriage?

He has no reason to be there other than abuse of a situation to create a spectacle, which is beyond disrespectful.

Quote from somewhere,
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us"
I don't think I need to add to that.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

what do you mean has anyone asked them?

Have you not seen the interviews with them?

its not uncorroborated if they are actually TELLING people that lol

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

If a President comes to pay respects, as did Clinton, and Bush, in the exact same circumstances, what the feck is the beef? where's the manners.. er folks. And this President is going to a place that has little or no gun control, you don't mention that. As for asking people to walk away from a funeral, (which is making an agenda) that's disgusting.

Oh? How many of the victims did Obama personally know? Was he commander of any of them? Are any Santoro relatives among the deceased? Any cousins by marriage?

He has no reason to be there other than abuse of a situation to create a spectacle, which is beyond disrespectful.

Quote from somewhere,
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us"
I don't think I need to add to that.

How does that quote address anything he said?

Lots of personal attacks on this thread today

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
If Obama didn't tout agenda first off maybe he'd be welcome for the memorial. Yes, memorial not gun control discussion. An agenda fueled speech is very disrespectful to the victims, family and friends. To also mention that area DOES NOT align with Obama's politics.
edit on 7-10-2015 by dreamingawake because: the*

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

As you all know, Obama is merely the current muppet for the US government, and when he is replaced, the same rhetoric to disarm and restrict will be spruiked by the next muppet upon the next mass shooting - all the while ignoring the actual cause because...well..

At this point would be either Biden,CLinton, or Sanders they all support the same thing. It's the party politic.

.powerful individuals and corporations stand to lose money, and lots of it,

Yes, and no. The state becomes the exclusive customer of firearm manufactures, and the people will be forced to pay for weapons they will never get to own.

That's what they call social 'justice'.
edit on 7-10-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
It's funny how people are free to say whatever they want because of the 1st Amendment. But the only thing that prevents government from inhibiting the 1st is the 2nd. Obama will use this tragedy to curb the 2nd, thus making the 1st rather tenuous.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

How'd you figure that out? If you mean the quote, (you don't say) that's a generalisation...applies to us all really.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

How'd you figure that out? If you mean the quote, (you don't say) that's a generalisation...applies to us all really.

So does gun control there.

It is a PERSONAL ATTACK.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

Over five pages of pissing and moaning and yours and one reply to you are the only references I have found that accurately reflect the truth. Indeed, the city council of Roseburg HAS released a press release, and I am sure direct contact with the WH stating that they will welcome Obamas visit.

However, how is it you did not mention this in the Opening Post?

edit on 31America/ChicagoWed, 07 Oct 2015 20:10:56 -0500Wed, 07 Oct 2015 20:10:56 -050015102015-10-07T20:10:56-05:00800000010 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Obama STILL hasn't even called to console the family of Kate Steinle...she was also killed by a gun.

Another high-profile murder Obama could politicize and use to push gun control...oops...right,... Poor Kate was killed by a 5-time deported, illegal alien, felon in a 'Sanctuary City'....soooo, no consolations or phone calls from President Barack Obama.
edit on 7-10-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Obama STILL hasn't even called to console the family of Kate Steinle...she was also killed by a gun.

Another high-profile murder Obama could politicize and use to push gun control...oops...right,... Poor Kate was killed by a 5-time deported, illegal alien, felon in a 'Sanctuary City'....soooo, no consolations or phone calls from President Barack Obama.

Illegal aliens always stick together.

#DefendRoseburg

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
From what I can find, this is a very one-sided view of the issue.

As for politicizing? Since when did that become a dirty word? Politicizing is a way to get the representatives of the people to foster change...or at least discuss it. What better time to do that then when a tragedy or crisis is fresh in the mind? The other way...waiting until the "right" time...sure doesn't work.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

funny how the tune changes if its Bush, or another conservative speaking about issues that the progressives dont agree with

Then they are just political hacks using a situation to push their agenda

Now youre saying "whats wrong with politicizing"

Again the progressive hypocrisy comes shining through......

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

He's also avoided the fact that this was a blatant hate crime. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt when he claims Christianity, but it is a bit curious that, as a Christian, he made no "If I had children attending college, they would worship like these victims did" statement. He certainly made that statement regarding Trayvon Martin. He certainly pushed the issue in South Carolina in regards to race. He certainly had hate crimes on his mind in relation to the Matthew Sheppard murder. What made this case, in which a shooter asked each victim if they proclaimed Christ, killing all who did so, different?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join