It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defend Roseburg - Deny Barack Obama Protest in Oregon

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

It's all about politics. Nothing else. And they are stepping on their own dead to make a political point.

They can't. The Free Speech Zone barrier extends far enough out from Obama while he's standing on that pile of dead that none of these poor souls can even approach it.

C'mon man, this is the crap I am talking about. How does that comment, in any way, add to a constructive conversation? That is just partisan bull# nonsense.

How does calling them all right wing nutters with horrible grammar add to a constructive conversation? You started your whole entry into this thread insulting, and name calling these people, and then you want to talk about adding to Constructive conversation?

Hypocritical much?
edit on 10/7/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I wasnt aware a persons literacy determined their intellect........

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

C'mon man, this is the crap I am talking about. How does that comment, in any way, add to a constructive conversation? That is just partisan bull# nonsense.

Oh, we're being constructive now? I'm sorry, I thought the thread was still about a politician taking advantage of a tragedy to make a stump speech and create a spectacle.

You know damn good and well if tomorrow an illegal raped and killed a girl in, say, Phoenix, and Donald Trump scheduled a rally there to push his immigration plan, you'd be shoveling the partisan BS around like the fish tossers in Pike Place Market throw salmon. It is all partisan bullcrap as far as I am concerned. The difference is Obama is in a position of authority and of responsibility. Only a self righteous asshole would blame the families of the victims for not wishing to see Obama's face in Oregon on partisanship and politics... the fact is those civilians are in no position of power. If they don't want Obama in their midst while they grieve, all they have are their voices. Meanwhile, on the other side, we have the guy who holds all the cards and, as a result, the buck stops with him. He can do the respectful, tasteful thing and hold off on going there, keeping his nose in his own personal business rather than becoming a modern day P.T. Barnum trying to get more supporters to pay their way into his Tent of Allegedly Preventable Horrors... or he can do what he's so-far done time after time and make it all about *him.*

My God, January 20, 2017 cannot come quickly enough. After that date, anyone who wishes to reject Obama, ignore Obama, or otherwise relegate the man to utter meaninglessness will be entirely unfettered in doing so, while all of his idoliters, worshipers, and fans can continue to fawn over him at their leisure.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Yeah, the guy needs to be ran off. I don't remember him showing up to any natural disaster area in the past 7 years. He only shows his face when he thinks it will benefit him politically.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mirthful Me

originally posted by: seagull
Those folks are hurting. They're angry at the Universe in general, and they've reason.

The President should honor their wishes and stay away. They do not want him there.

In what way is he being any different then the Westboro Baptist church asswipes? Intruding where he's not wanted.

There's a modern day Scylla and Charybdis... Westboro or 0bama? 0bama or Westboro?

Oh Odysseus! How would you navigate such foul waters?

I thought Obama was Sisyphus ??

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
I thought Obama was Sisyphus ??

Those Reggie Love rumors were never substantiated.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

My God, January 20, 2017 cannot come quickly enough. After that date, anyone who wishes to reject Obama, ignore Obama, or otherwise relegate the man to utter meaninglessness will be entirely unfettered in doing so, while all of his idoliters, worshipers, and fans can continue to fawn over him at their leisure.

My thoughts as well however. I don't think he has the class of GW, and will just fade away all nice, and quite like.

Too much of an egomaniac.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

This is not political for me. I hold both Parties in equal disdain. Both Parties are disgusting to me.

I don't call people who don't agree with me nutters. That would be childish and a bit fanatical IMO.

Are you not commenting based on your own political agenda, rather than discussing how wrong minded it is for Obama to use this tragedy for political purposes. Do you personally agree with Obama's political visit while families are grieving?

Attacking those who don't want him there seems like just more political venom to me. It's their town, their loss and their moment of weakness in grief that is being dumped on by a politician to benefit him and only him and his agenda. If you think Obama gives a damn about these people, have I got a bridge .....................

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

I get in Obama’s case as much as anyone but I agree he should visit these people and console the victims relatives it’s a good thing to do…I mean he is the president.

Also, so what he politicizes it presidents always do that.

People are making something out of nothing imo

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Well then how about he go visit Afghanistan where he just bombed that Doctors without borders hospital ?

(post by introvert removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

That's a good idea. This is imo an overblown issue.

If Obama is sincere then so he visits where there was another mass shooting, big deal he's the president that's his job.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Ok, I'm done. If you can't even be honest, what s the point.

This coming from a guy who just lambasted another poster for not contributing to a constructive conversation, all while personally attacking not only the PEOPLE of this town, and calling them names, but also personally attacking the posters on the thread.....

That really gives me a chuckle

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Welcome to the dark side. Let's see you start criticizing Obama then shall we?

Cause he does, and so often it takes a shovel to keep up with.
edit on Wed Oct 7 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I don't call people who don't agree with me nutters. That would be childish and a bit fanatical IMO.

It has nothing to do with agreeing with their political stance or not. It has to do with the rhetoric and reasoning behind this action. They are nutter. Plain and simple. It's in the words they posted.

What's funny is that the same people that don't want Obama to come, and those that support their decision, are the same people that would bitch and moan if Obama said he wasn't coming.

They would say things like "Well, if the people were all black and Rev. Al was there, Obama would go". There is no pleasing the nutters.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Ok, I'm done. If you can't even be honest, what s the point.

This coming from a guy who just lambasted another poster for not contributing to a constructive conversation, all while personally attacking not only the PEOPLE of this town, and calling them names, but also personally attacking the posters on the thread.....

That really gives me a chuckle

Doesn't change the fact that you lied. Care to respond to that?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I will not deal with liars or people that have to make # up.

Welcome to the dark side. Let's see you start criticizing Obama then shall we?

Cause he does, and so often it takes a shovel to keep up with.

It's ok to lie as long as we bash Obama?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Says the person who started the exchange insulting others by calling them 'right wing nutters'.

With no proof other than they don't like Obama very much.

I see how that works.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Don't count me in that. Were it any other politician from any Party, I'd say the same.

This visit is wrong and politicizing a tragedy before the body's are cold was wrong, no matter who did it.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Says the person who started the exchange insulting others by calling them 'right wing nutters'.

With no proof other than they don't like Obama very much.

I see how that works.

I called them nutters because of the things they said in the FB posts. It actually had nothing to do with them not liking Obama. Hell, I don't even like Obama. But I find the nutters to be more dangerous.

edit on 7-10-2015 by introvert because: replaced a " for a '. Don't want people lying about my edits.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join