It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

September Sees Record Gun Sales

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: neo96

What a manipulated scam is going on, the more the gun violence is advertised the more people wants their hands on owning a gun, then again, is not the fear of been killed in a mass shooting is the fear of what the government may do when it comes to restricting gun rights

The NRA, gun makers and sellers are loving it. Thank you Obama they are singing on their way to the bank

Nothing like wanting to reduce something only to see your very actions do the exact opposite. It is really funny watching people screaming about something knowing that as they do those screams are increasing what they are against.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!! it makes you wonder, you know, as the true intensions if is any behind the media propaganda, you think they are getting a cut from the gun selling profits?

I wonder.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!! it makes you wonder, you know, as the true intensions if is any behind the media propaganda, you think they are getting a cut from the gun selling profits?

I wonder.

That was my conspiracy theory post. The people screaming about guns (politicians) are also on the take from the gun lobby only keeping it off the books. Every time it heats up sales go through the roof. So either on the take or too stupid to see the pattern, in which case they aren't even smart enough to hold office. But then most aren't regardless of letter next to name.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Dp...sorry
edit on 8-10-2015 by Reallyfolks because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: links234

originally posted by: StoutBroux

Fear of what? Fear of the government making it so restrictive that it would be virtually impossible to purchase a gun of any type?

So...you think the government is going to take guns away...so you buy more guns so they have more guns to take away? Or is it, you think it's going to be hard to purchase guns, so you buy more guns just to have more guns?

I mean, guns are a couple hundred bucks a piece...why spend the money if you know they're just going to be taken away? I just don't understand the need to have more than two or three guns.

Can someone explain it to me, please? I really, honestly don't understand the mentality.

Depends on the person. Some people like to collect them and buy different ones for different reasons. I know quite a few who have hundreds of guns. They are collectors and buy them for the particular make/model/rarity/whatever. I used to collect custom 1911 pistols that were made by different gunsmiths around the country. I did so because each one had their own style and I liked them all.

I collect a lot of custom knives, many I have never used, simply because I like the design or have met the knifemaker and really got behind what they were doing.

There are all kinds of reasons for owning more than 1 or 3 of anything.....hell, I am a collector and I still don't get why people collect stamps.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Fear of what? Fear of the government making it so restrictive that it would be virtually impossible to purchase a gun of any type?

So...you think the government is going to take guns away...so you buy more guns so they have more guns to take away? Or is it, you think it's going to be hard to purchase guns, so you buy more guns just to have more guns?

I mean, guns are a couple hundred bucks a piece...why spend the money if you know they're just going to be taken away? I just don't understand the need to have more than two or three guns.

Can someone explain it to me, please? I really, honestly don't understand the mentality.

Depends on the person. Some people like to collect them and buy different ones for different reasons. I know quite a few who have hundreds of guns. They are collectors and buy them for the particular make/model/rarity/whatever. I used to collect custom 1911 pistols that were made by different gunsmiths around the country. I did so because each one had their own style and I liked them all.

I collect a lot of custom knives, many I have never used, simply because I like the design or have met the knifemaker and really got behind what they were doing.

There are all kinds of reasons for owning more than 1 or 3 of anything.....hell, I am a collector and I still don't get why people collect stamps.

Pretty much. Don't think anyone with a an ounce of common sense believes they will confiscate guns. But if something you want looks like it may be harder to get or no longer made people will get it while they can. Look at what happened when people thought no more Twinkies after the bankruptcy. People buying them up, selling crazy prices on Amazon, etc. I'm not saying Twinkies are like guns, just showing how the concept happens to many items beyond guns

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Its the same as with anything else. If you have a popular product, combined with a public expectation that the same popular product may soon become limited in availability or unavailable altogether, the people who buy that product will inevitably attempt to hoard it. Happens every single time.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Has anyone tried that new belt fed 9 mm rifle? its not a joke, it actually exists, saw it in a report from firearmblog, delivered into my email inbox.
Shot 1,000 rounds straight off.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Called it. During every gun scare, just count on the NRA and gun supporters to buy guns in record numbers. Nothing motivates gun owners to buy guns more than an over-hyped "threat" to the 2nd Amendment.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I'd like to know where all these sales are happening because every gun store owner I've talked to says business is slow.

Maybe Texans don't panic as much as states where they have to worry more about laws.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Called it. During every gun scare, just count on the NRA and gun supporters to buy guns in record numbers. Nothing motivates gun owners to buy guns more than an over-hyped "threat" to the 2nd Amendment.

The shooting happened on October 1st.

The article says that September had record sales.

So which gun scare and "over-hyped threat" are you referring to, exactly?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Some people collect action figures, dolls, stamps, coins, model cars, trains, movie memorabilia, comic books, etc. etc. etc.

Each one has its own features, unique story, design, purpose, etc.

Guns are no different. Some people treat them like tools and only have a few that have specific purposes: a shotgun for bird hunting, a rifle for large game, a pistol for self defense, etc. Other people just enjoy collecting.

It's really not a difficult concept. Also, guns are typically WAY more than a "couple hundred bucks a piece." Only the cheapest of guns are that low in price.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I had a deer rifle, my daughter started hunting so I had to buy another. Now we both have the same rifle. When she is a RESPONSIBLE adult and moves out she'll take hers with her. Of course she started with small calipers and I still have them taking up space in my safe.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Zat so? Damn... Well I expect October to have even higher gun sales.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Having just gotten into vaping, at first I wondered why people would have so many devices. Surely all you'd need are 2 devices: rotate as the battery dies.

Now i am a month into vaping, and have bought 6 batteries, and maybe 15 tanks.

Same with guns. You make a hobby out of something, become interested in it, and tinker with it....you then spend money to collect more devices.

Might as well ask a stamp collector why he needs all those stamps. They have no real purpose, and most likely wouldn't even cover postage to mail something within the same town. Or doll collections (shiver). Only purpose a doll collection has is to creep the hell out of guests.

The wonderful part of it all: you don't have to explain why you choose to exercise a right. Its your right.

ETA: I honestly believe that the first amendment has caused more death and destruction than the second has. Great volumes have been filled with metaphors for how words are more deadly and eviscerating than the sword or gun.
edit on 10/8/2015 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join