It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defend Roseburg - Deny Barack Obama Protest in Oregon

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
www.facebook.com...

From the facebook page, over 4,000 people are planning on attending. Roseburg is making it clear how they feel about Obama and presumably gun control. They are also asking for donations for the families of the shooting victims. Roseburg is already within the boundaries of the proposed State of Jefferson, and I can tell you that a lot of folks are pretty sick of no representation in our government because they are very rural, so Im glad to see them rejecting Obama jumping on this tragedy to push his gun control agenda.

If he still goes to Roseburg for the funerals, I hope people will protest by walking out and going to a nearby park to have a memorial that truly memorializes the victims.

Friday Oct 9th at 9am

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Caught a blurb earlier about tge vet that tried to hold the door... White house wanted to visit, either him or his family said not interested.

Don't think this tragedy exploitation is going like they thought it would.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
No...we all have to be respectful towards the President of the United states and not politicize his visit...blah..blah...blah blah blah.....

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
BTW...I assume the secret service will be packing?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

They are expecting citizens to carry at the Protest, from their facebook: - If you choose to bring a firearm, please keep it holstered and/or properly secured, etc. Safety and responsibility at all times.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
a reply to: IAMTAT

They are expecting citizens to carry at the Protest, from their facebook: - If you choose to bring a firearm, please keep it holstered and/or properly secured, etc. Safety and responsibility at all times.

No effing way! Although I think Obama would be very safe in Roseburg. As a rural town, they are fairly safe. I think they've only had two murders in the last 15 years, well other than the recent massacre. For a population of around 23,000 it's pretty good.

If this is true, Obama will probably bring 20,000 security staff along. I wonder if he or his staff have read that facebook post. It's almost hilarious. I'm quite naïve at times. Are you joking? Link?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
BTW...I assume the secret service will be packing?

lol good one

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
www.facebook.com...

From the facebook page, over 4,000 people are planning on attending. Roseburg is making it clear how they feel about Obama and presumably gun control. They are also asking for donations for the families of the shooting victims. Roseburg is already within the boundaries of the proposed State of Jefferson, and I can tell you that a lot of folks are pretty sick of no representation in our government because they are very rural, so Im glad to see them rejecting Obama jumping on this tragedy to push his gun control agenda.

If he still goes to Roseburg for the funerals, I hope people will protest by walking out and going to a nearby park to have a memorial that truly memorializes the victims.

Friday Oct 9th at 9am

If a President comes to pay respects, as did Clinton, and Bush, in the exact same circumstances, what the feck is the beef? where's the manners.. er folks. And this President is going to a place that has little or no gun control, you don't mention that. As for asking people to walk away from a funeral, (which is making an agenda) that's disgusting.

+14 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

the beef is they can clearly see his political agenda........Hes already come out on TV with it and the anti gun thing

They dont want their dead and their town a part of his policy pushing BS......

They can see its not about "respect" its about grandstanding

Thats the beef

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I think the president needs to RESPECT their wishes.

Let them grieve in peace without being made props.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
I think the president needs to RESPECT their wishes.

Let them grieve in peace without being made props.

Thats not going to happen, which further proves that its not about respect for the dead for him.....

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

If I were going to a funeral to honor victims, and someone used it as a platform for anything besides honoring them, then I would have no problem retreating to a place that kept the focus on the reason for the gathering. I have no respect for this President, so I could only hope he would get the message that showing up at a super painful gathering to spew his ignorant view of Gun Ownership isnt acceptable.

I would be surprised if Obama has ever held a gun much less shot one. Why would he, he has the secret service surrounding him and his family. We dont have the luxury of employing weapons for hire like he does.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
All 0bama needs to do is roll in with those Greek columns and get Jay-Z to do a couple of numbers and pimp him up along with an MTV live feed and the people of Roseburg will so get over it...

After all, it worked in '08 and '12...

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
If a President comes to pay respects, as did Clinton, and Bush, in the exact same circumstances, what the feck is the beef? where's the manners.. er folks. And this President is going to a place that has little or no gun control, you don't mention that. As for asking people to walk away from a funeral, (which is making an agenda) that's disgusting.

Oh? How many of the victims did Obama personally know? Was he commander of any of them? Are any Santoro relatives among the deceased? Any cousins by marriage?

He has no reason to be there other than abuse of a situation to create a spectacle, which is beyond disrespectful.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Sounds to me like these people are a bunch of Right-Wing nutters.

The anointed one his majesty king 0bama and the White House have announced a Friday arrival in Roseburg, Oregon in the wake of Oct 1st's horrific tragedy at UCC.

Polarizing as usual, Mr 0bama has insisted on politicizing the event as a conduit for increased executive orders on gun control via means of his pen, and his phone.

They call-out Obama's polarizing tactics by being polarizing.

Idiots.

Also, I didn't see anything about raising money for the families. They are raising money for port-o-potties.

We are working on finding portapotties for the event. In order to do that we'll need donations (something we hadn't planned on needing!) We are opening an account for the funds and will post that account number so that people can donate if they so choose to help offset the expenses for the toilets.

Anyway, this is not surprising. Nutters getting together with other nutters to protest a man that simply wants to pay his respects.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I know.

I was hoping for at least one time he would put others above his own self important ego.
edit on 7-10-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

So they are right wing nutters, because they watched the president come out on TV about this and start spewing rhetoric

and then he wants to come to their town and platform, and THEY are the nutjobs?

No, I think they see this move by Obama exactly for what it is and they dont want him there.....

The first thing the president did was start in about the political BS agenda.....

If that makes them Nutters , then I guess Im a nutter too

Nice how you label them though, keep up the divisive BS while accusing other people of being polarizing

have some damn respect for a community that just lost a bunch of people to a psychopath
edit on 10/7/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Sounds to me like these people are a bunch of Right-Wing nutters.

You do know that gun control which Obama made perfectly clear he wants more of is a RIGHT WING NUTTER ideology ?

Made infamous in Nazi Germany by a guy named Adolf Hitler.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

So they are right wing nutters, because they watched the president come out on TV about this and start spewing rhetoric

No, they are right wing nutter because of the crap they posted on the event page. Do I have to quote it again?

Nice how you label them though, keep up the divisive BS while accusing other people of being polarizing

Didn't they accuse the president of being polarizing, while posting polarizing rhetoric? Am I the only one who sees the hypocrisy and humor in this? It's the stuff of epic parodies.

have some damn respect for a community that just lost a bunch of people to a psychopath

Nice emotional touch, but not falling for it. All Obama is trying to do is pay his respects. Just like he did after all of the other mass shooting and tragedies. But somehow this is different?

Well, yes. You have a bunch of nutters trying to politicize this even more and whining about how Obama politicized it.

Utter hypocrisy.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

From the second post on the groups fb page refers to monies going to victims

*IF you cannot make it to the event but want to help, we need donations for portapotties. ANY excess funds will be given to the families, period. You can go to your local Wells Fargo bank and make a deposit to account # 5690107783. The name on the account is Julie Collins (you'll see her name listed as one of the hosts of this event). Again, our only expense is portapotties. ALL other funds will go to the families.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join